Danny Ings

sisi1992

14 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Why is there anything different in what position they play if they have or had more potential than Ings.Remember a  lot on here didn't want the injury crocked player to start with (me for one),and hes done well but there are better players as some that have already been mentioned. If you cant see that some were exceptional players then quite frankly your blinkered to your own views. Mick Channon? one of my all time favs,was gutted when he left didnt he used to be on the banner for this forum? alongside Keegan?.This site is for fans opinion yes? or just for trying to score points off of each others post?.....

You can’t have a opinion on here if it goes against some early member snowflakes.. they don’t like it up em mush !... loved Channon ! Used to copy the windmill arm when I scored for local team wen I was a nipper ! 👌🏻

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Danny’s assist play has been us shocking. Always prefer him to be the last man but when he’s not he under-hits, scuffs the pass plus just passes to the opposition. If he was not so good at scoring goals for us he would be the next boo boy.

Absolute nonsense, he’s our best player by a country mile. 

With all aspects of his game he’s one of the most complete forwards In the league. 

Classic saints fans, whenever there’s a sniff of a player leaving, “oh he’s not that great anyway”.

Happened with Clyne, Hojbjerg, Lallana and others. 

Edited by Appy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

Danny’s assist play has been us shocking. Always prefer him to be the last man but when he’s not he under-hits, scuffs the pass plus just passes to the opposition. If he was not so good at scoring goals for us he would be the next boo boy.

Are you Mad? he's one of the best players in the league both at passing, ball control and ball retention..... yes he's had a couple of anonymous games like every player has but to say his assist play has been shocking is laughable 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Appy said:

Really? I don't recall anyone downgrading Clyne or Lallana when they were departing. Did anyone even have a bad word about Clyne the whole time he was here? When Lallana kicked up a fuss, everyones annoyance was largely down to what a good player he was for us. I think the consistent criticism was that he didn't have the stamina to get up ad down for 90 minutes, As regards Hojberg, many including myself hardly had a good word to say about him the whole time he was with Saints (gave the ball away far too cheaply with his poor passing ability) and stood by that as he was leaving.

I don't think people change their minds when a player is leaving, you simply get threads about the player and in that thread different opinions that were always there, just now more visible.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Really? I don't recall anyone downgrading Clyne or Lallana when they were departing. Did anyone even have a bad word about Clyne the whole time he was here? When Lallana kicked up a fuss, everyones annoyance was largely down to what a good player he was for us. I think the consistent criticism was that he didn't have the stamina to get up ad down for 90 minutes, As regards Hojberg, many including myself hardly had a good word to say about him the whole time he was with Saints (gave the ball away far too cheaply with his poor passing ability) and stood by that as he was leaving.

I don't think people change their minds when a player is leaving, you simply get threads about the player and in that thread different opinions that were always there, just now more visible.

Agreed

4 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Danny’s assist play has been shocking. Always prefer him to be the last man but when he’s not he under-hits, scuffs the pass plus just passes to the opposition. If he was not so good at scoring goals for us he would be the next boo boy.

I thought last season , when I watched him at St Mary’s , that he was jogging around up front . Watching MOTD he was picked out for his linking play and as instigator of most of our attacks !  He is always trying , likes to nutmeg the keeper but doesn’t always succeed. Since then he has become first on the team sheet .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Appy said:

Absolute nonsense, he’s our best player by a country mile. 

With all aspects of his game he’s one of the most complete forwards In the league. 

Classic saints fans, whenever there’s a sniff of a player leaving, “oh he’s not that great anyway”.

Very good players for us, but not great.

You know what, maybe we should just let him run down his contract, he's got 18 months left which would make him 30, how many more years past 30 do people think he'll really go.  If he signs a new 4/5 year contract from now we'd still have 2 -3 years to pay as our top earner when he's 30, with him potentially spending more and more time in the injury room with no sell on value, would much rather have him for 18 months, get his best years out of him, then someone else can take him on, better that than a have him sign a contract with a low get out clause where we end up having to replace him this summer anyway.  Call his bluff, let him run down his contract, he hasn't got as many years in front of him as he might think.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Millbrook Saint said:

You know what, maybe we should just let him run down his contract, he's got 18 months left which would make him 30, how many more years past 30 do people think he'll really go.  If he signs a new 4/5 year contract from now we'd still have 2 -3 years to pay as our top earner when he's 30, with him potentially spending more and more time in the injury room with no sell on value, would much rather have him for 18 months, get his best years out of him, then someone else can take him on, better that than a have him sign a contract with a low get out clause where we end up having to replace him this summer anyway.  Call his bluff, let him run down his contract, he hasn't got as many years in front of him as he might think.

Vardy is 34, Walcott turns 32 in March both going strong and both still have pace. Ings at 28 still has many years left in him. Ings isn't going to stop being effective just because he hits 30.

Edited by Matthew Le God

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Vardy is 34, Walcott turns 32 in March both going strong and both still have pace. Ings at 28 still has many years left in him. Ings isn't going to stop being effective just because he hits 30.

Neither of those players have had major injuries to both their knees though have they

Ings also suffers with reasonably consistent niggles here and there (atleast 1 or 2 injury enforced absences a season)

So no... its not an unfair criticism to highlight his likely lack of longevity 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Neither of those players have had major injuries to both their knees though have they

Ings also suffers with reasonably consistent niggles here and there (atleast 1 or 2 injury enforced absences a season)

So no... its not an unfair criticism to highlight his likely lack of longevity 

Can't agree with that at all. Vardy has niggles that keep him out, and is out at the moment. Walcott has had all sorts of injuries. Sure Ings has had massive knee problems, but if they were going to impact his career he wouldn't be playing to the level he is now. 

I'm with MLG on this one. 

Career longevity tends to depend upon three things: not getting a really serious injury that stops a player from playing at all, niggling injuries that never fully recover and have to be managed to get through matches, and how quickly a player recovers from a match so they can return to training without picking up muscle injuries. Once a player gets to the stage of their career where they are having to significantly cut back on training intensity due to slow recovery or their match performances are being significantly affected by an injury that won't ever get 100% better they are generally heading towards the twilight of their career.

How long Ings will be able to stay playing at the top level is anyone's guess. If he doesn't get a niggling injury and can keep his fitness levels high I'd think he'd probably be able to keep going until he's 33-34. His pace will probably drop off a bit before then, though.

Reports now Everton and Leicester sniffing around. 

It's honestly such a same we don't have any money, because I think if we could have secured a couple of quality players in Jan (I know always a gamble) even for only like the standard £15 million (which I think with covid prices would probably get you more than it would a year or two) and we could really be pushing those top places with the way the league is. 

Yeh we are 10th but we are only 5 points off 4th with a game in hand, this is a huge opportunity to take advantage of the slackness of the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea (and the dropped standards of the likes of City and Liverpool) to really push into those top 6 and maybe even those top 4 places and then I doubt this contract situation with Ings would be as troubling. How we do over these next 20 games could define the club for the next 4-5 years sadly and I just worry we don't quite have enough to maximise it, we're picking up injuries and players are getting tired with no enough quality replacements about. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

Reports now Everton and Leicester sniffing around. 

It's honestly such a same we don't have any money, because I think if we could have secured a couple of quality players in Jan (I know always a gamble) even for only like the standard £15 million (which I think with covid prices would probably get you more than it would a year or two) and we could really be pushing those top places with the way the league is. 

Yeh we are 10th but we are only 5 points off 4th with a game in hand, this is a huge opportunity to take advantage of the slackness of the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea (and the dropped standards of the likes of City and Liverpool) to really push into those top 6 and maybe even those top 4 places and then I doubt this contract situation with Ings would be as troubling. How we do over these next 20 games could define the club for the next 4-5 years sadly and I just worry we don't quite have enough to maximise it, we're picking up injuries and players are getting tired with no enough quality replacements about. 

I share your fear and frustration.

I think most of us knew that we'd struggle to sustain our form over an entire season. Whilst we had a good run for 40 or so games, that was actually spread across two separate seasons, so fatigue/fitness/injuries didn't come into it. Putting that form across 30 games in an actual season is impossible for us, it can't happen. With our current squad I'd say 10th-12th is about fair.

It's frustrating because the core quality is probably top 8 plus, but we don't have the depth to cover for the inevitable loss of form/injuries over the course of a season, so our true position will always be 10-12th. It just felt like we were always an injury crisis away from slip sliding away from that top 7 area and unfortunately that seems to be happening.

I will say that our recruitment over the last 4 years hasn't helped, it's been disastrous for a club of our size. Spending big fees on Hoedt, Lemina, Elyonoussi, Carillo, Boufal. That's upwards of £60m quid of players, 3 are out on loan and two of them left for free. That has killed us without question and I think it'll be years before we recover from that. Throwing 12m at Salisu doesn't exactly seem like a sound decision either, although still time there.

It would be nice if we had an ownership who was engaged and interested in helping us progress in the here and now, rather than sat back and ensuring we make them money and run 'sustainably'. That's code for spending what you sell. It is a sad state of affairs and until we get a change of ownership which has some ambition (which looks further away than ever now) then we are hamstrung massively and relegation battling seasons will always be a possibility.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think most of us knew that we'd struggle to sustain our form over an entire season. Whilst we had a good run for 40 or so games, that was actually spread across two separate seasons, so fatigue/fitness/injuries didn't come into it. Putting that form across 30 games in an actual season is impossible for us, it can't happen. With our current squad I'd say 10th-12th is about fair.

It's frustrating because the core quality is probably top 8 plus, but we don't have the depth to cover for the inevitable loss of form/injuries over the course of a season, so our true position will always be 10-12th. It just felt like we were always an injury crisis away from slip sliding away from that top 7 area and unfortunately that seems to be happening.

I will say that our recruitment over the last 4 years hasn't helped, it's been disastrous for a club of our size. Spending big fees on Hoedt, Lemina, Elyonoussi, Carillo, Boufal. That's upwards of £60m quid of players, 3 are out on loan and two of them left for free. That has killed us without question and I think it'll be years before we recover from that. Throwing 12m at Salisu doesn't exactly seem like a sound decision either, although still time there.

It would be nice if we had an ownership who was engaged and interested in helping us progress in the here and now, rather than sat back and ensuring we make them money and run 'sustainably'. That's code for spending what you sell. It is a sad state of affairs and until we get a change of ownership which has some ambition (which looks further away than ever now) then we are hamstrung massively and relegation battling seasons will always be a possibility.

He did say CL side. Leicester perhaps next season but Everton!! 

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

He did say CL side. Leicester perhaps next season but Everton!! 

We all thought Koeman would leave us for a CL side, PEH said the same etc.

The money will talk and the reality is that Everton and Leicester's owners have far more ambition and money than ours, so they are also in the equation for potential clubs - if he's available for £30m. A snip for those clubs

Just now, S-Clarke said:

We all thought Koeman would leave us for a CL side, PEH said the same etc.

The money will talk and the reality is that Everton and Leicester's owners have far more ambition and money than ours, so they are also in the equation for potential clubs - if he's available for £30m. A snip for those clubs

fair comment, but at the same time I dont want a Ozil, Aubangumang situation, massive contract. As he played for Liverpool I doubt he'd go to Everton 

In the event that he is sold, how does the arithmatic work out ? If he goes for £25million in the summer, how much would need to be spent on a replacement, or more realistically, how much of that would be made available to source a replacement ? I can't see us thinking that Adams, Walcott, N'lundulu, and Obafemi represent a Premier League strike force.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

In the event that he is sold, how does the arithmatic work out ? If he goes for £25million in the summer, how much would need to be spent on a replacement, or more realistically, how much of that would be made available to source a replacement ? I can't see us thinking that Adams, Walcott, N'lundulu, and Obafemi represent a Premier League strike force.

Surely a part of any fee we receive will have to go towards servicing the debt? (not least the interest for year 1).

Probably have around 10-15m to play with on a replacement. It won't get you much at all, but that's the world we live in now unfortunately. It'll be about developing a young player, not a straight Ings replacement. How that works out is anyone's guess!

Hey, Ings may not even go yet.....although it does look very possible. Too much chatter for this to be progressing to a positive conclusion - we all know how this ends sadly

Everyone says 20 million release clause is ridiculous...but surely that doesn’t mean he’d go for £20 million. If Leicester say ‘Ok we’ll take him for £20 million are all the other clubs just going to hold back and say ‘oh that’s a shame Leicester have got him for 20 million’ wouldn’t there naturally be a bidding war?..I’m possibly misunderstanding release clauses

6 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Everyone says 20 million release clause is ridiculous...but surely that doesn’t mean he’d go for £20 million. If Leicester say ‘Ok we’ll take him for £20 million are all the other clubs just going to hold back and say ‘oh that’s a shame Leicester have got him for 20 million’ wouldn’t there naturally be a bidding war?..I’m possibly misunderstanding release clauses

There isn’t any possibly about it. Stop and think about what you’ve just said. A club Has a legal agreement with a player to sell him for a fixed preagreed fee, they have to accept a fee of let’s say £20m. So why would there be a bidding war when every bid for £20m has to be accepted? Saints still have to accept the £20m bid even if other clubs bid £100m.

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

There would be a bidding war to see who could offer Ings the most money on his salery. Every bid at £20m is accepted and beyond that it is up to ings himself as to where he goes. Why would anyone offer us more money when they know we have to accept 20m when they could, instead, offer him more money as he is the only one with power at that point? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There isn’t any possibly about it. Stop and think about what you’ve just said. A club Has a legal agreement with a player to sell him for a fixed preagreed fee, they have to accept a fee of let’s say £20m. So why would there be a bidding war when every bid for £20m has to be accepted? Saints still have to accept the £20m bid even if other clubs bid £100m.

Oh...yeah the clue was me saying ‘I’m possibly misunderstanding release clauses’ but thanks for responding with the warmth I’ve come to know & love from Turkish! I just had some memory of Suarez having a £40 million realease clause & Arsenal offered £40 million & £1.00 pound. My message is sent with love by the way Turkish!

Edited by wadesmith

3 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Oh...yeah the clue was me saying ‘I’m possibly misunderstanding release clauses’ but thanks for responding with the warmth I’ve come to know & love from Turkish! I just had some memory of Suarez having a £40 million realease clause & Arsenal offered £40 million & £1.00 pound. My message is sent with love by the way Turkish!

Sometimes a bit of tough love is needed my friend. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TWar said:

There would be a bidding war to see who could offer Ings the most money on his salery. Every bid at £20m is accepted and beyond that it is up to ings himself as to where he goes. Why would anyone offer us more money when they know we have to accept 20m when they could, instead, offer him more money as he is the only one with power at that point? 

Yeah thanks as I said to Turkish the clue was ‘I’m possibly misunderstang release clauses’ but thanks for explaining in the kind of passive aggressive manner that seems unique to this forum! 

3 minutes ago, wadesmith said:

Yeah thanks as I said to Turkish the clue was ‘I’m possibly misunderstang release clauses’ but thanks for explaining in the kind of passive aggressive manner that seems unique to this forum! 

Dunno what came across as passive aggressive in my message. I never addressed you at all, I explained why what you said was wrong and didn't say anything insulting? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Dunno what came across as passive aggressive in my message. I never addressed you at all, I explained why what you said was wrong and didn't say anything insulting? 

You have to remember a lot of people who post on here these days will be from a generation who get medals for coming last at sports day. When they get into the workplace rather than starting at the bottom and having to work their way up, so shut up and get on with your job they get told they are the leaders of the future and flowers that need to be watered. So anything other then telling him great they are, how they can be anything they want to be is an alien concept to them. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

You have to remember a lot of people who post on here these days will be from a generation who get medals for coming last at sports day. When they get into the workplace rather than starting at the bottom and having to work their way up, so shut up and get on with your job they get told they are the leaders of the future and flowers that need to be watered. So anything other then telling him great they are, how they can be anything they want to be is an alien concept to them. 

Turkish , you seem to be getting increasingly bizarre . Many of your postings seem to come from Bannon / Trump play book (as they say these days) plus decades old right wing shout outs .

These days people have unsecure jobs , often with no specified hours , no sick pay or holiday entitlements , living in flats with flammable cladding  , due to corrupt building firms , which are forcing them to declare bankruptcy.

You need to reset your agenda.

I’ll await your reply of replying to a different theme and attacking me with an irrelevance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

How much has Gao made from his investment to date? A big fat loss so far

54 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Turkish , you seem to be getting increasingly bizarre . Many of your postings seem to come from Bannon / Trump play book (as they say these days) plus decades old right wing shout outs .

These days people have unsecure jobs , often with no specified hours , no sick pay or holiday entitlements , living in flats with flammable cladding  , due to corrupt building firms , which are forcing them to declare bankruptcy.

You need to reset your agenda.

I’ll await your reply of replying to a different theme and attacking me with an irrelevance.

Were you last in Bean bag race or the egg and spoon pal?

• Haha 1

Seems to me some (most) on this thread need to listen to the Semmens interview with Adam Blackmore https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094xq72 (about 10 minutes in).

In summary all the talk of Danny's contract, him not being happy, demandiing a release clause etc etc is bollocks made up by the media (my words). Danny is perfectly happy at the Club, and will be at the club until (at least) the end of his contract (2022) in his view. Danny doesn't want to discuss his contract  at the moment more interested in playing and scoring goals. There is and will be no Release Clause in his contract (or any other Saints player, as far as he is aware), Release Clauses are pointless in the Southampton FC Business Model. If a Club comes in with a substantial offer for Danny or any other player then the Club will not stand in their way. No interest, offers or enquiries of any sort have been received. Danny hasn't asked for anything beyond the normal (that means release clauses). End of story really.

From what I heard if people want to continue worrying about this situation for the next 6 to 18 months then that is their business but really there is nothing to worry about and anyway there's not much you or I can do about it, so why worry. If you believe the Club (Semmens) then you are best just putting this to bed and find something else to worry about. If someone comes in with a massive offer and Danny and the Club think its right, he will go. Having discussions about things which we are told are nonsense seems to be a futile exercise. Of course if you don't trust what Semmens says, then you can go on pontificating and putting your personal health at risk by worrying. Personally, Semmens has always been pretty straight and I have no reason to doubt him and I never considered that Danny would want to leave anyway (at least not before his contract ends). Ralph seems pretty relaxed as well.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, DT said:

Everton and Leicester also now interested apparently 

It was posted earlier. And I'm sure they are interested in signing him - just as they would be interested in signing Kane, Son, Rashford, Mane, etc. etc, etc. I am sure every English club would be interested in signing Ings, for the right money. To save me the bother of typing it again, read Vectis' post above and then have a listen to the link attached. It doesn't matter who is interested. Unless a substantial offer is made - one we would be stupid to turn down - he isn't going anywhere.

• Like 2

Given his injury record, I would have thought that getting a big new long term contract under his belt, with an acceptable release clause, would be a sensible move  for him at this point. Running his contract down much further is surely a gamble that he doesn't really need to take ?

18 hours ago, Minsk said:

It was posted earlier. And I'm sure they are interested in signing him - just as they would be interested in signing Kane, Son, Rashford, Mane, etc. etc, etc. I am sure every English club would be interested in signing Ings, for the right money. To save me the bother of typing it again, read Vectis' post above and then have a listen to the link attached. It doesn't matter who is interested. Unless a substantial offer is made - one we would be stupid to turn down - he isn't going anywhere.

Ah, sorry for missing that first bit. Read about Semmens, and, well, he would say that, wouldn't he? I'd prefer us to be able to keep him, but if he wants out then there's not much to stop that. Do suspect a bit of Levy (or even Klopp) underhandedness going on though...

2 hours ago, teamsaint said:

Given his injury record, I would have thought that getting a big new long term contract under his belt, with an acceptable release clause, would be a sensible move  for him at this point. Running his contract down much further is surely a gamble that he doesn't really need to take ?

His recent injury record is pretty good. He pretty much plays 90mins every game for us and I can't recall any lengthy muscle injuries in the last 18 months or so.

Running his contract down gives him more options rather than fewer and he can't base his career on the possibility he might get a bad injury - its a risk all footballers have.

19 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Seems to me some (most) on this thread need to listen to the Semmens interview with Adam Blackmore https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094xq72 (about 10 minutes in).

