• Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

13 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Says Armstrong is out in the above salisu debut report from Hampshire live 🙄

That's what Ralph said in the Presser, but later pictures from training (for Thursday) clearly showed Stuey which gave rise to the idea that he might be available after all. Mind you the pictures also showed Minamino despite him being cup-tied.

20 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

I went for a swashbuckling debut, with plenty of drama:image.png.e3d895ee789c61ead5f8a06426257ecc.png

Replace "clean sheet" and "scores the winner", with two own goals and "match abandoned" (specifically not due to a meteorite hitting Shropshire which Wolverhampton isn't in...) 🙈

Reckon that's about right and should make for an entertaining debut - Saints to win 4-3 by arbitration 👌

Edited by Saint86

8 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Replace "clean sheet" and "scores the winner", with two own goals and "match abandoned" (specifically not due to a meteorite hitting Shropshire which Wolverhampton isn't in...) 🙈

Reckon that's about right and should make for an entertaining debut - Saints to win 4-3 👌

Salisu to have screamer of a debut scoring a towering header and commanding the back four..a last gasp goal line clearance winning him motm head and shoulders best defender on the field 🙏🏻Only to have 🇬🇭 Ghana national team on the phone the very next day demanding he flies there to feature for them in the African nations ! And losing him till April 🙄would be fitting of luck at the moment 

• Haha 3

He must have been decent enough during his time in Spain to have a top moments video posted by La Liga last month. 

Looking forward to finally seeing him play (assuming he actually is starting tonight). Easy to focus on his mysterious absence from the team for half a season, but there was a reason why his signing was met with so much excitement. 

Here’s hoping he can stay fit going forward and start to show why he’s seen as our future.

• Like 2

What I liked was his calmness on the ball. Never just launched it forward, played some nice weighted passes. He's strong, pretty quick and tackles well. Wasn't the hardest debut but I liked what I saw. 

We also have to remember he's still really young, especially for a CB. He will make mistakes, like the ball that went through his legs, but overall he looked very decent.

• Like 1

A couple of iffy moments but nothing you wouldn't expect from a player playing his first game in c.9 months. 

He's definitely got something about him. Excellent pace and covering tackles. 

Would like to see him partnering with Vestergaard. 

Shame that his game time might be limited once Bednarek and Vestergaard rekindle their excellent partnership though. 

In addition to some good defensive work, he looked composed passing the ball out.

Bednarek always takes an absolute age picking his pass (as does Stephens quite often) which definitely contributes to our slow and toothless build up. On that showing, Salisu and Vest are the better pairing for playing out from the back.

Decent debut on the whole. Good pace, positioning and mostly good on the ball. Few sloppy moments which is probably a combo of nerves / rustiness and tiredness towards the end. 

I liked what I saw. Hopefully he'll get a huge confidence boost from that and kick on. 

• Like 2

I thought as a defender he looked solid. A few touch and go moments on the ball, but that’ll come with match fitness and confidence. 

Huge improvement on Stephens. Was refreshing to see someone actually Mark and win a header after the past month. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Not going to read too much into his performance, he was against a Wolves team who offered nothing - although he did stand up on the few occasions he was needed.

Was it just me or was Steve Mcwankerman hoping he'd make an error? 

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that, McManaman seemed to have some weird agenda where he seemed desperate to downplay his performance. 

Aside from those couple of slips I really liked what I saw. Pace, power and composure. Think we've got a player there.

• Like 1

Salisu for me looked like he could become a rock of our defence over the next 12 months.

He has pace, I like the zip on his passes as well he really moved the ball and he made some good stops and a couple of errors but that was to be expected.

Not sure how big veestie would feel as a right CB but I'd like to see them play.

• Like 1

I like the cut of his jib. Bit of a powerhouse but there is finesse there as well. I can see why he is highly thought of.

Shout out to Mcmananam. After Salisu's first mistake midway through the first half he yelled out 'Salisu has to wake up here' and 'Salisu has to sharpen up'. Fair play to Steve. You have to try to be that bad at punditry. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco