Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

Papa Johns Trophy group stage game featuring two sides that are already knocked out has to be the lowest / most pointless 'competitive' fixture on the planet? 

Even still nice to see another good win for the lads! 

24 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks MB, I'd forgotten we were playing. No Simeu tonight though. Wander if it's injury, a rest or with the first team squad. 

9 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Saw someone say on Twitter that he was just suspended

Saint-Reece is correct. 

• Like 2

Just home now. Played well and although a dead rubber, it was a good test against a physical, but limited, Crawley side. Olaigbe and Mitchell were very quick on the break and took their chances well. The two full backs, Payne and Small were decent and Small in particular was very good going forward and took his goal well. At the back Olufunwa was solid and the keeper Bycroft made a couple of good saves. The one minor disappointment was Caleb Watts, who assist aside, got into good positions but let himself down with the final ball. Seemed to a bit at odds with himself really. Nice to see the next group down hitting a bit of form though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Saint-Reece is correct. 

15 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Saw someone say on Twitter that he was just suspended

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Saint-Reece is correct. 

Thanks 👍

Just now, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Forgot to say that, at just 16, Kamari Doyle looks a talent.

Looks like he played CM tonight. Not seen anything of the lad but he's getting a lot of football at a young age. Olaigbe and Ballard are bang in form too. 

Tonights line up :

Screenshot_2021-11-09-21-34-52-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Decent to get a clean sheet with the 4 at the back (& minus Simeu).

Yep. Olufunwa is getting a run of games. I've not seen any of the games this season, will be interesting to see how he's developing. 

13 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Just home now. Played well and although a dead rubber, it was a good test against a physical, but limited, Crawley side. Olaigbe and Mitchell were very quick on the break and took their chances well. The two full backs, Payne and Small were decent and Small in particular was very good going forward and took his goal well. At the back Olufunwa was solid and the keeper Bycroft made a couple of good saves. The one minor disappointment was Caleb Watts, who assist aside, got into good positions but let himself down with the final ball. Seemed to a bit at odds with himself really. Nice to see the next group down hitting a bit of form though.

Thanks for that. How were Chauke and Doyle? 

Just now, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Chauke was neat and tidy and kept the play moving. Doyle stood out a little more but that may have been due to some of the fancy footwork. Showed he was not afraid of a challenge either as he picked up a yellow for a robust tackle 2nd half.

Lovely, thanks. Sounds like a positive night's work, with a few lads making progress. 

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Chauke was neat and tidy and kept the play moving. Doyle stood out a little more but that may have been due to some of the fancy footwork. Showed he was not afraid of a challenge either as he picked up a yellow for a robust tackle 2nd half.

Doyle seems to have been used all over the place this season.  Very versatile.

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Did they open up the away terrace for you? 77 away fans according to this, fair play for going. 

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2021/november/report--crawley-town-0-4-southampton-u21s/

8 hours ago, JRM said:

Did they open up the away terrace for you? 77 away fans according to this, fair play for going. 

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2021/november/report--crawley-town-0-4-southampton-u21s/

Yep  fair play. Having lived in Crawley for 5 years (escaping recently) anyone who goes there voluntarily definitely deserves kudos.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JRM said:

Yes, in the away end which (for us yesterday) was a small section in one corner. I live nearer Brighton these days so only a half hour drive for us.

3 hours ago, egg said:

Thanks for that. Lots of good movement for all those goals. Hopefully we'll see one or two lads around the first team squad, if nothing else to give an incentive to keep working hard. 

Indeed. Won't be long before we see Thierry Small in the match day squad I reckon. Looks like he's getting up to full fitness now. His run from deep for goal number 4 was a gut-buster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Indeed. Won't be long before we see Thierry Small in the match day squad I reckon. Looks like he's getting up to full fitness now. His run from deep for goal number 4 was a gut-buster.

Dan Sheldon on TSP said that he spoke to people at the club re Small and if there was an FA cup match next week he’d play in it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, egg said:

Thanks for that. Lots of good movement for all those goals.

The other thing I noted was how well-weighted some of the passes were. Behind the defender but not overhit so that the covering player/keeper could collect. There seems to be a good level of skill and I can't see how someone like Dan Nduludu will ever make the grade with us compared with this cohort of players as he just doesn't have the touch.

52 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

The other thing I noted was how well-weighted some of the passes were. Behind the defender but not overhit so that the covering player/keeper could collect. There seems to be a good level of skill and I can't see how someone like Dan Nduludu will ever make the grade with us compared with this cohort of players as he just doesn't have the touch.

Agreed. The movement, choice of pass, weight and quality of pass, all looked good. N'lundulu is well behind the level of those lads for movement and touch. The turn around in that group has been phenomenal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Both have featured for the U18’s a fair bit this season… fingers-crossed neither get pinched before signing scholarships. 

Dibling already signed one. I would imagine Morgan has been offered one like my son's friend has been. We're just waiting for the club to announce the list which I guess will happen when they have all actually signed.

Edited by The Cat

23 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Dibling already signed one. I would imagine Morgan has been offered one like my son's friend has been. We're just waiting for the club to announce the list which I guess will happen when they have all actually signed.

Good!  The reason I say this is because I was once told the number of kids we were going to announce last summer and 1 of them was Max Alleyne — think it was one of those “deals agreed in principle” but not signed - then City came in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 'B' Team