Danny Ings

sisi1992

21 minutes ago, SKD said:

When did I say he’d signed a deal? What I’m saying is if he had signed one (I.e committed to staying) then he’d be on the promotion. He hasn’t committed to staying, so he’s not on there. Which to me would suggest the club aren’t as ‘confident’ he’ll stay as they are suggesting. 

From the bits I’ve heard, this was a few months back mind, I’ll be amazed if he stays. I think the issue is, he’s second / 3rd choice of a few clubs so this one will drag on. 

He certainly won't sign during this window, in my opinion. The club know this. I'm sure the offer is still on the table but if a club come and flash £35m in our faces then we will eat that up and run away with it, I'm fairly sure.

Ralph has been fairly adamant that he's staying, but at the end of the day money will talk and if a club gets desperate during August and flashes that sort of money at us for a player with 9 months left on a contract....we're going to blink and accept it. Let's hope we have our ducks in a row re: striker targets so we can move quickly at any stage if required.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I would say that Ings is the most charismatic guy in front of the camera that it is in our squad so to leave him out of the kit launch says a lot to me too.....

Incorrect. We have our academy poster boy white english guy and captain. A mixed race scottish fella, a black young player breaking into the first team and a foreign player, plus one of the girls team in some of the other promotional shots. We've shown to the world we are an inclusive club, having another white english bloke in the photos would upset the balance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Incorrect. We have our academy poster boy white english guy and captain. A mixed race scottish fella, a black young player breaking into the first team and a foreign player, plus one of the girls team in some of the other promotional shots. We've shown to the world we are an inclusive club, having another white english bloke in the photos would upset the balance. 

Change the record FFS.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

You don't like people that look different to you being fairly represented, we get it, you've said it a thousand times. Move on.

I didn't say i didn't like it, you made that up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

You signpost it constantly in your sarcastic bullshit posts. You want everyone to know but you are too much of a pussy to say it. Its transparent and boring. 

More making things up. Such a shame you have to get all personal because someone posted something you dont like. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tom said:

I would say that Ings is the most charismatic guy in front of the camera that it is in our squad so to leave him out of the kit launch says a lot to me too.....

I would generally speaking, agree with that.

But Van Dickhead was also our star player and also appeared in club promo's then left that same year.

At the time, I wouldn't have said in a million years the club would have put him in promos given everything that went on at that time either, but they did.

Having said that, we do seem to be going in pretty hard with Danny Ings branding right through the club since he signed, he's even got his own clothing range ffs, so it is a weird one.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Amen to that. We are all brothers and sisters under the same blue sky.

Not sure about "blue" sky Whitey. We don't want that lot down the road claiming the sky supports them!

More like all brothers and sisters under a red and white striped sky. 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 17:35, Matthew Le God said:

world of warcraft legion GIF

The interesting thing Is Considering the amount of shite spouted by the mugs on here I’m quite restrained. Apart from you sometimes because you’re an utter fucking prat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The interesting thing Is Considering the amount of shite spouted by the mugs on here I’m quite restrained. Apart from you sometimes because you’re an utter fucking prat.

Says the man who critises someone using petty insults but uses them himself constantly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

TBF you post a fair amount of white yourself but I think yours are just to attract attention. Bless

I would also like to thank you for showing restraint, we all really appreciate it 🙄

Yet you continue to follow me around like a little lap dog. I could pat you on the head all day you cheeky little scamp. 

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2021 at 10:47, S-Clarke said:

Ralph has been fairly adamant that he's staying, but at the end of the day money will talk and if a club gets desperate during August and flashes that sort of money at us for a player with 9 months left on a contract....we're going to blink and accept it.

The way I read Ralphs comments to date, is that he has been told by board that they will allow Ings to wind his contract down (giving us another season) rather than sell for less than their valuation of him. We won't simply accept the best offer we get. What that valuation is, I don't know, but Ralf's confidence that he will stay, perhaps suggests its sizeable.

However, a club our financial situation cant afford to allow all assets to leave for nothing, so as you say, if that valuation is met, he's gone.

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

Follow you round!  🤣

Tbf you are hard to miss because you are everywhere on here trying to belittle as you go and a clear high opinion of yourself to boot, but each to there own i suppose 

Suck Up Yes Man GIF by Noise Nest Network

Out of interest how much is ings worth In the current market with a year or so left of his contract? Would we be looking at 20 million or a lot less than that?

Really if we don't get at least 20 million then it's not worth us selling him as he could be the difference between relegation (He basically kept us up this season!)  and we should make him see his contract out but then do we want a player who doesn't if we are honest really want to be here? 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Out of interest how much is ings worth In the current market with a year or so left of his contract? Would we be looking at 20 million or a lot less than that?

Really if we don't get at least 20 million then it's not worth us selling him as he could be the difference between relegation (He basically kept us up this season!)  and we should make him see his contract out but then do we want a player who doesn't if we are honest really want to be here? 

I'd say probably in the ball-park of £25m-30m, something like that?

We'd have to give Liverpool a % of that as well, so we'd prob only make £20m, maybe less, from that. In the grand scheme of things it's not worth it and is why we won't allow that to happen, in my opinion.

However...if a club get desperate and offer us the top end of what we value him as (35-40m+) then we will snap that up, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Agree it would be a joke really to only get 20 m for one of the best cfs in the league..would hope we don’t sell too..

Trouble is we really do not seem the kind of club who runs a players contract out or keeps them against their will, all the talk that semmens spouts that we would not stand in a players way

im kind of leaning if he doesn’t sign then we will crumble and sell him 

49 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Our 1st choice left back's contract is running out in 29 days time and he is leaving.

It’s a bit differant though as Bertrand wasn’t really in demand and it’s more that we decided not to keep him rather then him not signing a new deal.. 

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd say probably in the ball-park of £25m-30m, something like that?

We'd have to give Liverpool a % of that as well, so we'd prob only make £20m, maybe less, from that. In the grand scheme of things it's not worth it and is why we won't allow that to happen, in my opinion.

However...if a club get desperate and offer us the top end of what we value him as (35-40m+) then we will snap that up, in my opinion.

The Brentford v Swansea play-off final was being billed as "the £178m game", I don't think it's a huge stretch to say without Danny we would be much less secure in our PL status. I think he's worth more to us than any sane club would be willing to pay (£60m bids from West Ham or Everton notwithstanding...). Run the contract down.

50 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

1) It’s a bit differant though as Bertrand wasn’t really in demand

2) and it’s more that we decided not to keep him rather then him not signing a new deal.. 

1) Why do you think that? He is being linked to Leicester, Arsenal and AC Milan. All three at a higher level than Saints.

2) What makes you think that? The club previously stated they had made him an offer, he dragged it out and didn't sign. Given the choice of staying at Saints or getting a last big payday at a club in Europe I think it is more the case of Bertrand wanting to leave. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 hours ago, igsey said:

The Brentford v Swansea play-off final was being billed as "the £178m game", I don't think it's a huge stretch to say without Danny we would be much less secure in our PL status. I think he's worth more to us than any sane club would be willing to pay (£60m bids from West Ham or Everton notwithstanding...). Run the contract down.

You don t seem to understand that with 30 million we can get in a replacement under a long term contract.

if you let him run down his contract we ll be stuck next summer with no ings and no funds to replace him properly

• Like 1

If/when ings does go would you say that 

A) he's had his best seasons at saints & injuries will creep back in as he is 29 in July 

Or

B) the best is definitely yet to come and he will score even more goals than at saints with better players around him in a better team.

10 hours ago, igsey said:

I think he's worth more to us than any sane club would be willing to pay (£60m bids from West Ham or Everton notwithstanding...). Run the contract down.

All that does is defer the problem of replacing him, but with the added problem of replacing him without a transfer fee. Crazy idea. It's a simple sell him or tie him down situation. 

26 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I think we are going to have to accept bids of around 20m for Ings. Unfortunately, it's a PEH situation all over again. 

I dont think so, he is a Striker, they command far higher fees than a PEH, and he is one of the best strikers in the league. If be amazed if he did go, that we would accept anything less than £30-35m.

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I dont think so, he is a Striker, they command far higher fees than a PEH, and he is one of the best strikers in the league. If be amazed if he did go, that we would accept anything less than £30-35m.

It is a struggle to think of many (if any) players regardless of position who have cost £30m+ with only one year left on their contract.

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is a struggle to think of many (if any) players regardless of position who have cost £30m+ with only one year left on their contract.

Possibly, but doesnt mean they dont happen.  

In my view, there is no way we sell for <£30m.

23 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Why do dickhead right whinger kippers have to bring their pathetic peurile polluting political digs into every thread ?

As a dickhead right whinger myself I have to agree with you, totally unnecessary to bring politics into a football discussion.

But back on topic, there's a lot of assumptions that if he sees out his contract he'll be off next year anyway. Maybe the club are gambling that being a year older no bigger club will want him anyway* and/or we'll have been taken over by then and be able to offer him a better contract then than we can currently commit to right now.

*Although Aguero at 32 (thought he was older) going to Barcelona possibly pisses on that theory

• Haha 1

Id be quite happy if Ings stays,but hes got to try  stay fit. I think the key to him staying is what happens to Kane. If he goes from Spuds then there could be a good bidding war for the likes of Ings and we could profit from this giving us a potentially bigger transfer kitty to play the market with .

The equations not quite as simple as I’m going to make it because one man doesn’t determine a clubs season alone, but if Ings’ goals next season keep us up, it’s worth far more money than we’ll get for him in a transfer fee this summer. 
Factor in wages but also fee and wages of a replacement who is unlikely to be anywhere near the same level ... I think the financial argument says keep him.

He may have other ideas of course.

38 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The equations not quite as simple as I’m going to make it because one man doesn’t determine a clubs season alone, but if Ings’ goals next season keep us up, it’s worth far more money than we’ll get for him in a transfer fee this summer. 
Factor in wages but also fee and wages of a replacement who is unlikely to be anywhere near the same level ... I think the financial argument says keep him.

He may have other ideas of course.

This he is worth more to us as someone that can keep us in the premier league & we will certainly struggle to find a proven double figures goalscorer in this league, wind the contract out at least it buys us time to start looking now.  He will probably go though if the price is right as we are a proven selling club, nothing will change till we get a new owner with some ambition & genuine interest in the club.  

12 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

You don t seem to understand that with 30 million we can get in a replacement under a long term contract.

if you let him run down his contract we ll be stuck next summer with no ings and no funds to replace him properly

That's not the way our club operates. They'll want to spend much less on Ings' replacement, which looks likely to be Adam Armstrong. Eventually the quality of the squad gets diluted until it's no longer good enough for the Premier League. The only other Premier League clubs that spent the same as or less than they received in the transfer market over a 5-year-period were Norwich and Sheffield United. 

Premier League Club Netspend 5 Season - Transfer League

3 hours ago, Roo1976 said:

Id be quite happy if Ings stays,but hes got to try  stay fit. I think the key to him staying is what happens to Kane. If he goes from Spuds then there could be a good bidding war for the likes of Ings and we could profit from this giving us a potentially bigger transfer kitty to play the market with .

In what world do 'bidding wars' actually occur?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings