Saints vs WBA — Build-up

SuperSAINT

WBA can score, they have very good attacking players. Their issues are on defence, and specifically the back 4. Also they only have 1 pt, but they have played Everton (who is in form), Chelsea, and Leicester. Leicester was 0-0 at the half (a 0-2 loss), Everton was I think tied at the half but then they lost a player to a red card, and Chelsea of course was a draw. They are better than people think, and will not be a push over. By the way I didn't see Austin even on the bench today, I don't think he even makes the team for matches anymore.

5 hours ago, Vancouver Saint said:

Will be interesting to see if Ralph releases the hounds to go for the win, or plays that dour rubbish we saw today...

I will be perfectly happy with dour rubbish and a 1-0 win rather than exciting high press 3-4 defeat . Lets get the momentum going and get some points on the board and then worry about style.

• Like 4

We will win, Ralph will say that the performance shows how good our squad if and he’s happy with it despite us only bringing in a last minute loan signing from a club we’ve never heard of. Everyone will applaud and say how great it is we give youth a chance, that we can’t afford anyone anyway and the January transfer window is only 3 months away, let’s assess what we need then.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Vancouver Saint said:

Not particularly relevant to this thread but just gotta point out - Man City and Man Utd 13th and 14th - gotta love it!

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

Yes, after both having played 2 (TWO) games. If it's the same picture in May (it won't be) then it will become amusing.

If Man City and Man Utd have still played only 2 games in May then something has gone disastrously wrong with the season! 😉

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Turkish said:

We will win, Ralph will say that the performance shows how good our squad if and he’s happy with it despite us only bringing in a last minute loan signing from a club we’ve never heard of. Everyone will applaud and say how great it is we give youth a chance, that we can’t afford anyone anyway and the January transfer window is only 3 months away, let’s assess what we need then.

Sounds as if you have been a Saints supporter for quite a while.🙄

• Haha 1

Pereira is their main threat.  If we can keep him quiet then we should have a decent chance of winning as defensively they look poor, yeh they scored 3 goals against Chelsea but all of them were errors and they basically scored with every shot they had. 

On 27/09/2020 at 22:50, SuperSAINT said:

I fear the high line will return.....

The "high line" wasn't really the problem, it was the fact we stopped pressing in midfield, and let them pick their passes. Also Stephens and KWP being the wrong side or not reacting quickly enough.

Carragher did some analysis on it on Sky and he was spot on.

5 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Pereira is their main threat.  If we can keep him quiet then we should have a decent chance of winning as defensively they look poor, yeh they scored 3 goals against Chelsea but all of them were errors and they basically scored with every shot they had. 

Let’s hope FF isn’t in goal then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To get the win over Burnley was massive however they come. This is another huge game, we have to beat teams at home that you would expect to be in the bottom half. I would expect we need 6 points in October from the the 4 fixtures especially playing West Brom, Chelsea, Everton and Villa that would set us up nicely going into a difficult November although we should pick up some points in December too. 

14 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Any ideas who the coach is in picture two? (Not talking about Dave Watson)

Carl Martin, I think. 

From the B team article on the OS:

Additionally, to promote further integration throughout the age groups, Under-18s coach Carl Martin has moved into the first-team coaching staff on a 12-month sabbatical, allowing him to spend a full season with Hasenhüttl and his staff before then taking the methods and approaches he learns back into the Academy.

15 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Carl Martin, I think. 

Additionally, to promote further integration throughout the age groups, Under-18s coach Carl Martin has moved into the first-team coaching staff on a 12-month sabbatical, allowing him to spend a full season with Hasenhüttl and his staff before then taking the methods and approaches he learns back into the Academy.

Thanks mate 👍

38 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Carl Martin, I think. 

All part of the master plan (can’t remember what it’s actually called) and a good part imho

WBA concede goals but they also score a fair few too and attack with no fear, nervous about this one, anything less than a point will be a bad result, we should be taking points off these teams bit how many times have we said that? Like others have pointed out we are really a one man team in terms of goals, you keep inggs quiet and that's 95% of our attacking threat gone. 

1 hour ago, Wimborne_saint said:

By the sound of this quote from Ralph, Vestergaard in line to start again tomorrow: 

"Jannik’s had some difficult times here, not always supported like is good for a player, but I think he was the best man on the pitch last weekend. Hopefully he can step up this weekend."

Yes. Ralph likes Vestergaard. Only other choice is Redmond or Djenepo to start.