Saints vs Everton - Build up & Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Quick look on their forum, pretty confident. Can't see one post saying they will lose......then again there is 30 odd pages so I didn't scroll through them all.

Fancy a least a point from this. Couple of knee high challenges after the whistle has blown will really put it up 'em.

No surprise there bunch of arrogant twats 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

No surprise there bunch of arrogant twats 

I follow the main Everton forum (Grand Old Team) quite a lot because my nephew plays in their U23s. They are actually a very knowledgeable bunch, much more so than I have seen on some other teams' forums, that's for sure. Of course they have their share of bedwetters and drama queens, but football forums would be boring places without them.

Why shouldn't they be confident? They've got an excellent manager whose influence is now shining through, they have started the season in really good form, and they are one of our bogey teams who we never seem able to beat. They have every right to be confident really.

But so should we. 

Should be a good game.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Dusic said:

No sign of Armstrong in todays training pics.

Somebody on the Everton forum suggests Armstrong is out with a thigh strain (no idea of how they have that info):

They are playing it down a little but with no Walcott option in this game Saints are struggling a bit. 
Dejenepo injured, Armstrong picked up a strain while self isolating !!! So they choose between Long (has 45mins max in him) and Tella (youth, headless chicken).

5 minutes ago, vin said:

Somebody on the Everton forum suggests Armstrong is out with a thigh strain (no idea of how they have that info):

They are playing it down a little but with no Walcott option in this game Saints are struggling a bit. 
Dejenepo injured, Armstrong picked up a strain while self isolating !!! So they choose between Long (has 45mins max in him) and Tella (youth, headless chicken).

Maybe we start with Romeu and Diallo as the deeper midfielders and move JWP up into Armstrong's position...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I follow the main Everton forum (Grand Old Team) quite a lot because my nephew plays in their U23s. They are actually a very knowledgeable bunch, much more so than I have seen on some other teams' forums, that's for sure. Of course they have their share of bedwetters and drama queens, but football forums would be boring places without them.

Why shouldn't they be confident? They've got an excellent manager whose influence is now shining through, they have started the season in really good form, and they are one of our bogey teams who we never seem able to beat. They have every right to be confident really.

But so should we. 

Should be a good game.

Really balanced post. If Saints lose (probably likely but obviously hopefully not) then don't lose bad ie get smashed.

10 hours ago, Forester said:

To be honest I wou,d have thought this was absolutely a game to press high and keep high line.  With no Richarlison, the threat is aerial via DCL and you don’t want to be defending in your penalty area.  I also think that getting upfront and personal with James and Gomez is the right way to go

Press high maybe, but trying to get our CB pair to defend on the halfway line is recipe for disaster IMO.

Must be nearly the one year anniversary of the Leicester 0-9 game so expect that to be mentioned every few mins on the commentary, hopefully no repeat of that performance. 

I'd definitely be happy with a point , our home record is still not great,  Pickford is bound to be man of the match when he should be suspended. Their midfield looks strong, hope Armstrong is available. 

35 minutes ago, JRM said:

Must be nearly the one year anniversary of the Leicester 0-9 game so expect that to be mentioned every few mins on the commentary

Good spot... Sunday actually marks the one year anniversary to the day (25th October)... I think this calls for a sweepstake on the number of mentions. I'll go for 17.

1 hour ago, Wimborne_saint said:

Eveton missing Richarlison, James Rodriguez and Coleman....Great news!

Seems odd Rodriguez was able to play the rest of the game, wouldn't surprise me if he appears still on Sunday. 

As mentioned elsewhere Palace were missing an entire defence and beat us 1-0 so won't read too much into this. 

When's Ralph's press conference? 

Rodriguez being out is the best news possible for us. Coleman and Richarlison out is a bonus. Still a very tough game for us though. Everton won't win the league but I don't think they will that far off it. Ancelloti is a top, top manager. He will get the best out of what he has.  

7 minutes ago, BallBoy said:

Rodriguez being out is the best news possible for us. Coleman and Richarlison out is a bonus. Still a very tough game for us though. Everton won't win the league but I don't think they will that far off it. Ancelloti is a top, top manager. He will get the best out of what he has.  

What would you consider counts as 'not far off it'? 2nd or 3rd and within 10 points of 1st?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Richarlison is already a big miss as he seems to always score against us. With James Rodriguez as well their side seems a lot more ordinary and like it was last year. 

If we can keep Calvert-Lewin quiet, then pressure their defence which is not good IMO should do well. 

38 minutes ago, trousers said:

I've made Calvert-Lewin my Fantasy Football captain this week, so we're nailed on clean sheet winners I reckon 

Or you can really p1ss everyone off by announcing shortly after our defeat by an inevitable Calvert Lewin goal that at least you’ve got him in your fantasy team 

Well reading their a Forum Grand Old Team they are supremely confident and we are mid table dross. Not one post even gives us a look In  despite having half a team out.

They seem to think they are Real Madrid FFS, more like Real w@nkers! 

Edited by wild-saint

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

With Walcott, Djenepo and Smallbone out and Armstrong not fully fit, will we see a start for Nathan Tella? Or could we play JWP on the right and give Diallo a debut in the middle? 

1 hour ago, Appy said:

If Armstrong isn't fit to start i would guess JWP will move to the right, especially with the threat of Digne.

Armstrong fully fit and ok to play.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints vs Everton - Build up & Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D unpinned and locked this topic