Other Games - 2020/2021

jamesfp1

4 minutes ago, washsaint said:

I think Brentford will do well next season.  Well coached and well run I think they will surprise some next year.  Certainly I think they will do better than Saints

They will do a sheff Utd .. fantastic 1st season then will struggle the following 

16 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Just glad there’s someone different thrown into the normal Norwich/Watford/Fulham/West Brom merry-go-round. 

Shame it's someone that wears red and white stripes though!

I said before the game Chelsea would be too much defensively for City and I wish I'd put my money where my mouth was! City need work, especially in attack, although they were unfortunate that De Bruyne went off in tears. Chelsea were well organised and difficult to break down - I bet their fans would have taken losing the FA Cup if it meant winning tonight.

Reece James, Ander Christensen and Kante were outstanding. I'm glad I didn't take sides in this game, it was much easier to watch, but the right team won.

18 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Would you swap Adams for Werner ? Ha Ha !

That’s what I was thinking, was going to make a sarcastic comment on the Che thread. Had 4 or 5 chances. If that was Che we’d never hear the last of it.

Interesting thing for me was, how shite was Lampard with the same players? Food for thought for some on here that think no manager could do better with the players we have over Ralph.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red said:

Interesting thing for me was, how shite was Lampard with the same players? Food for thought for some on here that think no manager could do better with the players we have over Ralph.

Except it's not Ralph, it's four consecutive managers and our players genuinely are very limited.

3 hours ago, Red said:

But compare the cost and ability of Chelsea players to ours.

Pep fucked that. He's been obsessed all season with playing without strikers, but imagine going into the biggest match in your club's history and deciding out of nowhere to play a one-man midfield.

Not just any man - their leading scorer. A tactical masterstroke that both yielded the midfield to the opposition but also neutered his chief goal threat as instead of making late runs into the opposition box, he spent the whole game running back towards his own goal.

Meanwhile star player De Bruyne was consistently 50 yards away from where the ball was at, twiddling his thumbs waiting for a quality pass that would never come from a one-man midfield that couldn't outmanoeuvre Chelsea's press.

It's hard to think how the manager could've set City up worse. Tuchel must've been laughing his ass off - they nullified themselves without him having to do anything special. They just lined up how they usually do.

I'm sure the England manager will be chuffed that his two likely starting wide attackers, Rashford and Sterling, threw in 3/10 performances this week in major finals. I wonder if he has the balls to cut Sterling from the final 26 entirely. He's been appalling for six months. Which makes it even more baffling that Pep decided to sacrifice his dominant midfield to accommodate him for a final.

Still only won the Champions League twice - both times when the only tactic required was get the ball to peak Messi - in spite of the massive resources available to him at three clubs. What a genius.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

Pep fucked that. He's been obsessed all season with playing without strikers, but imagine going into the biggest match in your club's history and deciding out of nowhere to play a one-man midfield.

Not just any man - their leading scorer. A tactical masterstroke that both yielded the midfield to the opposition but also neutered his chief goal threat as instead of making late runs into the opposition box, he spent the whole game running back towards his own goal.

Meanwhile star player De Bruyne was consistently 50 yards away from where the ball was at, twiddling his thumbs waiting for a quality pass that would never come from a one-man midfield that couldn't outmanoeuvre Chelsea's press.

It's hard to think how the manager could've set City up worse. Tuchel must've been laughing his ass off - they nullified themselves without him having to do anything special. They just lined up how they usually do.

I'm sure the England manager will be chuffed that his two likely starting wide attackers, Rashford and Sterling, threw in 3/10 performances this week in major finals. I wonder if he has the balls to cut Sterling from the final 26 entirely. He's been appalling for six months. Which makes it even more baffling that Pep decided to sacrifice his dominant midfield to accommodate him for a final.

Still only won the Champions League twice - both times when the only tactic required was get the ball to peak Messi - in spite of the massive resources available to him at three clubs. What a genius.

Neither Rashford nor sterling would get in my England team. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nta786 said:

I’ve seen a lot of “Pep Out” on Twitter from City fans.

How fickle are fans!

Anyways, looks like it’s time to close this thread- goodbye season 2020/21 you won’t be missed 

You can find anything on Twitter. If I were a city fan I would be pissed off with him for playing first time with no striker and no holding midfielder. He can’t help overthinking but city fans know they have the best manager in the world. 

10 hours ago, Toussaint said:

That’s what I was thinking, was going to make a sarcastic comment on the Che thread. Had 4 or 5 chances. If that was Che we’d never hear the last of it.

Tuchel has some work to do on Werner. I think he's scored 6 goals this season which is way off the mark for a top club striker. He needs to up his awareness too. Goodness knows how many times he's offside. I am pleased that Che has been named in the Scotland side for the Euros. Great experience for him which may bode well for us next season. 🤞

24 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Neither Rashford nor sterling would get in my England team. 

Nope. Foden, Mount, Grealish, Sancho are way ahead for me. Possibly even Lingard.

If he wasn't on the brink of burning out after carrying Arsenal all season, I'd have Saka in the mix too.

26 minutes ago, whelk said:

Showed how’s it done, PL should be embarrassed the best we have is Mason , Riley , Atwell and Friend

To be fair, Lahoz is the Spanish Mike Dean domestically - a drama queen who makes everything about himself - and is rated about as highly over there as the Dean Machine is over here. Loves to give straight reds for back chat.

I think everyone was a bit surprised at how well he reffed the game.

I particularly liked how clearly and decisively he dismissed the City handball claim in a manner that anyone watching could understand: "Body onto arm: no handball. Now shut the fuck up and get on with it."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Totally agree, his team selection was bizarre to say the least. Sometimes you can be just a bit too clever and I think Pep suffers from that at times.

37 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Totally agree, his team selection was bizarre to say the least. Sometimes you can be just a bit too clever and I think Pep suffers from that at times.

So is Ralph 

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Sterling has to be the most overrated player of the current era, he isn’t that much better than Redmond 

This is nonsense. If you just take goalscoring... Sterling scored 65 Premier League goals vs Redmond's 13 goals over the last 4 seasons.

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Pish posh

It's not to be fair. Redmond and Sterling exist in entirely different footballing universes.

Sterling carried the City goal scoring whilst Aguero was injured over previous season, albeit he has slowed down a bit this year. He's a top level player and Redmond isn't fit to lace his boots.

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

To be fair, Lahoz is the Spanish Mike Dean domestically - a drama queen who makes everything about himself - and is rated about as highly over there as the Dean Machine is over here. Loves to give straight reds for back chat.

I particularly liked how clearly and decisively he dismissed the City handball claim in a manner that anyone watching could understand: "Body onto arm: no handball. Now shut the fuck up and get on with it."

I like him even more :)

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

I thought he was excellent, as was the guy in the Europa league final. The “handball” was handled expertly, didn’t hide behind any var review, just clearly showed why he didn’t give it and who was in control (him not the VAR). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

It's not to be fair. Redmond and Sterling exist in entirely different footballing universes.

Sterling carried the City goal scoring whilst Aguero was injured over previous season, albeit he has slowed down a bit this year. He's a top level player and Redmond isn't fit to lace his boots.

My initial comment was using hyperbole to emphasise my point that he in my opinion is overrated. I know he is a different level to Redmond, I just couldn’t  be bothered to argue about  on this beautiful day.

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

From what I saw last night it seemed that Sterling was a "billionaire's version" of Redmond, threatened the opposition on reputation alone and seemed to run into blind alleys before delivering.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1