• Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Must be a very bad injury. All very odd.

Ralph wasn’t necessarily talking about Salisu in particular, but when pushed on what type of injuries were in the “muscular” bracket that we’ve spoken about — Ralph said: “hamstrings and calf” 

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I genuinely think he's another Forren, albeit a much more expensive one. We'd have seen him by now if this was a normal situation, but something is awry in a big way.

Yes, it does seem we may have misjudged his quality level rather badly.

If he's blaming the weather for poor performance/struggling then that doesn't bode well!

4 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I genuinely think he's another Forren, albeit a much more expensive one. We'd have seen him by now if this was a normal situation, but something is awry in a big way.

My gut feeling is that you’re wrong, but I believe each personal case is different I’d expect he’ll be first choice when we flog Vestergaard this summer for £25m, 

No way where we can continue with stephens at the back, 

Edited by Saint Garrett

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

My gut feeling is that you’re wrong, but I believe each personal case is different I’d expect he’ll be first choice when we flog Vestergaard this summer for £25m, 

My hope that Salisu isn't another Forren is based on reported good performances in La Liga against quality attacking players.   Surely he would have been found out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

That would be the same Jack Stephens that was part of 3 consecutive clean sheets, including against Liverpool?  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, washsaint said:

That would be the same Jack Stephens that was part of 3 consecutive clean sheets, including against Liverpool?  

No, it's Jack Stephens the scapegoat, who gets slaughtered before kick off for simply being on the team sheet.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

No, it's Jack Stephens the scapegoat, who gets slaughtered before kick off for simply being on the team sheet.

But we’ve seen it before many times with Jack. He comes into the team and is great for 2-3 games then he slips back into switching off, Making sloppy errors. I’m not blaming him for last night, we did as Well as we could In the circumstances but he did lose Maddison, however it was also good play and a good finish, albeit after a refereeing error. Unfortunately this is how it’s been through his career here. That’s not making him a scapegoat, it’s the facts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, washsaint said:

That means nothing. He makes mistakes and sometimes gets away with them. Last night he made two short passes straight to a Leicester player. The first led to a good chance for them and a good save from McCarthy, the second led straight to their goal. There’s something wrong with his visual appreciation of the situation. He just doesn’t see the opposition player. It’s not as though they were miskicks or underhit.

The way that Maddison swept past him was not what you expect of a Premier League defender.

Bednarek made two absolute clangers last night, and luckily for him Leicester wasted the chances. Then i’m seeing people saying he was absolutely superb last night. Both players made two mistakes, one of them had his punished both times and one didn’t. They’re the first goals he’s conceded in 4 games..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Bednarek made two absolute clangers last night, and luckily for him Leicester wasted the chances. Then i’m seeing people saying he was absolutely superb last night. Both players made two mistakes, one of them had his punished both times and one didn’t. They’re the first goals he’s conceded in 4 games..

Bednarek also cleared a certain goal yesterday and made some vital blocks, swings and roundabouts 

19 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That means nothing. He makes mistakes and sometimes gets away with them. Last night he made two short passes straight to a Leicester player. The first led to a good chance for them and a good save from McCarthy, the second led straight to their goal. There’s something wrong with his visual appreciation of the situation. He just doesn’t see the opposition player. It’s not as though they were miskicks or underhit.

The way that Maddison swept past him was not what you expect of a Premier League defender.

TBF the little rat has the ability to sweep past a lot of big defenders on a sodden pitch.

15 hours ago, saintwbu said:

That was my perception too. Thought Bednarek was lucky we didn't concede from those chances. 

16 hours ago, LeG said:

Not the case. Also...All this weather stuff is absolute bollocks. He just mentioned it like most players do when they arrive in England. Salisu arrived in extremely poor condition, with two muscular injuries. Hopefully his injury isnt one of thkse flaring up. He's obviously been dealing with something else, which will remain private. This guy is the future of our club. 

You appear to be a bit of a club mouthpiece.

evidence so far suggests that Salisu is another Forren (as someone else suggests). 

I cannot believe that we would have signed a player, in a position we were desperate for in the summer, with an injury that is so debilitating, the player can’t play a single game for 6 months. 

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You appear to be a bit of a club mouthpiece.

evidence so far suggests that Salisu is another Forren (as someone else suggests). 

I cannot believe that we would have signed a player, in a position we were desperate for in the summer, with an injury that is so debilitating, the player can’t play a single game for 6 months. 

It's been obvious that there is more going on than injury, and LeG has confirmed that. The something is sensitive and of a personal nature but if we signed him aware of that issue, and that he would be unavailable for ages, then the club deserve criticism. However, if its something that's arisen since, then it's just one of those things and the club need to give him as long as he needs.

The thing for me is that we've never had him available so don't actually miss him. Our problem isn't defensive, it's creating and score goals. 

The Forren comparison is lazy. Forren was never up to it so was shipped out. Salisu is clearly good enough but is unavailable because of health/injury. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LeG said:

Not the case. Also...All this weather stuff is absolute bollocks. He just mentioned it like most players do when they arrive in England. Salisu arrived in extremely poor condition, with two muscular injuries. Hopefully his injury isnt one of thkse flaring up. He's obviously been dealing with something else, which will remain private. This guy is the future of our club

That is an incredible message to hear (presumably from someone in the club). I really hope the guy fulfils his potential.

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Are they going to ever tell us WTF is wrong with him? 

Ralph reiterated it was a "muscle injury" in today's press conference. He said that the lack of access to certain recovery / treatment facilities due to lockdown is elongating injury recovery times (not just for Salisu). One would have thought injury treatment/recovery was an essential activity, but it would appear not...

Edited by trousers

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

We aren’t going to see him this season are we?

Not the end of the world, assuming everything is ok, and he'll be ready to hit the ground running next season.  Seems to be quite a few noises recently that "he's one for the future" but I guess that with his transfer fee, and in a position of need, he would come in and hit the ground running this season.

The whole thing is all very odd though.  We can "cope" with Stephens and Bednarek, but if one of those gets injured it gets rather desperate with Vest still out.

I have high hopes for Salisu

7 hours ago, benjii said:

People slag off Carillo, but he did get an assist at WBA. 

That’s what £20m and £80k a week gets you. Remember all the back slapping about how hard we had to work to get the difficult deal done?!

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Are they going to ever tell us WTF is wrong with him? 

Baffled, bizarre situation.

I'm baffled by this reaction. We've been told by an ITK that there is something pretty serious in his life which means he came to the club seriously unfit and which appears to be causing ongoing problems. We're not going to be told what the issue is, we can only assume it is ongoing, so just be patient and move on!

47 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I'm baffled by this reaction. We've been told by an ITK that there is something pretty serious in his life which means he came to the club seriously unfit and which appears to be causing ongoing problems. We're not going to be told what the issue is, we can only assume it is ongoing, so just be patient and move on!

Then to be blunt and to the point why hell did we buy him? Did the club not do its due diligence or did he bullshit us about his fitness and / or mental health?

I'm prepared to place a bet on him being sold on in the summer, a "mutual consent" situation, but I've not yet found where I can place it as I suppose it's too random.

4 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Then to be blunt and to the point why hell did we buy him? Did the club not do its due diligence or did he bullshit us about his fitness and / or mental health?

I'm prepared to place a bet on him being sold on in the summer, a "mutual consent" situation, but I've not yet found where I can place it as I suppose it's too random.

As I understand it, the reason we got him is that he has this issue and that put off bigger clubs. We took a punt that we could sort it because the reward would be a top quality player. If it doesn't work out then those are the breaks, £10m isn't the biggest fee in the world

We forked over £11m to buy him.

He'll earn £2.5m this year without playing a single minute. He's been fit enough to be named on the bench multiple times yet they didn't even give him a run in the reserves to gain match fitness. What is that about?

"The problem was that while he was fit he was sitting on the bench and then for the next sessions [he wasn't fit]," Hasenhuttl explained

He won't be "the future of the club" if he goes 12 months without playing a game in his prime development years. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shance said:

I've honestly never seen anything like this before. 

Charlie George? Danny Ings? Sometimes a punt pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. If he turns out to be a dud so be it, but we really don’t know how it is going to go at the moment so why assume the worst?

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

This is a little worrying

'unable to rectify the problem' appears to be a somewhat contorted interpretation of what Ralph said at yesterday's press conference. He said that Salisu's (and others) injury situation has been hampered by being denied access to the injury recovery facilities at Staplewood. So, a player such as Salisu seems to find himself in a vicious circle whereby his lack of game time means he's unable to build up the appropriate muscle strength which results in recurring muscle strains which the club are unable to treat effectively due to the covid restrictions.

So, that said, I guess 'unable to rectify the problem' could be considered a valid interpretation of where Salisu is at the moment but one would hope that the situation will be rectifiable once the prohibitive covid restrictions have been lifted.

Yours thinking-out-loudly

Edited by trousers
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, trousers said:

'unable to rectify the problem' appears to be a somewhat contorted interpretation of what Ralph said at yesterday's press conference. He said that Salisu's (and others) injury situation has been hampered by being denied access to the injury recovery facilities at Staplewood. So, a player such as Salisu seems to find himself in a vicious circle whereby his lack of game time means he's unable to build up the appropriate muscle strength which results in recurring muscle strains which the club are unable to treat effectively due to the covid restrictions.

So, that said, I guess 'unable to rectify the problem' could be considered a valid interpretation of where Salisu is at the moment but one would hope that the situation will be rectifiable once the prohibitive covid restrictions have been lifted.

Yours thinking-out-loudly

That's my take on it. Ralph said yesterday that we're denied access to some facilities that help with addressing injuries. "Unable to rectify the problem" is a dramatic way of saying the same thing. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco