Sport Republic

Dusic

Surely it's unlikely to be de grosa? He can't keep his mouth shut (and this has been kept very quiet), plus his chances (or inferred to be him at the time) were rubbished by the club previously. 

I'm holding out for a good takeover. We have also been linked with some surprising players in January, ones that would be well outside of our financial reach by inspection as it stands. 

Edited by Saint86

37 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Surely it's unlikely to be de grosa? He can't keep his mouth shut (and this has been kept very quiet), plus his chances (or inferred to be him at the time) were rubbished by the club previously. 

I'm holding out for a good takeover. We have also been linked with some surprising players in January, ones that would be well outside of our financial reach by inspection as it stands. 

I just wish we weren’t being linked with 17 year olds “with potential”. Would be nice to have a couple of new players that could immediately make a difference.

Bro I just wish in the EPL for once we had and owner with disposable cash (and can invest the 50m net free per year for FFP) and can play a better version of the L1 glory days when good players came in and made us awesome to watch.

I really feel we are so close to a tipping point that if we could just improve the squad to the next level of quality we could super fun to watch.

Personally I would buy 2 inside forwards, a proven striker and a direct running CM and a goalie as my first summer shopping assignment.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Bro I just wish in the EPL for once we had and owner with disposable cash (and can invest the 50m net free per year for FFP) and can play a better version of the L1 glory days when good players came in and made us awesome to watch.

I really feel we are so close to a tipping point that if we could just improve the squad to the next level of quality we could super fun to watch.

Personally I would buy 2 inside forwards, a proven striker and a direct running CM and a goalie as my first summer shopping assignment.

I agree. In particular a class goalkeeper would transform us tbh. Would solidify the defence and give us the confidence to attack and press with real abandon (as opposed to now where even when we attack it often feels like its with our punches pulled in case of the break). 

I think Ralph and semmens have done all they can reasonably be expected to with the resources and restrictions we have. I just want a takeover to come in, that will enhance the capabilities of those 2 in particular, and that will help us get a few key signings that really push us on. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

It’s more the pissing away of money on the likes of Boufal, Hoedt etc.

People moan about the VVD money but that was pissed up the wall long ago.

Boufal is having a very good season at Angers in Ligue 1.

He will be moving to a champions league club next summer the way he has impressed.

19 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Dunno. Was told there was a connection with Texas. Hope what I'm told isn't complete bollocks! 

Alec Scheiner the CEO of Redball (the Billy Beane/Richard Scudamore group who are looking to buy a PL club) used to be at the Dallas Cowboys.

https://redballac.com/

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by Matthew Le God

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I was told that potential owners had a connection with nfl and I didn't know if that fitted anyone with Redball. 

Top 15 richest owners in the NFL

1. David Tepper, Panthers: $14.5 billion (142nd-richest person in the world)
2. Jerry Jones, Cowboys: $8.9 billion
3. Stan Kroenke, Rams: $8.2 billion
4. Shahid Khan, Jaguars: $8 billion 
5. Stephen Ross, Dolphins: $7 billion 
6. Robert Kraft, Patriots: $6.9 billion
7. Arthur Blank, Falcons: $6.2 billion 
8. Terry Pegula, Bills: $5.4 billion
9. Stephen Bisciotti, Ravens: $4.9 billion 
10. Janice McNair, Texans: $4.1 billion
11. Denise York, 49ers: $3.5 billion
12. Gayle Benson, Saints: $3.4 billion
T-13. Jimmy Haslam, Browns: $3 billion
T-13. Jim Irsay, Colts: $3 billion
T-13. Jeffrey Lurie, Eagles: $3 billion

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Alec Scheiner the CEO of Redball (the Billy Beane/Richard Scudamore group who are looking to buy a PL club) used to be at the Dallas Cowboys.

https://redballac.com/

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

What is the attraction of Redball , and the Beane/Scudamore link ? Have seen a few posters hoping it is them but I don't know why this is deemed preferable to say Red Bull, or Ratcliffe/Ineos for example who at least have some track record in European football.

This is not directed at MLG specifically, but his is one of a few posts which appear keen on Beane/Scudamore (which I agree sounds prefereable to our current ownership).

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

What is the attraction of Redball , and the Beane/Scudamore link ? Have seen a few posters hoping it is them but I don't know why this is deemed preferable to say Red Bull, or Ratcliffe/Ineos for example who at least have some track record in European football.

This is not directed at MLG specifically, but his is one of a few posts which appear keen on Beane/Scudamore (which I agree sounds prefereable to our current ownership).

I didn't say they are preferable to the other options you gave,  it is hard to determine which of those three would be best. But... Redball don't appear to be chancers, the CVs of their board are very impressive and they have raised a huge amount of money from investors for a potential PL deal.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I didn't say they are preferable to the other options you gave. They don't appear to be chancers, the CVs of their board is very impressive and they have raised a huge amount of money from investors for a PL deal.

Fair enough, some reasonable points you've given, although I suspect only time would confirm if they were "chancers" or not.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Fair enough, some reasonable points you've given, although I suspect only time would confirm if they were "chancers" or not.

RedBall raised $575m in its initial public offering (IPO) last summer to buy a Premier League team and sought to raise another $950m through Redbird Capital Partners and other private outside investment in its second run to try and raise as much almost $1bn.

"Chancers" don't raise that level of finance! Investors are clearly taking them seriously.

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

RedBall raised $575m in its initial public offering (IPO) last summer to buy a Premier League team and sought to raise another $950m through Redbird Capital Partners and other private outside investment in its second run to try and raise as much almost $1bn.

"Chancers" don't raise that level of finance!

Thanks. 

You've sold their credentials to me ! 

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

"Chancers" don't raise that level of finance! Investors are clearly taking them seriously.

And I believe there is a timeframe in which they need to have made an acquisition?

4 minutes ago, Suhari said:

And I believe there is a timeframe in which they need to have made an acquisition?

Yes, due to the nature of the way they have raised the money, they have 24 months after the initial IPO to find a home for their investors cash. Should that clock run out then the money is handed back. I think it may be down to under a year left now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Yes, due to the nature of the way they have raised the money, they have 24 months after the initial IPO to find a home for their investors cash. Should that clock run out then the money is handed back. I think it may be down to under a year left now.

It's two years from 18th August 2020 when the IPO was completed/they started trading. 

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There are many companies that raise this kind of money, and a fair number are either venture capitalists or have them as investors. Venture capitalists are focused on two things - a significant (and ideally quick) return, and an (investment) exit strategy. That pretty much makes them “chancers” in my book.

Granted, though, RedBall seem to have a longer term focus and a broader strategy.