Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail

TWar

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo - Signs: NOW It’s official
Just now, The Cat said:

We signed him from Brest

He's better than all the rest

Ibrahim Diallo

He's better than you'll ever know

The best but about this is that after the first line it gives a load of fans the chance to just shout "BREST" and then spend the next 5 minutes laughing.

47 minutes ago, trousers said:

Do we know why Salisu continues to be kept out of the public eye (aside from a couple of snatched pics in training a few weeks ago) whilst Diallo is being given the full works photo shoots?

I'll be honest, the whole Salisu situation has been very, very peculiar I'll be honest. I'm sure he's our player, but the lack of media presence over him was weird.

Right, having revisited the kit thread, (re)looked at the official website,  and considered the photos of our new signing it would seem that replica kit with the Sportsbet sponsor logo and UA manufacturer logo does not exist, replica kit with the redundant LD sponsor logo and UA manufacturer logo does exist but regardless we will be playing in actual kit with Sportsbet sponsor logo and UA manufacturer logo. Perhaps my original question should have been why has the UA manufacturer logo been dropped from the replica kit with the Sportsbet sponsor logo? 
Anyway let’s hope this Diallo fellah is good whatever kit he turns out in.

24 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Ah must be my imagination then that I read we have dropped them and pre-order kits on the official website have no UA (or any) logo.

No it’s just the replica shirts that will be supplied by a 3rd party for this season. UA are still our kit manufacturer.

3 hours ago, Saint86 said:

I particulary like how MLG totally missed this 🤣

Let’s face it, he’s probably never seen a pair of tits in his life.

Picture the scene. “Ohh MLG you sexy beast, put a baby inside of me!”

”No!”

1) The act of conception occurs between gametes, male and female, I would be providing sperm, not a baby.

2) A baby is not considered a baby until it’s born, what you’d end up with is a zygote that mitotically divides to produce an embryo and after that it becomes a foetus.

3) The verb put, doesn’t really work in this situation since the sperm have to make their way from the vagina to the Fallopian tubes. Deposit would be more apt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Is he related to Habib Diallo - also a Brest man - allegedly interesting Sheffield United (though apparently already a Wednesday player according to some twat on Wiki)?

His brother plays for PSG as a centre back....could be a good link to get him in as well! ;)

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Is he related to Habib Diallo - also a Brest man - allegedly interesting Sheffield United (though apparently already a Wednesday player according to some twat on Wiki)?

There are so many Diallos in football nowadays that it can get confusing. But, this one is the younger brother of Abdou Diallo, a central defender at PSG. There is probably an agent somewhere who tells young players, call yourself Diallo and I'll be able to find you a club. Incidentally, Habib Diallo means Dear Bold or to be less prosaic, Darling Dashing.

36 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Versus Hojberg

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 15.25.16.png

It looks like he is a much more defensive player than Hojbjerg,  rarely ventures over the halfway line or even passes the ball over it.  No wonder he has never scored a goal in his career. But, he is a good tackler and perhaps that's what we need. If he were another Wanyama, it would be great.

23 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

It looks like he is a much more defensive player than Hojbjerg,  rarely ventures over the halfway line or even passes the ball over it.  No wonder he has never scored a goal in his career. But, he is a good tackler and perhaps that's what we need. If he were another Wanyama, it would be great.

Agreed, should allow JWP to get forward a bit more too - always felt Hoj was a bit too similar, they both liked going for a wander when we really need one to stay back (unless they're going to score a screamer - Romeu!).

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm a Brest team fan, just wanted to share a few words about your new crack, Ibra! (that's the way everybody called him here).

He played two years ago in the second French division, in the first one last year, and he is going now to discover the best championship in the world. He was certainly the best defensive midfielder we've had in the 2000's, and still 21... So a bit sad to let him go, but also proud for him, and happy with the money (The biggest sale of the history here). 

With your team, Ibra is going to improve again, he is clever with his choice of career, an ambitious player. 

I look forward to seing him playing in UK, and pretty sure you won't be disappointed about him. If you were looking for a great defender, Ibra is the man. He must improved on his raises, sometimes loosing dangerous balls (a bit like Verratti with PSG), but the way he can feel the game is very special and very nice to watch. 

Here in Brest, we are going to follow and support him with the Saints, and we won't forget how he could be a great player in Brittany. 

Good luck with your season, and maybe see you next year in Europa League 😁

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi all,

I'm a Brest team fan, just wanted to share a few words about your new crack, Ibra! (that's the way everybody called him here).

He played two years ago in the second French division, in the first one last year, and he is going now to discover the best championship in the world. He was certainly the best defensive midfielder we've had in the 2000's, and still 21... So a bit sad to let him go, but also proud for him, and happy with the money (The biggest sale of the history here). 

With your team, Ibra is going to improve again, he is clever with his choice of career, an ambitious player. 

I look forward to seing him playing in UK, and pretty sure you won't be disappointed about him. If you were looking for a great defender, Ibra is the man. He must improved on his raises, sometimes loosing dangerous balls (a bit like Verratti with PSG), but the way he can feel the game is very special and very nice to watch. 

Here in Brest, we are going to follow and support him with the Saints, and we won't forget how he could be a great player in Brittany. 

Thank you for making the effort to post here, very grateful.

And bravo On your English ... it’s better than most of ours, let alone our French!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi all,

Thanks for posting.  Very interesting.  Can't wait to see him play.

Good luck for the rest of your season, Marco.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi all,

A good read.

Thanks for posting and good luck for your season too. 

Europa League would be good but possibly a bit too much of a leap for us this season. But a match in Brittany if we were drawn against your team would be good, once things return to normal. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo
On 06/10/2020 at 20:58, Marco fortuné said:

Hi all,

What a coincidence. I'm also a Brest fan. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I’m more of an R’s man myself! 🤦‍♂️

Anyone think if he’ll be on the bench against Chelsea? I assume he’s fit if he played for France U21. Or is he not ready like Salisu?

Edited by SNSUN

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

I’m more of an R’s man myself! 🤦‍♂️

Anyone think if he’ll be on the bench against Chelsea? I assume he’s fit if he played for France U21. Or is he not ready like Salisu?

He is physically ready, since the end of august, 5 games in the French league, and 2 appears with the France U21. 

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

You should also come to live with us, sleeping here is unforgettable.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Marco fortuné said:

He is physically ready, since the end of august, 5 games in the French league, and 2 appears with the France U21. 

You should also come to live with us, sleeping here is unforgettable.

I had the pleasure of working in Brest a year or so ago, was doing a cruise ship refit in the dry dock there. Although most of my time was spent in the dock, I did have a few trips out into the city. Must say its a very nice part of the world and (unsurprisingly) a lot like Cornwall. 

Visited Plougonvelin as well, what a lovely place that is! 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ibrahima Diallo - Official: Signs for Al Duhail