In summary all the talk of Danny's contract, him not being happy, demandiing a release clause etc etc is bollocks made up by the media (my words). Danny is perfectly happy at the Club, and will be at the club until (at least) the end of his contract (2022) in his view. Danny doesn't want to discuss his contract  at the moment more interested in playing and scoring goals. There is and will be no Release Clause in his contract (or any other Saints player, as far as he is aware), Release Clauses are pointless in the Southampton FC Business Model. If a Club comes in with a substantial offer for Danny or any other player then the Club will not stand in their way. No interest, offers or enquiries of any sort have been received. Danny hasn't asked for anything beyond the normal (that means release clauses). End of story really.

From what I heard if people want to continue worrying about this situation for the next 6 to 18 months then that is their business but really there is nothing to worry about and anyway there's not much you or I can do about it, so why worry. If you believe the Club (Semmens) then you are best just putting this to bed and find something else to worry about. If someone comes in with a massive offer and Danny and the Club think its right, he will go. Having discussions about things which we are told are nonsense seems to be a futile exercise. Of course if you don't trust what Semmens says, then you can go on pontificating and putting your personal health at risk by worrying. Personally, Semmens has always been pretty straight and I have no reason to doubt him and I never considered that Danny would want to leave anyway (at least not before his contract ends). Ralph seems pretty relaxed as well.

I guess that if the release clause is nonsense the positives of a new contract for Danny are higher wages for a longer period of time (seems pretty good). The negative is that its harder to move on in the next 18 months.

Whilst i believe largely whats being said do we honestly believe that "being interested only in scoring goals and playing" stops you signing a contract if you are only looking at the positives?

Im not in his headspace (working in a weird corona bubble, working on fitness etc) so i cant be sure.  Complex though too as i will never be in a situation where im happy at work and offered more money but have to stay for longer as most peoples contract simply dont work like that. Maybe ive convinced myself its more complex than id like to think haha

I wonder how often a player who doesn't want to talk contracts until the end of the season actually ends up signing a new one. Seems to me that saying he won't sign before then is the same as saying he's more likely to leave than not.

If he only has a year left, he'll be a cheap deal for anyone that wants him (and there will be plenty that would take a £20m Danny Ings as back-up), with a decent amount of the money saved going towards his signing bonus.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

I wonder how often a player who doesn't want to talk contracts until the end of the season actually ends up signing a new one. Seems to me that saying he won't sign before then is the same as saying he's more likely to leave than not.

If he only has a year left, he'll be a cheap deal for anyone that wants him (and there will be plenty that would take a £20m Danny Ings as back-up), with a decent amount of the money saved going towards his signing bonus.

Yeah I don’t see saints being willing to let him leave for nothing no matter the spin Semmens understandably is putting out. Most likely scenario is that he leaves in summer for best money we can negotiate like hojberg. Best case scenario is that clubs interested aren’t ones Danny is interested in & we’ve done well enough that he decides to come back to the table.

On 24/01/2021 at 17:39, VectisSaint said:

I listened to the interview and that was not my take out.

He will not be here just run down his contract and then leave for nothing. That scenario, while there in theory, will not happen on Semmens watch.

30 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Yeah I don’t see saints being willing to let him leave for nothing no matter the spin Semmens understandably is putting out. Most likely scenario is that he leaves in summer for best money we can negotiate like hojberg. Best case scenario is that clubs interested aren’t ones Danny is interested in & we’ve done well enough that he decides to come back to the table.

Quite. If he won’t sign a new contract pronto at the end of this season then clearly we will sell him. 

On 24/01/2021 at 12:38, wadesmith said:

It looked like a very sensible explanation to me. Why the aggravation?

40 minutes ago, Medrurkin said:

It looked like a very sensible explanation to me. Why the aggravation?

Just pissed off really. Pissed off with lockdown..just thought I’d take it out on that poster. Could have been anyone tbh! I don’t even think I read his/her post when I responded.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dusic said:

One thing is certain, Spurs aren't going to take their £40m+ option to sign Vinicius.

They will be in the market for Ings, without doubt.

Doubt it. They would be signing him knowing that he would be backup to Kane, and Spurs aren't the sort of club to willingly pay a backup 6 figures a week. More likely to go to Man Utd (they would pay that for a backup, and Cavani is out of contract), Arsenal (Ings would start for them) or even back to Liverpool. City and Chelsea don't need him, Spurs or anyone else won't pay him more than us.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings