Sport Republic

Dusic

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

fail black and white GIF

😆I haven't had a reply yet! I do know that things have been going on behind the scenes. Not sure what the outcome has been from any talks with the prem which are what is needed now if you want to take over. You're the true itk Turkish so if you hear anything else of interest then let me know :)

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

😆I haven't had a reply yet! I do know that things have been going on behind the scenes. Not sure what the outcome has been from any talks with the prem which are what is needed now if you want to take over. You're the true itk Turkish so if you hear anything else of interest then let me know :)

My lips are sealed pal. People didn’t want me carrying “the joke” on so they’ll just have to wait or relying on the charlatans and false prophets. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delmary said:

An interesting old article on Dagrosa’s departure from Bordeaux.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/09/bordeaux-angry-fans-owners-promising-football-team

Sounds like he pulled the wool over the eyes of the investors and then made bad decisions in the running of the club.

Untrustworthy and incompetent?  Would be a great combination.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8853205/SPORTS-AGENDA-Southampton-rage-Big-Picture-duo-Rooneys-calling-shots-Derby.html

"As revealed by Sportsmail, Saints are close to clinching a lucrative takeover and they were furious at what they saw as reckless actions which could have undermined the Premier League product — and put their own sale in jeopardy."

44 minutes ago, trousers said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8853205/SPORTS-AGENDA-Southampton-rage-Big-Picture-duo-Rooneys-calling-shots-Derby.html

"As revealed by Sportsmail, Saints are close to clinching a lucrative takeover and they were furious at what they saw as reckless actions which could have undermined the Premier League product — and put their own sale in jeopardy."

I would suggest this is why we haven't heard about the takeover yet... 

46 minutes ago, trousers said:

Lucrative is the questionable word.

I dunno, I just dont think someone like him would own our club especially with Blackmore saying to ignore those people in the papers when he has been the only one and seemed to burn his partners in Bordeaux. 

Redbird bought a 85% stake in Toulouse in July, have 500mil to spend so I am clinging to that particular hope.

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I dunno, I just dont think someone like him would own our club especially with Blackmore saying to ignore those people in the papers when he has been the only one and seemed to burn his partners in Bordeaux. 

Redbird bought a 85% stake in Toulouse in July, have 500mil to spend so I am clinging to that particular hope.

Last I saw, they were looking at a stake in Liverpool.

Let's be honest, it all comes down to money. If your owner has limited funds, runs to tight budgets, or wants to be self sustaining then you are going to be bottom half. 

If your owners spend you'll be top ten. Yes there are the odd exceptions and some of those last for a season or two but overall that's the way it is. 

Everton weren't very good, spent money and are now at the top. Villa the same. 

So if we get anyone that it basically using other people's money then we will get more of the same as we have now. If we ever find a billionaire who is determined to compete then we can start dreaming. I feel this Degrosa chap won't be much different to what we have now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Last I saw, they were looking at a stake in Liverpool.

yeah saw that article, might make sense as they were talking about if they merger with Redbird then they want to have more teams a la city and Redbird have Toulouse already.

Anyway whatever happens i expect the sale and announcement to be underwhelming, would love Ralph to be given some money for a transfer window in the summer though to really see what he could do with 50-60mil to spend.

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

yeah saw that article, might make sense as they were talking about if they merger with Redbird then they want to have more teams a la city and Redbird have Toulouse already.

Anyway whatever happens i expect the sale and announcement to be underwhelming, would love Ralph to be given some money for a transfer window in the summer though to really see what he could do with 50-60mil to spend.

I’d even be happy with a scenario like we have where we spend what we make, but the owner puts in £30m each season.  Even that would be a massive improvement. 

4 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

I’d even be happy with a scenario like we have where we spend what we make, but the owner puts in £30m each season.  Even that would be a massive improvement. 

Anybody buying Saints is hoping to make money, not give away £30m every year......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Anybody buying Saints is hoping to make money, not give away £30m every year......

If you spend the additional money well, why is it giving it away? A better squad will generally result in higher placing and higher merit payment, more frequently tv appearances and a higher facility fee, and if your scouting team know what they're doing, it's obviously better to double the value of a young £30m player than it is to double the value of a £10m player when you consider player sales.

Anyone hoping to make money out of this club without making the investments necessary to keep pace with recruitment in the rest of the league is playing a very dicey game with fine margins and a potentially huge risk of sudden, catastrophic asset devaluation.

• Like 1

Just now, LeG said:

Not aware of any real talks going on at the moment, but wouldn't hear anything at that kind of level anyway. Its basically just owners, buyers and lawyers. We were very close to being sold before the pandemic but that fell through as the buyer got hit in the pocket big time. 

So who was that then?

17 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Random input, asked the Bloomberg dude who writes about investment into football and did a good article on US investment in European football and asked him if he'd heard about our proposed takeover.

He said...........

It's gone very quiet.

Read into that what you will 🤣🤣

Basically, once again Liverpool have fooked us over...

11 hours ago, Matty's Caddy said:

Probably gone quiet due to the whole European super league thing. The whole focus of televised football would shift. Probs waiting to see what happens 

I think we will hear something this week or not at all. I'm leaning towards DaGrosa being a bit of a chancer (shocking I know!)

48 minutes ago, LeG said:

I believe that the interested party who almost bought us were in the hotel business. The pandemic hit and the deal collapsed. DaGrossa...im pretty sure hes just using the whole thing to get his name out there. Its all gone rather quiet. Either nothing is happening any more, or someone very serious is doing a deal quietly.

103BE923-FEB2-426B-BAB6-79470227301A.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LeG said:

I believe that the interested party who almost bought us were in the hotel business. The pandemic hit and the deal collapsed. DaGrossa...im pretty sure hes just using the whole thing to get his name out there. Its all gone rather quiet. Either nothing is happening any more, or someone very serious is doing a deal quietly.

As Adam Blackmore said in a Tweet weeks ago.

2 hours ago, LeG said:

assuming american - top 10 wealthy ones https://www.businessinsider.com/the-wealthiest-hotel-owners-in-america-2013-1?international=true&r=US&IR=T