Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Loved what we saw from him today when he came on (yes Everton were down to 10 men) - looked to have a good pass and vision and could be quite a player.  Obviously very early days but really encouraging.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was surprised he went in as a straight swap for Armstrong rather than pushing Ward Prowse forward and playing Diallo next to Romeu. 

Looking forward to seeing him play a bit more in the coming games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked brilliant out on the right, I wonder if we'll see him there again? We were all expecting him to play alongside JWP but Romeu has arguably been our best player this season!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, igsey said:

Looked brilliant out on the right, I wonder if we'll see him there again? We were all expecting him to play alongside JWP but Romeu has arguably been our best player this season!

And even though Armstrong was good yesterday, I'm glad Ralph let Romeu complete the game, and tweak the formation slightly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked really good on the ball. That turning when receiving the ball is an often underestimated quality, but it can put a team onto the front foot almost immediately.

Doesn't look like your typical powerhouse midfielder, but with that he looks to have good balance and agility with the ball.

Be interesting to see how he grows into the side. He offered so much more than Smallbone ever did in that 'Stuart Armstrong' role in those 5 mins.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2020 at 09:41, OldNick said:

I feel exactly the same, he was good on the ball and energetic. Making probing forward passes.

Early days but

Agreed. I really liked the fact that he was demanding the ball from the moment he came on the pitch and was then looking for the forward pass rather than the 5 yard sideways pass.  That is especially impressive on your first match for a club with new teammates. It suggests someone who not only has confidence but also wants to be a starting player not just a squad player. High hopes for him and wish him the best of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, craig said:

Agreed. I really liked the fact that he was demanding the ball from the moment he came on the pitch and was then looking for the forward pass rather than the 5 yard sideways pass.  That is especially impressive on your first match for a club with new teammates. It suggests someone who not only has confidence but also wants to be a starting player not just a squad player. High hopes for him and wish him the best of luck.

All very easy to do when you come on with 5 minutes left and your team is 2-0 up against 10 men. He did look good but will want to see what hes like when the game is tight and theres more pressure being put on him in possession

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

He just has that look about him of quality and confidence, mind you, so did Lemina. With that in mind I will suppress my excitement for a while yet. 

If he gives us the same as what Lemina did in his first 6 months with us then we'll all be pleased

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

All very easy to do when you come on with 5 minutes left and your team is 2-0 up against 10 men. He did look good but will want to see what hes like when the game is tight and theres more pressure being put on him in possession

He came on when we were 3-2 down last week and looked decent then too

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He came on when we were 3-2 down last week and looked decent then too

In the 87th minute. Not sure you can really judge somebody on 3 and 4 minute appearances respectively. Lets get 45 minutes out of him and hopefully he shows the same promise

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2020 at 10:33, S-Clarke said:

Looked really good on the ball. That turning when receiving the ball is an often underestimated quality, but it can put a team onto the front foot almost immediately.

Doesn't look like your typical powerhouse midfielder, but with that he looks to have good balance and agility with the ball.

Be interesting to see how he grows into the side. He offered so much more than Smallbone ever did in that 'Stuart Armstrong' role in those 5 mins.

Bit early to write off Smallbone yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Bit early to write off Smallbone yet. 

I didn't.

But Smallbone is a CM, not a 'Armstrong' type attacking player.

Neither is Diallo to be fair, but he looked better on the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})