Jump to content

Things That are Racist


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, whelk said:

As I was out on my skateboard today I heard some lads discussing this essay about the 2021 witch hunters.

Pretty much sums up my view on the fucking enablers https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/americas-true-believers-and-their

Interesting article.  At least part of the problem (the enablers in that article) are big corporations who just want to sell something but do it under the guise of selling you a lifestyle and set of values.  They're trying to capture the zeitgeist, or at least appear as if that's what they're doing, when actually they just want you to buy shit.  I just wish they'd stick to something more obvious instead of trying to convince everyone they're really caring, sharing, inclusive money grabbing multi-nationals.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Interesting article.  At least part of the problem (the enablers in that article) are big corporations who just want to sell something but do it under the guise of selling you a lifestyle and set of values.  They're trying to capture the zeitgeist, or at least appear as if that's what they're doing, when actually they just want you to buy shit.  I just wish they'd stick to something more obvious instead of trying to convince everyone they're really caring, sharing, inclusive money grabbing multi-nationals.    

I don't rate the article. I think it's fake outrage railing against fake outrage. Anyhow I've got a friend who lives in Echo Park and she hasn't got an nut allergy or tattoos - QED suckaaas. 

The corporate identity point I totally agree with though. You've got multinationals buying up independent brands that have a certain profile or loyalty base so that they can sell stuff to people who wouldn't come near them under the companies own name. How many people know 'ethical' Innocent Smoothies and Costa are both owned by Coca Cola or Pret a Manger are majority owned by Goldman Sachs?  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets play a game called 'The Wheel of Racism'.

Contestants must 'spin the wheel' to see what is now racist...Here goes;

*SPINS WHEEL*

Swimming Pools/Swimming

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/apr/04/i-was-the-only-black-kid-in-the-pool-why-swimming-is-so-white?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1617515644

Where is the racism or accusation of racism in that story? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris liked Trump and Bannon and has imported their tactics . The point of his non investigation into racism is to take a position and let people rage against that position . As shown on here it has worked 100% . 
Yes we have fallen into his trap big time .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2021 at 12:54, East Kent Saint said:

Boris liked Trump and Bannon and has imported their tactics . The point of his non investigation into racism is to take a position and let people rage against that position . As shown on here it has worked 100% . 
Yes we have fallen into his trap big time .

Why have you only complained about the report after it was published?

If you knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that the report authors were hand picked and had the conclusion sewn up before they even started, why did you wait until the report was published and not say a word about it before hand?

Or are you just virtue signalling?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why have you only complained about the report after it was published?

If you knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that the report authors were hand picked and had the conclusion sewn up before they even started, why did you wait until the report was published and not say a word about it before hand?

Or are you just virtue signalling?

Well obviously it was an issue a year or so ago when the enquiry was being set up and various people were deselected before it started but other things became more important such as we couldn’t go anywhere or do anything for weeks at a time . The highlight of the week was going to Tesco’s ! The report was delayed and largely forgotten until it was published .  This thread started about taking the knee , I pointed out that the knee was more significant in USA as it was done during the playing of the national anthem so here it would be better to stick to the Kick it out program . The report bit was really complaining about news management , the fact that they were putting out a story rather than trying to address racism etc . Of course it spiralled out of control with ridiculous statements from both sides . Time to move on , the police pointed out that the recommendations for them were the same as 40 years ago in the Lord Scarman report so as they weren’t implemented neither will the current ones but actually doing something wasn’t why they set up the committee.
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets play a game called 'The Wheel of Racism'.

Contestants must 'spin the wheel' to see what is now racist...Here goes;

*SPINS WHEEL*

Nursery Staff/Nurseries

https://www.birthto5matters.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Birthto5Matters-download.pdf

"Practitioner training is an important step toward opening dialogue and developing understanding about white privilege"

Edited by AlexLaw76
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2021 at 17:35, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets play a game called 'The Wheel of Racism'.

Contestants must 'spin the wheel' to see what is now racist...Here goes;

*SPINS WHEEL*

Good/Correct Spelling

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/its-elitist-to-mark-down-bad-spelling-universities-insist-bmw5j2jlf

This one genuinely p*ssed me off.  Shouldn't they be saying "we will help you get up to standard" rather than "we will lower the quality"?

Additionally, it sounds like white supremacy saying that only "white, European males can use English properly"!? Wow. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This one genuinely p*ssed me off.  Shouldn't they be saying "we will help you get up to standard" rather than "we will lower the quality"?

Additionally, it sounds like white supremacy saying that only "white, European males can use English properly"!? Wow. 

 

Expecting people to be on time is racist too. if a POC turns up 30 minutes late for an interview with a CV littered in poor spelling and grammar and they dont get the job it's because you're a racist.

 

Apparently It’s Now Racist To Expect People To Show Up On Time | The Daily Wire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whelk said:

You should steer clear of these sites they only get you excitable.

it doesn't excite me. As i've always maintained if you look hoping to find racism everywhere then you'll miss the things that really are racist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This one genuinely p*ssed me off.  Shouldn't they be saying "we will help you get up to standard" rather than "we will lower the quality"?

Additionally, it sounds like white supremacy saying that only "white, European males can use English properly"!? Wow. 

 

Meh. It’s just a couple of unpopular universities who struggle to attract students trying to put a gloss on why they are lowering standards to make budgets balance 

Edited by buctootim
Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd or 3rd visit to the table now for cheese...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1422913/Extinction-Rebellion-campaign-dairy-food-schools-racist-Brighton-Hove-City-Council

Quote

Alison Plaumer, from the global environmental movement (extinction rebellion), has led a petition for more plant-based meals to be served in schools and other venues. She told one council there is a "racist element" to serving dairy because she believes a large percentage of the BAME communities is lactose-intolerant. More than 240 people have backed the campaign so far

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

By contrast It seems being vegan is tell tell sign of white supremacy. Confusing all this isn’t it.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evb4zw/why-so-many-white-supremacists-are-into-veganism

Edited by Turkish
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets play a game called 'The Wheel of Racism'.

Contestants must 'spin the wheel' to see what is now racist...Here goes;

*SPINS WHEEL*

Morrisons/Intimidating advertising

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/morrisons-shoppers-row-over-supermarkets-23911524?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

In essence that is about dickheads on Twitter. Mirror is shocking for content of just taking pundit quotes and making a story of them.  Rich source if just looking for twats having an argument on Twitter. But here we are discussing it. 

Edited by whelk
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, whelk said:

In essence that is about dickheads on Twitter. Mirror is shocking for content of just taking pundit quotes and making a story of them.  Rich source if just looking for twats having an argument on Twitter. But here we are discussing it. 

The guardian seems to be a great source of pointing out social injustice. It’s rapidly becoming my favourite paper

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Not sure where this fits but apparently being a black person isn't enough to be considered black

 

Idris Elba's Luther Was Not 'Black Enough to Be Real,' BBC's Chief Diversity Officer Says (msn.com)

 

 

A white person stating that a black man was not black enough as he did not have black friends and didn't eat rice and peas....

Wow!!!

Edited by AlexLaw76
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

A white person stating that a black man was not black enough as he did not have black friends and didn't eat rice and peas....

Wow!!!

I dont remember wondering why Luther wasn't eating jerk chicken in any episode of Luther. Do you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Not sure where this fits but apparently being a black person isn't enough to be considered black

 

Idris Elba's Luther Was Not 'Black Enough to Be Real,' BBC's Chief Diversity Officer Says (msn.com)

 

 

Such a pointless argument.

Apparently the Luther character wasn't developed as a black man, they just got the best actor for the job during casting.

....which is the exact same argument used when the debate of the day is "of course James Bond can be black". See no colour, find a great actor.

This stuff is completely self-defeating. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Line of duty have nailed it. A mixed race lesbian couple Going through a break up leading to a lesbian flirtation sub plot, plenty of female black firearms officers. A mixed race woman a senior investigatory officer, with white blokes being the stupid criminal, corrupt copper who can hardly string a word together, just how the real world is. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏼👏🏽👏🏾👏🏾👏🏿

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Such a pointless argument.

Apparently the Luther character wasn't developed as a black man, they just got the best actor for the job during casting.

....which is the exact same argument used when the debate of the day is "of course James Bond can be black". See no colour, find a great actor.

This stuff is completely self-defeating. 

 

Indeed. Despite the best man for the job being a black fella, the very definition of equality and what is being demanded it seems like that isn’t enough equality.
 

this says to me We now have to call black people out for not being stereotypical enough. To be progressive we have to be regressive. 

Edited by Turkish
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2021 at 19:30, Turkish said:

Line of duty have nailed it. A mixed race lesbian couple Going through a break up leading to a lesbian flirtation sub plot, plenty of female black firearms officers. A mixed race woman a senior investigatory officer, with white blokes being the stupid criminal, corrupt copper who can hardly string a word together, just how the real world is. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏼👏🏽👏🏾👏🏾👏🏿

Line of duty has jumped the shark now, RGD, rapidly going downhill. Not a patch on Between the lines , but I guess that was too white & macho. Although it did have a ginger jock that was a Les, not enough black characters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Church of England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56779190

Quote

Staff complaining of racism in the Church of England have been paid off to "buy their silence", the BBC's Panorama programme has been told.

Former Church race-relations adviser Dr Elizabeth Henry says some had to sign non-disclosure agreements.

The Church is set to publish plans promising to address racism.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 10:17, whelk said:

As I was out on my skateboard today I heard some lads discussing this essay about the 2021 witch hunters.

Pretty much sums up my view on the fucking enablers https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/americas-true-believers-and-their

Deeply ironic seeing is Bari Weiss is one of the coven of witch hunters obsessively smearing anyone who criticises Israeli actions as racist antismeites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Deeply ironic seeing is Bari Weiss is one of the coven of witch hunters obsessively smearing anyone who criticises Israeli actions as racist antismeites. 

Is she on your ‘get them cancelled’ hitlist? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

War graves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56840131

Quote

Tens of thousands of predominantly black and Asian service personnel who died fighting for the British Empire were not properly commemorated due to "pervasive racism", a report has said.

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission apologised after it found individuals were not formally remembered in the same way as white troops.

"The events of a century ago were wrong then and are wrong now," it said.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

SSN now joining a variety of sporting associations in boycotting SM for a few days in response to recent racist incidents. How strange. We’ve had a solid year of kneeling before sporting events, putting ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the back of shirts, randomly flashing up on the screen during matches, Martin Tyler solemnly telling us that the message is as strong as ever, black squares posted on Instagram, adverts saying racism is not nice, marching through major cities and a Policeman 5,000 miles away is in prison. Never before has virtue signalling been this sustained and ferocious and yet none of it seems to have made a blind bit of difference. Who’d have though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2021 at 09:25, Lighthouse said:

SSN now joining a variety of sporting associations in boycotting SM for a few days in response to recent racist incidents. How strange. We’ve had a solid year of kneeling before sporting events, putting ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the back of shirts, randomly flashing up on the screen during matches, Martin Tyler solemnly telling us that the message is as strong as ever, black squares posted on Instagram, adverts saying racism is not nice, marching through major cities and a Policeman 5,000 miles away is in prison. Never before has virtue signalling been this sustained and ferocious and yet none of it seems to have made a blind bit of difference. Who’d have though.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

It's always darkest before the dawn.

You believe all of these slogans and gestures have lead us to the brink of a sudden outbreak of world harmony and tolerance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You believe all of these slogans and gestures have lead us to the brink of a sudden outbreak of world harmony and tolerance?

I think the final step of completion was removing Noel Clarke’s BAFTA

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2021 at 09:25, Lighthouse said:

SSN now joining a variety of sporting associations in boycotting SM for a few days in response to recent racist incidents. How strange. We’ve had a solid year of kneeling before sporting events, putting ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the back of shirts, randomly flashing up on the screen during matches, Martin Tyler solemnly telling us that the message is as strong as ever, black squares posted on Instagram, adverts saying racism is not nice, marching through major cities and a Policeman 5,000 miles away is in prison. Never before has virtue signalling been this sustained and ferocious and yet none of it seems to have made a blind bit of difference. Who’d have though.

You're wrong, according to the government the whole racism thing has been sorted now so it must have worked a treat:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56585538 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})