Saints Sign Kit Deal with Hummel

SuperSAINT

2 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Our Hummel kits of the past were ok, the Danish one was just a rebadged kit and the striped one was ok but ordinary. I the hated the Danish one at the time, thought it was shit, just rebadged and the red version of Coventrys kit and the follow up striped shirt was ordinary.

It's fine to have not liked the Denmark style kit (I remember my old man hated it) but lord knows why you had to write nonsense about Coventry: they had that style kit at the exact same time as us (as did Villa).

Our kit was no more a version of the Coventry kit than the other way round. Football kit manufacturer uses template shock horror.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's fine to have not liked the Denmark style kit (I remember my old man hated it) but lord knows why you had to write nonsense about Coventry: they had that style kit at the exact same time as us (as did Villa).

Our kit was no more a version of the Coventry kit than the other way round. Football kit manufacturer uses template shock horror.

My point wasn't that it was a rehash of Coventrys but that we had the same stock kit as another team at the same time, just a different colour. I would have prefered a unique kit. I had forgotten about Villa, I'm even more outraged.

Football fan with fallacious views shock horror.

I also didn't like having Sanderson at the same time as Sheffield Wednesday, book me in to the nearest mental home now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

My point wasn't that it was a rehash of Coventrys but that we had the same stock kit as another team at the same time, just a different colour. I would have prefered a unique kit. I had forgotten about Villa, I'm even more outraged.

Football fan with fallacious views shock horror.

I also didn't like having Sanderson at the same time as Sheffield Wednesday, book me in to the nearest mental home now.

The Rupert Lowe era "S" branded own-label kits must have been like living through some kind of crazy dream for you.

43 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The Rupert Lowe era "S" branded own-label kits must have been like living through some kind of crazy dream for you.

I didn't mind the idea of it, but the kits were average at best. Hated the first one, loved the red sleeve one. 

Probably most don't give a shit, but if you do have a view on kits, I would guess that most would prefer a non-stock kit, I was just ahead of the curve in the late 80's.

I remember a bit of trouble with supply the last time we had Hummel kit. Weren't the team occasionally forced to wear mix n match of home and away or something? All sorts of dark rumours of sabotage due to Hummel being part owned my Spurs? I remember a bit of a campaign from The Ugly Inside for fans to wear umbro instead (for some reason...)

Anyone? 

6 hours ago, scousesaint84 said:

Like the all red design a lot, less so the black, the yellow is decent top. I'd much prefer a new shirt like that, which has a very solid design to repeating or rehashing the `Denmark' design as they did with Coventry. Not convinced by the stripes design, but Hummel will get it right I'm sure.

15 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

I love the Hummel reply on that thread.

Yep, quality. As to the concepts, I have no real interest in the shirts we wear, but they all look superb. It's good that Hummel are taking note.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/01/2021 at 21:14, alehouseboys said:

CORE STRIPED SS JERSEY, TRUE RED/WHITE, packshot

They could do far worse than just bunging a badge on one of their current bulk standard red and white striped shirts.

Chuck in a nice pair of dark blue shorts and white socks and they could be onto a winner imo.

count me in. I think that shirt looks great. Add the Saints badge and navy shorts and you have a classic. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints Sign Kit Deal with Hummel
11 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

It's a bit too Feyenoord for my liking.

Agreed, not to my liking as a Saints shirt either.

For several years I've had this vision of a combined sash and stripes home kit. In my head, it's a thing of immense beauty, but would probably look like a reconfigured version of the Dimplex kit in reality (which I know many have never liked).

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

It's not our traditional shirt.

Can you define what counts a 'traditional shirt'? Traditions are made and created over time, they are not set in stone. Until the 1960s Leeds did not play in white, so when they switched they moved to something that was not their traditional shirt.

58 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Can you define what counts a 'traditional shirt'? Traditions are made and created over time, they are not set in stone. Until the 1960s Leeds did not play in white, so when they switched they moved to something that was not their traditional shirt.

🤣🤣 you are too easy to trigger.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I remember you confidently saying that the Cortese plain red shirt was now our traditional shirt because something something Leeds United something something.

How did that work out for you?