Jump to content

Le Tissier Bails Out Of Twitter


Recommended Posts

The guy is a nutter and he has every right to be a nutter. But its also very easy to ignore him being a nutter and not worry too much. What a player though.

Tom Cruise is also a nutter, but i'm a sucker for a mission impossible film.

Jim Carrey strikes me as an extremely unstable individual. But i'll still watch Dumb & Dumber every time its on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has MLT "bailed out" of Twitter or has his account been taken down? Twitter like other SM platforms does ban people for some of the stuff that he has been voicing, ask David Icke, Katie Hopkins or even Trump (or at least his political campaign). If you put forward stuff that is both incorrect and dangerous you will be removed. I stopped following MLT months ago (and stopped using Twitter altogether). Too much unsubstantiated conspiracy theory nonsense spouted by right wing reactionaries. Not going to call him a crackpot, but he is "keeping company" with some that I would. Some people do lose their jobs for saying outrageous stuff on a public forum, whether Southampton or Sky see his remarks as such is up to them of course, time will tell, but they might well have found some of what he said embarrassing, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I used to think Lawrie was a legend, but when I heard  him talk about quantum physics, I quickly changed my opinion. The bloke was fucking clueless. 

Unlike LeTiss, it was still possible to work out what he was getting at though: were the black cats dead or alive or somehow both at the same time?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

34 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

His post today was dreadful woe-is-me, I'm the victim bollocks.

He's strayed into areas he really doesn't understand and got caught chatting absolute shit.

Which is okay if you're a spot-welder from Fawley, less so if you are a high profile ex-Premier League footballer and current TV broadcaster.

Even his badly written message shows he lacks the professionalism and poise required for someone in a high profile role.

Who knows, maybe he's got an exciting new life ahead of him as a poster boy for the Guido-ettes of this world. Maybe Darren Grimes might interview him.

As someone I would have previously called one of my life idols, it's a real disappointment.

And as someone that also once had Morrissey on the same list, this is not an easy time for me.

If anyone is looking up to a former football player as a role model capable of spewing pearls of articulate wisdom then Le Tissier isn't the only one being foolish. 😅

Its the same thing that applies to pop stars and actors. They earn frankly unreasonable amounts of money because they're good at their jobs, but their opinion on anything from politics, to the environment, to real life should carry no more weight (and probably less) than the average working person's. All those people live in detached bubbles, are worshipped by thousands/millions, and wouldn't have a clue about everyday issues.

In the same way that cancel culture would deny someone a voice these days based on your "lived experience", why on earth do people listen to celebs? 
 

2 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Looks like crackpot le tissier has finally realised hes humiliated himself and embarrassed our city with his conspiracy theory garbage. Many Saints fans have either stopped following him or muted the misinformation hes been forwarding about covid 19. Its been very painful for us Saints fans, who viewed him as a hero and now frankly hes become a total joke. Le Tissier is so naive and seemingly cant stop his thoughts and keep them to himself.  In the past ive stood up for Matt, when he was getting grief for his Cortese comments. But now i cant defend him in anyway as repeated requests from many fans towards him have been totally ignored. I dont know, if he will get sacked from Sky Sports, im sure they will have looked at what hes been saying and heard the complaints. 

Just wanted to add that its laughable hes playing the victim card with all the dangerous misinformation hes been forwarding to thousands of people.

 

In response to the clearly very distressed OP who is seemingly unable to handle an opinion they disagree with.... Its a fundamental tenant of democracy that people have a right to free speech. If you don't like what someone says you don't have to listen to it. If Le Tissier causes so much controversy that his employee sacks him then that is his fault and lookout - not yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericofarabia said:

Quite right Nolan.

Mrs EoA and myself have differing views on Face Mask wearing, social distancing etc but she digs deeper beyond what the main stream media feed us, and some of it is quite eye opening. Its not all Conspiracy theory garbage, there is quite a lot of that out there too, but some genuine points being raised by intelligent concerned people, being surpressed by the lokes of Google, FB and Twitter amongst others whenever they post their views.

Maybe Saints loyal would suggest that I divorce Mrs EoA , as her views don't match mine?

I did prefer Matt as Comedy Villain winding up Scousers at every opportunity over the last few years though!!

I do believe Eric that a mask is an enormous improvement on your appearance. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s worth posting Matt’s take on it. Seems perfectly acceptable to me.

 

 

83C367AB-2E1F-4278-8490-8BC347E27D69.png

D9B3B447-39E4-45F1-BC5D-DF432EBE7FE9.png

It seems that the majority are sympathetic towards him and whilst perhaps not agreeing, understand everyone is entitled to an opinion.... other than one greasy haired fool in a saints top, who’s calling him a risk to society if he doesn’t accept a vaccine.... I’d stick my house on it, that he’s fool is ‘saintsloyal’ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Micky said:

Is this bad, do I need to do anything? 

Move and get as far away from Southampton as possible. Le Tiss has embarrassed us all 😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

 

If anyone is looking up to a former football player as a role model capable of spewing pearls of articulate wisdom then Le Tissier isn't the only one being foolish. 😅

 

Fuck knows what you're dribbling about here.

Suffice to say I'd just like people I like and admire to not be massive twats.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I do believe Eric that a mask is an enormous improvement on your appearance. 

Actually it is Mrs EoA who is against masks .... safe in the knowledge that no other right minded female would make a move on me, when they can see what I look like 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

 

Well hes only supposedly the biggest thing ever to happen about our club and in what four months has gone from hero to zero and a total joke. 

What are you on....? Gods, let alone, Le God are allowed a few quirks...if you don't like, don't read? He'll always be a hero, the best player I have ever seen....it may surprise you to learn that all footballers may have opinions that don't meet your approval but your description 'hero to zero' should buy you a ticket to Fratton..with 30 odd thousand helpful boots to speed your journey...I think it rhymes with muck off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

 

Well hes only supposedly the biggest thing ever to happen about our club and in what four months has gone from hero to zero and a total joke. 

the only goddamn joke is you

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really fussed if he's spouting shite.  He is a footballer after all.  

More concerning that he feels the need to post his ill-thought out ramblings all over the internet.  And that's coming from someone who's 'been posting ill-thought out ramblings all over the internet for years.  

He might as well post on here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the issue. If you don’t like what people say on Twitter, don’t follow them on Twitter.

Following someone, then moaning about them is just fucking retarded.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t get the issue. If you don’t like what people say on Twitter, don’t follow them on Twitter.

Following someone, then moaning about them is just fucking retarded.

We've had our differences but you're absolutely spot on with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Fuck knows what you're dribbling about here.

Suffice to say I'd just like people I like and admire to not be massive twats.

Fairly obvious CB surely? You said you were disappointed your role model spouts stuff you disagree with. He was a paid footballer, not a scientist/politician/philosopher etc.. 

What Le Tissier has said in his statement isn't that unreasonable. Its been rumoured for months that the death certificates were being fiddled. Attacking the guy for flagging what NHS whilstleblowers were saying (and mainstream news outlets are reporting) is bizarre from the OP.

Edited by Saint86
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Fairly obvious CB surely? You said you were disappointed your role model spouts stuff you disagree with. He was a paid footballer, not a scientist/politician/philosopher etc.. 

What Le Tissier has said in his statement isn't that unreasonable. Its been rumoured for months that the death certificates were being fiddled. Attacking the guy for flagging what NHS whilstleblowers were saying (and mainstream news outlets are reporting) is bizarre from the OP.

The OP I suspect, wears blue underwear, and comes on here to start arguments.....and succeeds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Fairly obvious CB surely? You said you were disappointed your role model spouts stuff you disagree with. He was a paid footballer, not a scientist/politician/philosopher etc.. 

