Sol Campbell is available and ticks a lot of boxes

Chris Houghton would probably get them back up I n a couple Of seasons

David James wants to get into management

or Les Ferdinand might fancy it after coaching and director of football at QPR

When did BLM take over Bournemouth? 🤔

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cartman said:

When did BLM take over Bournemouth? 🤔

What do you mean? I was just mentioning a few potential managers who would be interested and suitable for the role, I’d go as far as to say outstanding candidates.  Not sure what BLM has to do with it. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Suhari said:

Seems strange that he lost his way so badly.

Linked to Arsenal etc.

Was he (is he) a decent manager? Will be very interesting to see where he goes next.

Same thing happened to Klopp in his last season at Dortmund. Sometimes things can suddenly fall apart for managers who for years have got players overperforming.

That said, Bournemouth's weakness at the back for the whole of their time in the Premier League counts against Howe getting a really top job.

• Like 1

He did seem gutted at the end, but all in all he is their most successful manager by an absolute canyon, must have been a very difficult decision.

Cant see him turning up very far away after he returned to Bournemouth as his family couldn’t settle oop Norf. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up one day in Pompey, Bristol, Reading or a London club in the Championship or Lower Prem.

I’m not sure if he ever even tried to address Bournemouth’s defensive weaknesses, he seemed to want to relentlessly pursue an open style of football and was determined he could do it by outscoring the opposition, he will have to learn to be more adaptable for any future success. 

As for Bompey I can see the Cowley’s on the horizon after their absolutely bizarre sacking at Huddersfield they still have a lot to prove and stabilising Bournemouth could be a good ‘project’, although it might be one hell of a challenge. 

Edited by Shandy_Top_89

Can't see him gettting

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Skates suddenly sack Jackett? Goes back to his spiritual home he did play 2 games there 🙂

Can't see him getting the sort of job he's previously been linked with, Arsenal, Everton etc, Skates will provide him with a 'face saving' route back.

32 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

They need to get a solid pair of hands in charge like Houghton, or they're heading down to League One. Look how Stoke, Huddersfield and Sunderland have struggled in recent years following relegation.

Hughton heavily linked with Bristol City.  Job for Adkins perhaps ?

Been trying to find odds of Bournemouth dropping again next season but can’t see any markets open just yet.

Be interesting just how far he’s willing to travel for his next job, it’s common knowledge his family getting home sick bough him back to the south coast so as people have said I can’t see him travelling too far.

Could always ask if he fancies a break from management and wants to be Ralph’s number 2.

I think Howe is a good manager, he did very well there. After some time every manager gets a little stale, plus they really did have bad luck in getting relegated.

I think he will be successful at his next stop, and yes I could see it being Palace.

5 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Be interesting just how far he’s willing to travel for his next job, it’s common knowledge his family getting home sick bough him back to the south coast so as people have said I can’t see him travelling too far.

From what I heard I do not think his family ever went to Burnley, as it was he who was homesick or his wife did not want to go. This may limit his options if true.

37 minutes ago, rooney said:

From what I heard I do not think his family ever went to Burnley, as it was he who was homesick or his wife did not want to go. This may limit his options if true.

I think you're right. That was 9 years or so ago now though, so things may be different now. Either way, he's a good manager and what he achieved at Bournemouth was remarkable, and he'll get opportunities. 

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

What do you mean? I was just mentioning a few potential managers who would be interested and suitable for the role, I’d go as far as to say outstanding candidates.  Not sure what BLM has to do with it. 

Yes you do, there will be massive external  pressure to select from your suggested pool. I can hear Jim White and Adrian Durham echoing relentlessly in my head already 

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Harry on the radio. Apparently Howe took them from League 1 to the PL he didn’t realise it was from League 2 

Oh FFS is there anything the media dont ring up this twat and ask him about? 

I'm quite surprised he hasn't thrust his glorious CV under Mostyn's nose and said "give me a year, i can get you back up"

Nigel Adkins or Gary Johnson would be ideal for them in all seriousness. They cant hang around with the quick turn round into the new season and at least five first team regulars gone.

11 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

They need to get a solid pair of hands in charge like Houghton, or they're heading down to League One. Look how Stoke, Huddersfield and Sunderland have struggled in recent years following relegation.

Paul Cook would be a decent appointment in their present situation. 

Tony Pulis lives in sandbanks. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 hours ago, rooney said:

I think his mum died when he was there too, which he said affected him a lot.

As has been said on here, I can see him ending up at West Ham or Palace.

Will be very interesting seeing what happens to that Bournemouth team, lots of tales around that quite a few of them are on really high wages.

42 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I'm quite surprised he hasn't thrust his glorious CV under Mostyn's nose and said "give me a year, i can get you back up"

Nigel Adkins or Gary Johnson would be ideal for them in all seriousness. They cant hang around with the quick turn round into the new season and at least five first team regulars gone.

Considering Redknapp’s history with Bournemouth it would be extremely odd for the media not to get his opinion. 

10 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Been trying to find odds of Bournemouth dropping again next season but can’t see any markets open just yet.

Could always ask if he fancies a break from management and wants to be Ralph’s number 2.

They may struggle but odd how everyone seems to think every relegated team will do a Sunderland. Reality is most don’t and many like Burnley, Norwich, WBA , Fulham, Cardiff can bounce back or be thereabouts in playoffs.

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

He's just been on Talkshyte singing Eddie's praises. Apparently Bompey hadn' even been in the 2nd tier in 100 years!

Strange that. I remember the Satchell faced one getting them promoted in 1987. He lies so much he's forgotten the truth.

11 minutes ago, Lets B Avenue said:

He's just been on Talkshyte singing Eddie's praises. Apparently Bompey hadn' even been in the 2nd tier in 100 years!

Strange that. I remember the Satchell faced one getting them promoted in 1987. He lies so much he's forgotten the truth.

yeah, not like him to forget his own achievements tho 😁

8 minutes ago, Lets B Avenue said:

Correct. Their one and only time before Howe. Redknapp had been banging on about it for years, so funny how he’s now forgotten. The best thing about their recent success is it eclipse anything Redknapp did and Howe has nicked his Mr Bournemouth tag. Just wish someone would take his mayor of Sandbanks title off him , because as a Poole resident having that cockney twat appear every time the town is mentioned pisses me off. He’ll turn up anywhere, even opened the new toilets in Hamworthy last year. 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

They may struggle but odd how everyone seems to think every relegated team will do a Sunderland. Reality is most don’t and many like Burnley, Norwich, WBA , Fulham, Cardiff can bounce back or be thereabouts in playoffs.

I feel that way about Bournemouth due to the players still on their payroll, the players they’re going to lose,  the size of the club and the infrastructure. 

I’d imagine his stock has fallen now he has a premier league relegation on his CV. Be interesting to see if he is able to cut it at an already established Premier League club or if his thing is taking a lesser club on a rebuild through the leagues.

He could end up another Nigel, fortunate to be the right man at the right club at the right time, but unable to really make it click elsewhere.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Howe has had 4 successful seasons and 1 poor season  in the Premier League and is still only 42 years old. That is more than Adkins has managed at 55 years old.

You know what I meant MLG, Nigel has struggled career wise since he left us.