Sport Republic

Dusic

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

I wouldn’t have an issue either tbf - I’m not sure the Premier League would allow us to change our name so that side of our history would remain intact. As long as they were providing us with the financial support we need I wouldn’t mind.

Can’t see I’m particularly pleased about Kat Liebherr having any involvement in the sales process - she put us in this mess in the first place.

I may be wrong, but I think that the Chinese Government changing their rules about taking money out of China really put us in this position.. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

If we’re throwing around forum favourites, like RB, doesn’t Jim Ratcliffe own a set of football clubs? 

He owns Nice and Lausanne I believe. Would be best case scenario for an owner I think, although it all depends on whether he wants to spend any money or just use us as an investment. Ineos would look great as a shirt sponsor also

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

If we’re throwing around forum favourites, like RB, doesn’t Jim Ratcliffe own a set of football clubs? 

Ratcliffe mentioned Saints in quite a robust interview in the Manchester Evening News. I’m probably grasping at straws. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-jim-ratcliffe-fred-20441487

10 minutes ago, manji said:

Ratcliffe mentioned Saints in quite a robust interview in the Manchester Evening News. I’m probably grasping at straws. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-jim-ratcliffe-fred-20441487

11 minutes ago, manji said:

Clutching at straws. 

1 hour ago, tunit said:

He owns Nice and Lausanne I believe. Would be best case scenario for an owner I think, although it all depends on whether he wants to spend any money or just use us as an investment. Ineos would look great as a shirt sponsor also

Probably also clutching at straws but he did purchase Nice from a Chinese owner. (Well Cinese/USA consortium but that makes my straw a bit shorter). I'd love it if it was INEOS, just a question of whether the cycling team starts wering our kit or we change to theirs.😂

Next concern, which is not only clutching at straws but seriously counting my chickens, what's the ruling nowadays if 2 teams owned by same owner get drawn together in Champions League/Europa League/That other one?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

We still have the (Non-green duck holding) Keith Harris group that’s been put together, too: https://news.sky.com/story/amp/football-finance-veteran-harris-eyes-club-takeover-through-us-spac-deal-12463847

The LAMF group raised slightly more then expected when they went public a few weeks ago, something like $250m, so things could be moving. Not sure Saints are an interesting target for them though

Edited by Christophenburg

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I feel like a lot of people are clutching at straws with Red Bull link.

Has there been any proof/article that there have been talks? Can’t say I’ve seen any myself. 

As long as there is investment into the club I’d welcome it.

No, the only place it has ever been mentioned is on here. Yet some seem to cling to it.  

Edited by Turkish

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Not new?

Is Da Grosa definitely OUT?

If he's one of them fuck it.

Can't see it being RB.

There's no way at least one journo hasn't got hold of it, if it was them.

Ratcliffe? Unlikely. Same as above.

Why is this being leaked without names?

Someone has obviously leaked it, but if you're going to leak something you'd leak it full out.

Sheldon sounds like he knows more than he's saying, who has he mentioned in the past?

He says "not new" to the table.

6 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Not new?

Can't see it being RB.

Someone has obviously leaked it, but if you're going to leak something you'd leak it full out.

Sheldon sounds like he knows more than he's saying, who has he mentioned in the past?

Leaking names can often scupper deals, said Sheldon on TSP. They can say it is close but as Semmens said, if a buyer is being plastered all over the media it probably won't happen, it's the quiet ones that you'd expect to be more likely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Not new?

Can't see it being RB.

forgive me for being cynical but dont we usually have a takeover leak just before a transfer window opens?

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

forgive me for being cynical but dont we usually have a takeover leak just before a transfer window opens?

It's the same shit.

If this is actually the REAL thing.

Kat should just buy it back off him cut price then sell it.

If GAO really is in the financial shit this is being alluded to.

32 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Not new?

Can't see it being RB.

if only paul allen hadn't died we could have got excited looking for yachts in the solent again

25 minutes ago, TWar said:

Leaking names can often scupper deals, said Sheldon on TSP. They can say it is close but as Semmens said, if a buyer is being plastered all over the media it probably won't happen, it's the quiet ones that you'd expect to be more likely.

It's being said a deal could be done by the end of the year.

We are **checks notes** 3 days into December now.

Assuming Xmas is downtime, that's 3 weeks.

For this to be leaked with no sniff of a name by ANYONE seems iffy at best.

Something that close would be more than a tweet.

26 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

If Gao needs an injection of major funds and the price has softened to be in someone’s bracket they wanted to pay it could well happen quickly if they’ve already looked at the books. Exclusivity periods are less frequent now and we didn’t know about Markus until it was basically done and only then because Pinnacle nearly derailed it there was known to be a Swiss consortia late on. 

If it was Da Grosa it would be all over the media again well before now. I’ll cling onto the hope that it’s a serious buyer as Markus was. Don’t want to be the new City or Newcastle, but a King Power type owner would be nice to get us back to buying early Manes, VVDs, refresh the stadium and help stabilise the academy. New keeper and striker in January if done in time welcome too. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

The burnley deal went from no one knowing about it to done in the space of a couple of weeks if I remember correctly. It's not that quick.

I don't think it will certainly happen, but there could be something brewing.

• Like 1

Dan Sheldon did a Q&A earlier today and eluded to the fact that a deal could be done by the end of the year but he himself didn’t think it would be by done the end of the year.

More interesting was that he’d said multiple sources had described this month was an important one.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Dan Sheldon did a Q&A earlier today and eluded to the fact that a deal could be done by the end of the year but he himself didn’t think it would be by done the end of the year.

More interesting was that he’d said multiple sources had described this month was an important one.

Plus he said there was a seemingly good deal that was ruined by the pandemic.

If I'm honest I feel 'not knowing' who the parties are is much better than having their names all over the media.

When prospective owners start chatting to the press that usually rings alarm bells. If they are keeping themselves to themselves and studying the club in the background and not announcing themselves to the world then it feels more genuine to me.

Hopefully KL makes a much better choice on the next one.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If I'm honest I feel 'not knowing' who the parties are is much better than having their names all over the media.

When prospective owners start chatting to the press that usually rings alarm bells. If they are keeping themselves to themselves and studying the club in the background and not announcing themselves to the world then it feels more genuine to me.

Exactly, Dagrossa shouting his mouth off about his interest was a massive red flag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Appy said:

Exactly, Dagrossa shouting his mouth off about his interest was a massive red flag. 

Yeah, exactly. Thankfully that one has gone now by the sounds of it.

It's kinda why I've always been a bit sceptical of the Newcastle lot as well, lots of talk but then they appoint Howe. Will be interesting to see how they play January.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

*Clutches at straw*

Ralphs response was interesting today.  Gets daily updates from Semmens about it. 

1 hour ago, Appy said:

Multi club does point to Ratcliffe, doesn’t he own Nice?

Apparently lives/lived in Hampshire (and Monaco). Ineos is a major player in sports sponsorship, see Mercedes AMG (might scupper any Red Bull deal). Also has a super yacht (Hampshire II). Has a home on Lake Geneva so could connect with Liebherr. Lots of reasons for it to be him (so probably not). 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bpsaint said:

I guess the bit about being able to sell the club instantly to a buyer the fans won’t be happy with is hinting towards Red Bull?

11 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

I'd honestly have no issue with Red Bull, providing they leave us with individuality and we're not just an English RB Leipzig.

Red Bull's style tends to be to take over smaller clubs anyway so I doubt it will be them, despite the obvious connections with Ralph.

Think I'd be able to cope with it if we become as successful as Leipzig in their league.

Can't see the 'ralph connection' being instrumental in it it though. Don't forget he left after they didn't offer a contract extension.

The only 'link' with Red Bull that I recall a couple of years ago was a comment that one of our analysts who left for one of their clubs said she expected to working with SFC again shortly. Could we be so lucky ? Can't see it, but of the names previously mentioned Red Bull (without the name change) or Ratcliffe/Ineos would be preferable to a some dodgy group or individual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, exactly. Thankfully that one has gone now by the sounds of it.

It's kinda why I've always been a bit sceptical of the Newcastle lot as well, lots of talk but then they appoint Howe. Will be interesting to see how they play January.

Personally think they’ll be another Everton.

If they’re cut way adrift in eight games time at the start of January then they’ll have to pay shed loads to get notable players in.

Good players are NOT going to want the risk of getting relegated on their CV’s.

14 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Bob Ratcliffe (jims brother) is the football person at Ineos.

Bob Ratcliffe previously gave an interview where he said they weren't interested in an English PL club as it would mean pumping in £50m every year to finish 10th (or win the "Everton Trophy" as he called it).

Jim Radcliffe, SPAC, and RedBull (mentioned by a claimed ITK on here / minor media snippets) are all likely to have at least been in the fiver interested parties and have had their names loosely attached. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them one of the two names being eluded to. Would take any of those as well.

Edited by Saint86

51 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Apparently lives/lived in Hampshire (and Monaco). Ineos is a major player in sports sponsorship, see Mercedes AMG (might scupper any Red Bull deal). Also has a super yacht (Hampshire II). Has a home on Lake Geneva so could connect with Liebherr. Lots of reasons for it to be him.

You've convinced me its Ratcliffe. Sold. 😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VectisSaint said:

Apparently lives/lived in Hampshire (and Monaco). Ineos is a major player in sports sponsorship, see Mercedes AMG (might scupper any Red Bull deal). Also has a super yacht (Hampshire II). Has a home on Lake Geneva so could connect with Liebherr. Lots of reasons for it to be him (so probably not). 

Owns a place at Thorns Beach, down Calshot way, been a lot of hassles with planning permission for the development he wants to do IIRC.

edit: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7879081/Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-wins-planning-battle-build-luxury-summer-house-New-Forest.html

Edited by waylander
added information

13 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Suspect these ‘two’ interested parties have been in the running for a while, but wouldn’t meet Gao’s asking price.

Now he’s allegedly dropped it, maybe these parties could move quickly to finalise.

Come on Jim, you know it makes sense.

Alright Del?!

12 hours ago, Saints foreva said:

We'll still be owned by Gao 12 months from now. 

That is exactly what I thought as soon as I heard yesterdays comments. I foolishly allowed myself to have some hope when we first heard Gao wanted to sell back at the beginning of 2020. This will drag on for some time yet. There is no way it will happen before the end of this year. 

• Like 1