• Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

17 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Was that him thumbing for a lift outside Staplewood?

Pilchards you buffoon! No wonder he was looking pissed off if you just ignored his international "give us a lift mush" signal...........I don't know 😉

He had his brown face mask on so I should of asked him to pop into my passenger seat.

3 minutes ago, LeG said:

Yes it is. The injuries that he had we signed him are seemingly not as bad as we first thought. He will need time to get up to speed though. He also came out of his quarantine a lot later than was reported. 

Cheers @LeG. Really appreciate your insights 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Just getting in early before everyone else after his first 45mins.

Some of us got in several months ago to write him off .....  I posted this video when we were first linked with him .....

The 2nd goal conceded was bad, but goals 3 & 4 are awful. Bring back Vestergaard ....  (ps only joking, I'm sure that it was just an off day !) 

https://theathletic.com/2049395/2020/09/08/explained-left-foot-centre-back-ake-laporte?source=user-shared-article

Southampton are one such club that won’t be worrying about a lack of balance at the back.

Although they’re hardly a possession-heavy team, their signing of 21-year-old Mohammed Salisu for £10.9 million from Real Valladolid could be quite the coup.

Given how much teams value “Premier League experience”, there’s a very good chance you will see Southampton’s new left-footed centre-back linked with all manner of top teams if he starts regularly for them and accrues good minutes.

That’s a sentiment shared by those within the game too, with one data scout at a European club noting, “Come the end of the season, if he’s got 2,000 minutes in the league, he’s a £20 million player minimum, likely verging on £25 million-£30 million.”

Interesting bit on Salisu and the importance of left-footed cb in the athletic 

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Someone - @LeG or maybe @Dan Sheldon - said that, given his injury (unspecified), he could be available mid-October - so probably after the next international break, if selected. Didn't see any signs of him in this week's training pics.

Pretty sure he was in the training pics.

20 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Someone - @LeG or maybe @Dan Sheldon - said that, given his injury (unspecified), he could be available mid-October - so probably after the next international break, if selected. Didn't see any signs of him in this week's training 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-09-24/training-gallery-southampton-fc-premier-league-24-september-2020

Picture 3 in there

Have to say a couple of things.

A)Is the getting up to speed fitness based or tactical, if its fitness then ok and also after last display not super urgent to rush him.

B)If its tactical what is the point of the iBook, surely he could of been reading that in his down time to get up to speed (like an american football playbook)

C)How hard is our system to understand if it takes over a month to learn it, will Diallo be playing before November ? will we start to buy players in Jan to be ready for pre-season ?

1 hour ago, Chez said:

has he been ill? I don't see any other reason why he wouldn't have got back to full fitness by now. 

He has been in training for weeks, as shown by appearing in multiple training photo galleries and videos. What takes time is getting used to a new system, it is a risk to drop a new centre back straight into a team. Less risky with wingers/strikers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He has been in training for weeks, as shown by appearing in multiple training photo galleries and videos. What takes time is getting used to a new system, it is a risk to drop a new centre back straight into a team. Less risky with wingers/strikers.

Ruben Dias didn't do to badly yesterday. And Gabriel Magalhaes has settled straight in.

Llorente (Leeds new CB) straight onto the bench. 

We've obviously signed Salisu with an injury, which kind of explains LeGod's comments a few weeks back. (We may be forced back into the market for another etc)

Why our club is so secretive though is beyond me, absolutely does my head in.

• Like 1

I said when we got him that it would be mid October probably after the break. He's had some injury issues which is why we got him for the price we did but it isn't as bad as was initially feared. It takes a while to get up to speed with things. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I said when we got him that it would be mid October probably after the break. He's had some injury issues which is why we got him for the price we did but it isn't as bad as was initially feared. It takes a while to get up to speed with things. 

I thought we got him for the price we did as that was his release clause.

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He wasn’t  picked for the internationals as was told that he wouldn’t be ready until the timescales you mention. I’m more than happy to give him the time esp as he is not the most experienced of CB’s.

35 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

he's been training for weeks? I didn't know that. How long does it take a CB to learn the `system'? 

18 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

TBF you may be right. The fact he came to us though and not a higher profile club is due to the aforementioned issues. 

or that higher profile clubs didn't rate him as much as we do.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Seemingly Quite a while as none of our current ones have worked it out yet.

Very good.

VVD played 11 days after we signed him. Was he just a quick learner?

Good players are selected whether they have the intricacies of a system down or not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu

Bizarre that not in the bench at least today. Something not right - Forren Mk2? But has faced Messi, Dracula, Hazard and co last season. This is getting like Clyne not playing for Liverpool which was also mysterious. Media - do your job and start asking SFC some searching and persistent Qs. With a poverty owner, spending £11m on someone who can’t get past Bednarek today wasn’t a good use of funds at all.

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Ralph said yesterday that he's 1-2 weeks away from playing. 

Ralph also said a while back that Salisu would be available after the first international break (ok, so that could have meant weeks/months after said break, but the implication was that he would be in contention by now)

Edited by trousers

3 hours ago, LeG said:

Calm down everyone. Its best to not speculate. Close the thread and move on. He will be back soon enough. A tough time to be Salisu. 

Why is it "best not to speculate"? Such a comment only leads to... erm... Speculation 

And why is it a "tough time" for him? Again, all you're doing is fueling the speculation rather than quelling it...

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco