Jump to content

Saints vs Shrewsbury - Match Thread


Man of the Match v Shrewsbury Town  

78 members have voted

  1. 1. Man of the Match v Shrewsbury Town

    • Fraser Forster
      1
    • Yan Valery
      0
    • Jan Bednarek
      0
    • Jack Stephens
      1
    • Jake Vokins
      1
    • Ibrahima Diallo
      21
    • James Ward-Prowse
      36
    • Caleb Watts
      11
    • Kgagole Chauke
      2
    • Shane Long
      2
    • Dan Nlundulu
      3

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 21:00

Recommended Posts

I like the look of the lineup. I can’t say the FA Cup ever interests me at this stage but i’ve been looking forward to this fame, excited to see Chauke in particular and for N’Lundulu to get a start. Come on boys!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, one of those ‘on paper we should breeze this’ games. But as has been said, they’re on good form and will want to be the Prem team beaters. If Ralph has been able to get through to the youngsters...been able to drill the forwards...we should be too much, but there’s no guarantees in the Cup. The gulf is not as great as some might believe. 2-1 Saints but a really tough game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Oh boy, one of those ‘on paper we should breeze this’ games. But as has been said, they’re on good form and will want to be the Prem team beaters. If Ralph has been able to get through to the youngsters...been able to drill the forwards...we should be too much, but there’s no guarantees in the Cup. The gulf is not as great as some might believe. 2-1 Saints but a really tough game.

Remember when we, a team too strong for league one, got dicked by Pompey, a team struggling in the Prem? 

Shrewsbury haven't trained for a fortnight I believe, we should be looking to win this by 4+ goals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, egg said:

I think his point is that we've got half a season still to go, 9 players out, and no money, thus Europe looks unlikely now. 

My point was how good I think our best team is. Could beat anyone on their day

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Oh boy, one of those ‘on paper we should breeze this’ games. But as has been said, they’re on good form and will want to be the Prem team beaters. If Ralph has been able to get through to the youngsters...been able to drill the forwards...we should be too much, but there’s no guarantees in the Cup. The gulf is not as great as some might believe. 2-1 Saints but a really tough game.

We should have enough to beat them but Shrewsbury are fielding their first team and League One first teams usually beat Premier League U23 teams, including ours,  in the FA Trophy so, I agree with you, it won't be easy. I'm looking forward to seeing what Kegs Chauke can do especially. My main concerns are Valery and Long but hopefully they will surprise me against this level of opposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the mix of strength and youth we were hoping for, notably the defensive spine - Bednarek/Stephens and Diallo/JWP - remains. I'm a little surprised to see Chauke and Watts in the 10s over some of the more established youngsters - anybody know anything about either of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

We should have enough to beat them but Shrewsbury are fielding their first team and League One first teams usually beat Premier League U23 teams, including ours,  in the FA Trophy so, I agree with you, it won't be easy. I'm looking forward to seeing what Kegs Chauke can do especially. My main concerns are Valery and Long but hopefully they will surprise me against this level of opposition.

Long is always my main concern. Stealing a living. His contract extension defies belief given that we haven't got a pot to piss in

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DT said:

Starting to see what they mean about Nlundulu’s first touch. It’s really bad!

Haha was just thinking this - I remember seeing someone got him a first touch practice board for Secret Santa, I can see why!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DT said:

Starting to see what they mean about Nlundulu’s first touch. It’s really bad!

 

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Good to see you starting work early. Keep it up ;)

DT strikes again :)

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Excellent HD stream on www.hesgoal.com

Seems to be a choice of either Spanish or Chinese.  But great stream anyway if not fussed about commentary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LaptopSaint said:

The Jam:

“Wish I could be like Caleb Watts

La la la la la, la la la”

Anyone got a song for Kegs or N’lundulu? 

 

 

 

Probably 

“His name is Kegs Chauke

He really hates Pompey”

clap clap clap clap

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Shaky spell.

Our fullbacks are so high up that one ball out wide is letting them get forward a long way, and our pressing is only encouraging the long balls out wide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:
Just now, Chez said:

Vokins corners are possibly the least threatening I have ever seen.

Really poor

Edited by DT
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Shrewsbury - Match Thread
  • stevegrant unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})