What Le Tissier has said in his statement isn't that unreasonable. Its been rumoured for months that the death certificates were being fiddled. Attacking the guy for flagging what NHS whilstleblowers were saying (and mainstream news outlets are reporting) is bizarre from the OP.

Make your mind up. 

You've been ::laughing emoji:: earlier in the thread at people paying attention to what footballers say.

Now you say that what MLT is saying is not unreasonable.

So people are fools if they disagree with what footballers say but you agree with what a footballer says and that's fine.

Absolutely crystal clear. Well done.

 

 

Edited by CB Fry
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aintforever said:

I don’t get the issue. If you don’t like what people say on Twitter, don’t follow them on Twitter.

Following someone, then moaning about them is just fucking retarded.

You could have ignored this thread completely and not commented at all.

But you didn't.

Just fucking retarded.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So MLT views are all based on the thought that a vacine will be compulsory. As if that's going to happen, MLT needs some critical thinking of his own.

Still a fuckin good footballer and a hero of mine. We are all shades of grey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

You could have ignored this thread completely and not commented at all.

But you didn't.

Just fucking retarded.

 

Not really, I had no idea what it was about.

Twitter is different, you actually have to follow people to read their tweets. If you don't like what people say, don't follow them is my advice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He obviously was a fantastic footballer, the best the club has ever had.  Plus the rare 1-club.

Equally obviously he is pretty thick and/or gullible.  Some of the bollocks he spouts is painfully embarrassing.  Sorry Matty, Covid-19 is very, very real, and its not Bill Gates/5G/Fauci/Five Bankers or whatever moronic conspiracy theory is the current flavour of the day.  Just because Boris fucks it up it doesn't mean the virus goes away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brmbrm said:

Equally obviously he is pretty thick and/or gullible.  Some of the bollocks he spouts is painfully embarrassing.  Sorry Matty, Covid-19 is very, very real, and its not Bill Gates/5G/Fauci/Five Bankers or whatever moronic conspiracy theory is the current flavour of the day.  Just because Boris fucks it up it doesn't mean the virus goes away.

Exactly right. Countries like Australia aren't suddenly closing down cities (Melbourne) for a second time because this is part of a World leaders conspiracy theory to get everybody micro-chipped or whatever it is he believes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not really, I had no idea what it was about.

Twitter is different, you actually have to follow people to read their tweets. If you don't like what people say, don't follow them is my advice.

 

I'm proud to say I've never read anything mlt has written on twitter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, brmbrm said:

He obviously was a fantastic footballer, the best the club has ever had.  Plus the rare 1-club.

Equally obviously he is pretty thick and/or gullible.  Some of the bollocks he spouts is painfully embarrassing.  Sorry Matty, Covid-19 is very, very real, and its not Bill Gates/5G/Fauci/Five Bankers or whatever moronic conspiracy theory is the current flavour of the day.  Just because Boris fucks it up it doesn't mean the virus goes away.

Reading through his tweets he has retweeted articles he has read and interested in. certainly no spouting of conspiracy theories other than his view that taking a hastily developed vaccine is a risk he wont take. 

Yes, Covid is very real but i think the point is its not a significant risk to the large % of the country. Lets not get away from the facts that less than 400 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions  have died in the UK and as such is questioning the current measures in place. He may not be showing too much empathy to the elderly / at risk but that isnt a crime or make him a crack pot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Reading through his tweets he has retweeted articles he has read and interested in. certainly no spouting of conspiracy theories other than his view that taking a hastily developed vaccine is a risk he wont take. 

Yes, Covid is very real but i think the point is its not a significant risk to the large % of the country. Lets not get away from the facts that less than 400 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions  have died in the UK and as such is questioning the current measures in place. He may not be showing too much empathy to the elderly / at risk but that isnt a crime or make him a crack pot. 

 

What about that fact he thinks its all bill gates conspiracy to make billions from a vaccine ! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Reading through his tweets he has retweeted articles he has read and interested in. certainly no spouting of conspiracy theories other than his view that taking a hastily developed vaccine is a risk he wont take. 

Yes, Covid is very real but i think the point is its not a significant risk to the large % of the country. Lets not get away from the facts that less than 400 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions  have died in the UK and as such is questioning the current measures in place. He may not be showing too much empathy to the elderly / at risk but that isnt a crime or make him a crack pot. 

Not especially bothered what MLT writes or doesn’t write on Twitter, still SFC’s greatest player. Donald Trump could have written the rest of this post.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

 

What about that fact he thinks its all bill gates conspiracy to make billions from a vaccine ! 

 

 

Who gies a sh!t about his opinion on vaccines?

He's a legend because of how well he kicked a football around a pitch, he's no less of a legend because he has different opinion to me about vaccines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Not really, I had no idea what it was about.

Twitter is different, you actually have to follow people to read their tweets. If you don't like what people say, don't follow them is my advice.

 

I'll assume you don't use Twitter because it doesn't particularly work like that.

Funnily enough I am not so shit scared I might see an opinion I don’t agree with that I'd need to unfollow people the second they say something I might not like.

Twitter is about plurality of opinion and for me following different posters is a nice way of seeing how different people see the world. I follow lots from Farage to Len McClusky and I can't abide either.

In that world, for me, MLT played no role. He's just a footballer I love. He's always come across as thick as pig shit but in a harmless footballer way. Recently he has taken it to another level. I'm not upset, at the end of the day its just someone I don't know personally proving, without doubt, that he's a dumb fuck. My comparison with Morrissey from earlier is apt.

I don't care what shit they come out with now, no one can take away goals or songs that mean a lot me. 

I still follow Morrissey's account on Twitter, too. Oh, the horror.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I'll assume you don't use Twitter because it doesn't particularly work like that.

Funnily enough I am not so shit scared I might see an opinion I don’t agree with that I'd need to unfollow people the second they say something I might not like.

Twitter is about plurality of opinion and for me following different posters is a nice way of seeing how different people see the world. I follow lots from Farage to Len McClusky and I can't abide either.

In that world, for me, MLT played no role. He's just a footballer I love. He's always come across as thick as pig shit but in a harmless footballer way. Recently he has taken it to another level. I'm not upset, at the end of the day its just someone I don't know personally proving, without doubt, that he's a dumb fuck. My comparison with Morrissey from earlier is apt.

I don't care what shit they come out with now, no one can take away goals or songs that mean a lot me. 

I still follow Morrissey's account on Twitter, too. Oh, the horror.

 

For the vast majority of people on twitter, its never been about plurality of opinion tbf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aintforever said:

Who gies a sh!t about his opinion on vaccines?

He's a legend because of how well he kicked a football around a pitch, he's no less of a legend because he has different opinion to me about vaccines.

Same with MJ. He had very different opinions on me to kiddy fiddling but I will still enjoy some of the greatest songs ever written in modern times. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Nothing wrong here.

The truth is not a conspiracy theory that bill gates wants to vaccinate the world and has deliberatley killed 500,000 

 

... 

Edited by Raging Bull
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Firstly why does anyone care? Why is it now fashionable to be really invested in what anyone decides to spout on social media? Why does mlt's views on something he has no expertise in be something that anyone would be the slightest bit interested in? Its a bizarre modern phenomenon. Secondly, anyone writing to sky to try to get him sacked is just absolute scum. Anyone who supports them is also the lowest of the low. 

It may be a bizarre modern phenomenon but it's one that sways elections, referendums and radicalises people. I'm not on twitter and don't know what MLT has said or shared on there, but while it's important that there's freedom of speech there is a dangerous president for for liable and for stating opinion as fact. Fake news has fostered some very dangerous opinions, and it only needs to be fairly small percentages of people to even subconsciously doubt actually facts and give unproven conspiracy theories the benefit of the doubt for it to have serious consequences. The more high profile people that spread potentially dangerous beliefs the more people will start to believe in them - yes those people are idiots, but there's plenty of idiots around.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

For the vast majority of people on twitter, its never been about plurality of opinion tbf. 

Yes, that may be true for some users but any platform where I can follow Julia Hartley Brewer and Guido, and Owen Jones and The Canary is pretty plural to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have absolutely no problem with him airing his views but large parts of his post are nothing more than uninformed crap. For example, he asks whether it's possible to give a positive test for the SARS-CoV-2 virus whilst having the common cold? It isn't, the PCR test looks for the specific RNA sequence found only in the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The various viruses which cause the common cold all have different and unique RNA sequences of their own meaning they can't give a positive result in this test. This link explains it all nicely (https://www.imperial.nhs.uk/about-us/coronavirus-innovations/coronavirus-testing-explained) and was found with a quick Google search, why MLT couldn't run a similar search and find the relevant info is a bit strange. The info is all out there, no excuse to be ignorant.

I also don't get his point about COVID19 now being referred to again as Coronavirus. The correct name of the virus is SARS-COV-2 with COVID19 being the disease caused as a result of infection by foresaid virus. The blanket description of the virus as 'Coronavirus' appears to be a way of simplifying things for the general public. The Coronaviruses are actually a family of viruses which include SARS-COV-2 as well as MERS-COV and SARS-COV. Again this information is all within the public domain so there's no excuse not to be properly informed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble with conspiracy theories is they are addictive, once you start believing one you end up being drawn into them all, but this is no surprise as the human brain is predisposed to believing in myths. In my experience the people that are into them are the people to avoid in the pub, I believe life is more cock up than conspiracy. An MLT would think that's because I am hiding something, it's an endless game best not played.

Edited by Fan The Flames
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OldNick said:

Will he be sacked by Sky, I hope not its not that he has been filmed spitting on a kid through a car window

It would be crazy for him to get sacked as a football pundit for having some slightly silly views on medical issues, I can't see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Yes, that may be true for some users but any platform where I can follow Julia Hartley Brewer and Guido, and Owen Jones and The Canary is pretty plural to me.

I know that the opportunity is there, its just that most studies I have seen prove that the majority keep to their own bubbles and their own safe space of opinions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with MLT is that he's gone from being predominantly an ex-footballer who expresses some political views a la Peter Reid or Gary Neville to becoming a twitter figure in his own right who happened to play football, especially as most of the world doesn't follow southampton.

Once that line is crossed on social media, you're a sitting duck and rightly or wrongly can kiss any kind of goodwill and forbearance goodbye.

 

 

Edited by shurlock
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/08/2020 at 18:13, CB Fry said:

Fuck knows what you're dribbling about here.

Suffice to say I'd just like people I like and admire to not be massive twats.

Ian Brown let me down

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped following Tiss months ago. He started getting annoying last year when he was getting into tedious arguments with Scouse chavs. My feed was just full of, "you’re sh*t and you played for a sh*t club," and a reply of, "cheers for the follow kn*bhead. 😂"

 

As dull as it was, it was at least harmless. This Covid conspiracy stuff though is a step further. On his own, one dim witted ex-footballer isn’t going to change any minds but enough people acting like that will start spreading dangerous misinformation.

 

And I’m only just getting over Rolf Harris... 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Stopped following Tiss months ago. He started getting annoying last year when he was getting into tedious arguments with Scouse chavs. My feed was just full of, "you’re sh*t and you played for a sh*t club," and a reply of, "cheers for the follow kn*bhead. 😂"

 

As dull as it was, it was at least harmless. This Covid conspiracy stuff though is a step further. On his own, one dim witted ex-footballer isn’t going to change any minds but enough people acting like that will start spreading dangerous misinformation.

 

And I’m only just getting over Rolf Harris... 😔

Are you thinking there is a conspiracy of PL/govt/bill gates/hiding the body bags since football has returned?😏 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})