3 hours ago, LeG said:

Calm down everyone. Its best to not speculate. Close the thread and move on. He will be back soon enough. A tough time to be Salisu. 

Why is it "best not to speculate"? Such a comment only leads to... erm... Speculation 

And why is it a "tough time" for him? Again, all you're doing is fueling the speculation rather than quelling it...

5 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Very curious to see if he'll play in next week's U23 game. Surely he should be getting those sort of games under his belt.

Not the worst shout considering they are supposed to mirror our tactics etc.

Will surely need to play minutes.  

(Valery / Vokins / Smallbone should play to get some minutes tomorrow) 

I remember seeing something that Ralph asked about Walcott before giving his approval to his coming, and it was is he intelligent enough to adapt to a new system. Perhaps that question was prompted by Salisu having difficulties adapting to Ralph’s instructions...

Just now, SW5 SAINT said:

I remember seeing something that Ralph asked about Walcott before giving his approval to his coming, and it was is he intelligent enough to adapt to a new system. Perhaps that question was prompted by Salisu having difficulties adapting to Ralph’s instructions...

Ralph was bigging up Salisu as recently as Thursday saying we will see him soon.

He has been in the training pics for a good while now.

When we signed him he had missed the last few games of Valladolid's season with injury.

I imagine that as he is a young player, with limited experience, and adapting to a new culture and style of football - they are being careful to introduce him at the right time.

Would think our exit in the League Cup hasnt helped him.

10 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I don't think our system is too complicated/different for the centre backs compared to the pressing game the front players have to do as a unit. 

• Like 1

Ralphs said for 1 or 2 months now that Salisu will be in contention after the international break, so next week or the following week he’ll be fully fit.. no point chucking him in when he’s not ready.
He was injured when we signed him

I don't think there is anything to worry about. 

He'll be in the squad when he's ready, whether it's personal matter or an injury.  Appreciate it's a bit odd that there wasn't much marketing material when he signed though.

Sure if we were still in the league cup he would have played by now.

Maybe he'll get a game on Sunday replacing Bednarek who was shocking on Saturday.

Just now, the saint in winchester said:

Now being reported that he is available for this weekend and will be in the squad. However, until I see his name in the team or bench line up, I still see it as "being reported."

Saints are interviewing our summer recruits for the programme this weekend.

Theo and Diallo. Not Salisu.

You can't even throw the 'he doesn't speak English' at Salisu, as he speaks better English than most of the squad. Something doesn't feel right, it's all very cloak and dagger.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

You can't even throw the 'he doesn't speak English' at Salisu, as he speaks better English than most of the squad. Something doesn't feel right, it's all very cloak and dagger.

Indeed. Why on Earth would you have a 'new signings' feature in your match day magazine that doesn't include one of the new signings? Whatever the actual situation, the way this signing has played out is bizarre.

Edited by trousers
2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed. Why on Earth would you have a 'new signings' feature in your match day magazine that doesn't include one of the new signings? Whatever the actual situation, the way this signing has played out is bizarre.

Probably find out he has a weird anti-media clause in the contract. Doesn't want to do interviews or photo shoots etc 😄🤭

Weirdly it's not like we've needed Salisu or Diallo to step in straight away, unlike Walker-Peters and Walcott, both whom we needed to play straight away following their signings. Vestergaard has done OK this season since Stephens was dropped alongside Bednarek (who had a pretty rare poor game last weekend) and Romeu has stepped up and formed a decent partnership with JWP in midfield. As long as the CBs and the DMs play OK, we've been lucky not to have to force and unfit/unready Salisu into the side before he's ready.

It would be nice to see Salisu on the bench though, at least then we know he's getting close.

51 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Probably find out he has a weird anti-media clause in the contract. Doesn't want to do interviews or photo shoots etc 😄🤭

I've heard he's a lifelong Skate and has tattoos of all their club legends: Vince Hillaire, Whittingham, Awford and a whole back piece of Linvoy Primus. Understandably the club are trying to keep this under wraps until he's a star performer... 

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I don’t know what the reason could even be?!

3 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

Now being reported that he is available for this weekend and will be in the squad. However, until I see his name in the team or bench line up, I still see it as "being reported."

As of Oct 02, RH: "He's more and more part of our first-team training, but it takes time. He is coming back, but we'll give him all the time he needs."  Haven't heard anything else since.