Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

5 hours ago, Dusic said:

U18s back from 3-1 down to win 6-4.

Kami Doyle scoring twice to get Saints back in the game.

Not sure if they are new scholars for next year or on trial, but 3 of the starting XI are listed at other clubs on google.

• Yfeko (Leicester) 

• Brook (P*rtsmouth)

• Leahy (Millwall)

image.thumb.jpeg.606252b735ab4174d89fe1b7ccb9c2f4.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Good article. 

65 goals conceded for the B-team & 75 goals conceded for the U18's is mental.

This was our trialist in the B team against Everton on the weekend https://www.the42.ie/southampton-considering-a-bid-for-irish-youngster-sean-roughan-5433297-May2021/. Glad we are looking at more options, for next year.

It may also be nothing but one of the kit guys for the first team retweeted Toby Savin's MOTM trophy picture from their win against pompey. This might be just to take the p*** but also he has been linked with us a few times this year.

https://twitter.com/jmireland8/status/1391451329202212869?s=20

Edited by daldridge7

• 2 weeks later...

A Saints academy team of mixed ages but I think mainly U15's were at Molineaux today playing Wolves and Sheffield United in a 3 way tournament.

Saints drew 0-0 with Wolves and beat Sheffield United 2-1 with a last minute header.

My son went to watch because his mate was playing.

Picture is from the Wolves vs Sheff Utd game.

Screenshot_20210605-151104.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

A Saints academy team of mixed ages but I think mainly U15's were at Molineaux today playing Wolves and Sheffield United in a 3 way tournament.

Saints drew 0-0 with Wolves and beat Sheffield United 2-1 with a last minute header.

My son went to watch because his mate was playing.

Picture is from the Wolves vs Sheff Utd game.

Screenshot_20210605-151104.jpg

Cheers for that.  Any word on any good players who played today?

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Cheers for that.  Any word on any good players who played today?

You're going to have to base this on the opinion of a 15 year old who just replied and said "yeah, Tyler" because that's his mates name.

"A couple of good midfielders and the lad up front who scored was decent"

Not sure you're going to get much more than that to be honest!!

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

You're going to have to base this on the opinion of a 15 year old who just replied and said "yeah, Tyler" because that's his mates name.

"A couple of good midfielders and the lad up front who scored was decent"

Not sure you're going to get much more than that to be honest!!

Thanks mate.  Good to know.

Guess we shall see if how they do if they can step up next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I see we still haven t made any changes over the B team coaching staff 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well just before the end of the season they brought in Lee Skyrme from the FA as an Individual coach to work alongside Horseman so hopefully he has a positive impact.

I am quite suprised how many pro deals they have handed out but even more suprised that so far there have been no signings between 16 and 20 when there is such a dearth of quality in those ages and recruitment at that level was specifically mentioned by Crocker.

5 hours ago, rooney said:

Valery is in the pictures indicating he is not in the first team squad. On his way?

Valery is in the 1st team video and pictures (Facebook), maybe he is double shifting to build up his fitness. 

By the eay no one ever explained what happened at B'ham. Was never involved after Lee Bowyer took over in March. Was he frozen out after criticising his team mates on Twitter? No mention of any injury. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it was going to be Papa Waigo but he has been unsuccessful in getting a work permit.

If he didn't have other business interests then Dean Hammond would be a great shout for that type of role.

Edited by Dusic

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

Apparently it was going to be Papa Waigo but he has been unsuccessful in getting a work permit.

If he didn't have other business interests then Dean Hammond would be a great shout for that type of role.

👀 ?

we are short at left-back 

Edited by SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Lancashire is back!

This'll be what Leach was on about with the older CB at brighton thing. Leach might be our best info source now with regards to reliability and being the first to say things.

I used to watch the u23s quite a bit and before that the "reserves" , having a couple of older heads to play with the young lads always used to be how it was done and makes sense to me, although I think too many Saints squad players get no competitive football at all so I'd like to see some of those in B team occasionally as well. 

Hopefully we'll be allowed to attend the games at Totton this season. 

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

So less than a year after we were trying to turn the under 23s into "more of a B team", we announce we're signing Lancashire as we try to turn out B team into "more of a reserve team". 

I think last season was a fine example that their 'B Team' experiment was nothing short of a disaster.

Much happier with more of a reserve team approach to be honest, might give some of the talented youngsters more of a chance to shine.

Edited by S-Clarke

15 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

The trialists were dangerous up front, one scored

12 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Think one was Ethan Ross.

The other was the lad from Millwall who was on trial at Watford recently, Abdul Abdulmalik.

Cheers. Any idea which one wore number 7? Someone on the UI said he stole the show. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 'B' Team