Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

12 minutes ago, nta786 said:

This lot are losing 7-1 away to Leicester’s U23.

The rot is setting in top to bottom.

These results wouldn’t be such a problem if they were providing us players for the first team but none of them are good enough or have been frozen out.

Part of me would love to bulk up the squad and let the likes of Diallo, Salisu, Tella, Valery (though on loan) play more and get some minutes in that league- maybe even taste what winning feels like before promoting to the first team but with our thin squad we can’t do that.

For reference; this Leicester U23 are also near the bottom ffs

AAD0FFB6-CA51-472F-A55A-2801C665D2E3.jpeg

Why would we play Diallo and Salisu in the under 23s when they played regularly for decent sides in Ligue 1 and La Liga? Tella has proven hes good enough to be in the first team squad and Valery....well hes just s***. 

Need a complete overhaul of the academy coaching set up. Matt Crocker has his work cut out

B Team results this year:

- West Ham 3-1 Saints

- Saints 1-1 Tottenham

- Saints 1-0 Derby

- Saints 1-2 Man Utd

- Saints 2-2 Arsenal

- Blackburn 5-1 Saints

- Man City 7-1 Saints

- Saints 1-2 Liverpool

- Brighton 3-0 Saints

- Chelsea 3-1 Saints

- Leicester 7-1 Saints

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

It saying on the match report at the bottom that Paul Hardyman is the under 18s coach. I know someone on here had said he had departed. Louis Carey is the under 16s coach.

I was told Hardyman left in January.

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

Ok, just it says on the bottom of the match report on Google that he was the coach for todays game.

Yeah I saw that too.  I suppose they are just assuming because the news hasn’t been reported anywhere. 

Spoke to my son's friend who plays for U15's and U16's this morning. He said their age groups are strong, the 16's are pretty decent but have spent a lot of time playing in the U18's this season which has meant some kids are being pushed around different years below to cover them. Despite that results have been alright below the U18's. 

He said to watch out for midfielder Kami Doyle, he's 15 but has been playing some games for the U18's and scored in a 3-2 defeat against West Ham yesterday. Apparently he's incredible and already has some sort of pro contract.

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Spoke to my son's friend who plays for U15's and U16's this morning. He said their age groups are strong, the 16's are pretty decent but have spent a lot of time playing in the U18's this season which has meant some kids are being pushed around different years below to cover them. Despite that results have been alright below the U18's. 

He said to watch out for midfielder Kami Doyle, he's 15 but has been playing some games for the U18's and scored in a 3-2 defeat against West Ham yesterday. Apparently he's incredible and already has some sort of pro contract.

Cheers for posting.  Good to know.

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Cheers for posting.  Good to know.

No problem. Pity I couldn't ask him more. He came to watch my son play but he dislocated his finger in the second half and I had to take him to the walk in center!

41 minutes ago, JRM said:

Not again FFS. Are we relegated yet? 

Must be now.
-750 goal difference. 

10 men wouldn’t have helped, but the side was strong today and they got absolutely battered.

You’d expect better from a side with Ferry / Jankewitz / Tella / Olaigbe / N’Lundulu / Obafemi all playing.

Edited by SuperSAINT
  • Like 1

Strong enough line up even with the obligatory red card to not have been demolished like that again. Clearly the belated fight and grit from the first team on Friday night didn’t inspire them at all. Another bunch of lightweight tarts. Training needs to be more of a blend of technical, physical and organisation to toughen the pathetic little flowers up right across all of the club’s teams. 

10 minutes ago, Over land and sea said:

Saints record for 2021 if you combine the league games of the first team, B team and U18s is something like

P40  W4   D5   L31    F40   A 121    Pts 17

Woeful.

Blimey that's horrific but not surprising, they should stick that on the wall at Staplewood to shame the players and staff. 

7 hours ago, The Cat said:

Will Kami sign for Saints though? He can’t have a pro contract yet. Word is that other better clubs are looking at signing him/talking to his people already 

16 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Will Kami sign for Saints though? He can’t have a pro contract yet. Word is that other better clubs are looking at signing him/talking to his people already 

This is going to happen now.  The big guns are going to hoover the best talent up (even more so than they already do) due to the brexit stuff.

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

This is going to happen now.  The big guns are going to hoover the best talent up (even more so than they already do) due to the brexit stuff.

We do similar to Football League clubs. Quite a few in our system have been signed from EFL clubs.

dog eat dog GIF by Jasper Van Gestel

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

We do similar to Football League clubs. Quite a few in our system have been signed from EFL clubs.

dog eat dog GIF by Jasper Van Gestel

Thanks, MLG.  I know that.  The new Brexit rules will mean the big boys will look at more domestic based players to stockpile.

I think the market for 14-15 year olds will be incredibly competitive now.

Watching it on Everton’s YouTube and their commentators said our team is easily the worst they’ve seen all season. I understand that a lot of B team regulars will be filling the bench tomorrow but they have been awful. The teams we have been putting out at u18 and B team recently have been embarrassing and must also just kill any confidence they have/had. 

Based on the fans forum yesterday, there is genuine recognition from Martin, Crocker, Ralph etc in terms of the awful results. Matt Crocker was quite scathing in some comments. ''Recruitment hasn't been good enough''  ''Some players simply won't make it''.

Some fair reasons provided in terms of players being pumped into the U18's before they were ready, all came down to lack of depth again (at all levels). But yeah, Matt Crocker didn't seem too impressed with the state of the academy when he came in.

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Based on the fans forum yesterday, there is genuine recognition from Martin, Crocker, Ralph etc in terms of the awful results. Matt Crocker was quite scathing in some comments. ''Recruitment hasn't been good enough''  ''Some players simply won't make it''.

Some fair reasons provided in terms of players being pumped into the U18's before they were ready, all came down to lack of depth again (at all levels). But yeah, Matt Crocker didn't seem too impressed with the state of the academy when he came in.

I wonder what he thinks of the coaching...

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I wonder what he thinks of the coaching...

There were a couple of things he mentioned which stood out...

'Attitudes and desire all wrong''

''Players not been made to work hard enough, they are just given the opportunity''.

''Players not good enough - being put in out of necessity''

Edited by S-Clarke

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

''Players not been made to work hard enough, they are just given the opportunity''.

The beauty is, where he's worked at the FA.  He will know if the coaches are good enough.

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

That's extremely damning.

As someone who's very passionate about Saints giving youngsters opportunities i really hope they can get things back on the right tracks quickly.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 'B' Team