Sport Republic

Dusic

2 hours ago, waylander said:

If he does that he is quite literally putting his neck in a noose, according to the article.

In which case their authorities might be even harsher - from a duffing up to something rather nastier - if exposed to the risk of relegation, which is very high next year. £150m better than £0 under interrogation by the PRC police.

Also, have their authorities considered that a significant part of the reason clubs are making huge losses is a virus probably originating in Wuhan province? Typical politicians. Les and Ross didn’t help either at club level but the pandemic has had a huge impact across Europe.

Edited by saint1977

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Ridiculous that these players who are still under 23 aren't already mega-consistent megastars!

I call this the inverse straw-man argument; when people try to argue against the polar opposite, as if it's a binary choice between those two options.

Not only is Djenepo not consistent, he is inert and stationary at the other end of the scale, no closer to being a PL quality player than the day he arrived.

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Apart from promotion to the top flight, 4 top 8 finishes, 2 European campaigns and a cup final, what did she ever do for us? 

You mean the people her father brought in to run the club? All she did was keep them in place for a few years before ripping everything apart and bringing in the clown car. Our success was thanks to Markus, Cortese and Mitchell, our decline thanks to her and her incompetent minions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Cartman said:

You mean the people her father brought in to run the club? All she did was keep them in place for a few years before ripping everything apart and bringing in the clown car. Our success was thanks to Markus, Cortese and Mitchell, our decline thanks to her and her incompetent minions.

The three you mention left/died before our best season. A season where famously we had to completely rebuild the side. Those three did good stuff but Koeman, VvD, Mane, Tadic ect. were Les Reed moves.

14 minutes ago, TWar said:

The three you mention left/died before our best season. A season where famously we had to completely rebuild the side. Those three did good stuff but Koeman, VvD, Mane, Tadic ect. were Les Reed moves.

Bit fanciful to give Reed credit for Mane and Tadic.  They were 100% Koeman signings.

No black box bullshit there.

Edited by Wade Garrett
Sausage finger typing

15 hours ago, TWar said:

I thought it was Diallo. Ridiculous that these players who are still under 23 aren't already mega-consistent megastars! 

I know right and don't get me started on Tella, some games he's not as good as in others. Really makes me mad. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Bit fanciful to give Reed credit for Mane and Tadic.  They were 100% Koeman signings.

Not sure I'd even give Koeman credit for those.

I'd say they were already identified by Paul Mitchell.

And let's be honest, he was the blackbox.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Not sure I'd even give Koeman credit for those.

I'd say they were already identified by Paul Mitchell.

And let's be honest, he was the blackbox.

More that he was unemployed, was affordable, a bigish name and most likely applied for the role. 

Not sure this was a hidden gem, well scouted, appointment like Poch ‘apparently’ was. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 12:12, Wade Garrett said:

I find it quite funny how good signings are attributed to one man and bad another

Reality was that we likely sign players based on a managers need, scouting consensus and a comittee agreement

Paul Mitchell seemed to be the man that found a great many of our gems, and Ross Wilson a great many of our overpaid duff

Ive got no love for Reed really but I’d be very surprised if it was just him going out of his way scouting and negotiating as one entity

Our issues are/were a culmination of Gao rocking up and providing no direction, bad chief scout/manager appointments and this weird power vacuum that both Krueger (what was the point in him) and Reed seemed to be vying for and neither accepted ultimate responsibility 

Edited by Smirking_Saint
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I find it quite funny how good signings are attributed to one man and bad another

Reality was that we likely sign players based on a managers need, scouting consensus and a comittee agreement

Paul Mitchell seemed to be the man that found a great many of our gems, and Ross Wilson a great many of our overpaid duff

Ive got no love for Reed really but I’d be very surprised if it was just him going out of his way scouting and negotiating as one entity

Our issues are/were a culmination of Gao rocking up and providing no direction, bad chief scout/manager appointments and this weird power vacuum that both Krueger (what was the point in him) and Reed seemed to be vying for and neither accepted ultimate responsibility 

Tadic was signed by Koeman as he knew him from Dutch football.  Mane was signed by Koeman because he played out of his skin against a Koeman side.

Koeman identified both these players not the black box.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Tadic was signed by Koeman as he knew him from Dutch football.  Mane was signed by Koeman because he played out of his skin against a Koeman side.

Both can be true at the same time and people from the club (including Koeman) admitted as much. It does not have to be one reason why the club signed them.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

People tie themselves in knots trying to blame Reed for all the shite. Nobody really knows the whole story. 

The only thing I do know is that there was one decision that stands out above all the others. One moment when  a wrong decision could of turned everything to shit. The club was at a crossroads and a decision was made that not only stopped a disaster, but actually made things better. That decision was appointing  Ronald Koeman. Whoever made that decision deserves a special mention. I doubt it was Mitchell , Cortese or Poch. The 3 that seem to attract the most praise on here. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

People tie themselves in knots trying to blame Reed for all the shite. Nobody really knows the whole story. 

The only thing I do know is that there was one decision that stands out above all the others. One moment when  a wrong decision could of turned everything to shit. The club was at a crossroads and a decision was made that not only stopped a disaster, but actually made things better. That decision was appointing  Ronald Koeman. Whoever made that decision deserves a special mention. I doubt it was Mitchell , Cortese or Poch. The 3 that seem to attract the most praise on here. 

In other news can we stick to takeover topic please.

and FFS please rename the thread as DaGrosa no longer isin the running 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

What a load of old shit.

Koeman said Mane was on our list when we signed him.

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’ve always found it amusing that Reed gets blamed for all the bad signings and manager appointments, other people get credit for all the good ones. It’s laughable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

What a load of old shit.

Koeman said Mane was on our list when we signed him.

Especially considering the main soundbites coming out of the club was how we'd been monitoring him for years too.

Also given the amount of money Koeman spaffed at Everton where pretty much every one of his signings were fucking awful, I don't believe for one second he'd be capable of finding a Mane or a Tadic.

Edited by JustinSFC

18 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Especially considering the main soundbites coming out of the club was how we'd been monitoring him for years too.

Also given the amount of money Koeman spaffed at Everton where pretty much every one of his signings were fucking awful, I don't believe for one second he'd be capable of finding a Mane or a Tadic.

Almost certainly would have known about both as played against them the season before. 

I suspect it would have been a case of us having a list of players of which they were included and he picked them out. 

I doubt Pelle was on the ‘black box’ not our traditional type of signing. 

7 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Why would anyone sign a player after one good performance?

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Why would anyone sign a player after one good performance?

It’s not too hard.  It was when Mane first came to his attention.  He obviously kept his eye on him from them.

Fuck me, I’ve just paid another fiver to be able to post on this shit. 

Too many sad troll wankers on here.  Shame, most threads are now being ruined by a few sad fuckers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, danjosaint said:

Same reason ferguson bought Ronaldo after utd v Lisbon game 

That isn't strictly true - they had an agreement with him for the following season but after that game Real Madrid etc were sniffing around so they brought it all forward and flew him and his family to Manchester the next day to sign the deal. 

Nearly a month since the fans forum where Semmens said news of a new 'investment structure' was to be announced "soon".

Whilst that doesn't necessarily translate to a takeover, it was clear acknowledgement for the first time from those running the club day-to-day that we are actively seeking new investors. There haven't been any links/stories in the media for a while, but it's hard to know whether no news is good news as hopefully any serious investor would not be going to the press every 5 minutes like DaGrosa was. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Potential Takeovers