Danny Ings

sisi1992

On 28/05/2021 at 17:21, Saint_Jonny said:

You signpost it constantly in your sarcastic bullshit posts. You want everyone to know but you are too much of a pussy to say it. Its transparent and boring. 

Fortunately I only read him when somebody quotes him or I forget to sign in.

I've never seen so many likes as on your post!

• Like 5

Spurs want 150 million for Kane (who is 28 next month)..... Let that sink in, not sure how long he has left on his contract assume he signed a new one recently.  

I know ings only has a year or so left on his contract and is some way behind Kane, how far ahead is Kane in terms of ability? I don't see a £100 million odd difference? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Spurs want 150 million for Kane (who is 28 next month)..... Let that sink in, not sure how long he has left on his contract assume he signed a new one recently.  

I know ings only has a year or so left on his contract and is some way behind Kane, how far ahead is Kane in terms of ability? I don't see a £100 million odd difference? 

Kane has 3 years left on his contract, which makes a huge difference. Only having a year left puts the selling club in a very difficult position and the player's value falls off a cliff.

Edited by Matthew Le God

56 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Totally different sorts of players, but the main difference is that Kane has performed consistently over a prolonged period of time.

Guaranteed 20 goals a year every singe year, international goal scorer, European goal scorer. He's on a different level to Ings if we're honest. I don't agree with the £150m valuation myself, but for a player with his record and top level exposure it's probably the going price nowadays (which makes a mockery of the so called COVID football finance crash)

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Totally different sorts of players, but the main difference is that Kane has performed consistently over a prolonged period of time.

Guaranteed 20 goals a year every singe year, international goal scorer, European goal scorer. He's on a different level to Ings if we're honest. I don't agree with the £150m valuation myself, but for a player with his record and top level exposure it's probably the going price nowadays (which makes a mockery of the so called COVID football finance crash)

Can't see anyone paying £150m for Kane at 28. He'll still be worth something at 32 I'm sure, but not enough. With rare, Messi-shaped exceptions, big money like that will probably only be spent on players who are going to be under 30 by the end of their initial contract.

Only my opinion, but if Spurs get £150m for Kane, then every player they try to sign, they will suddenly find the price has gone up, simply because the selling clubs will know they have the money to spend and that they will be desperate to sign someone "decent" to replace Kane. 

14 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Only my opinion, but if Spurs get £150m for Kane, then every player they try to sign, they will suddenly find the price has gone up, simply because the selling clubs will know they have the money to spend and that they will be desperate to sign someone "decent" to replace Kane. 

Not sure about that, Spurs know exactly how to play the market, unsettle a player and via the agent get them to force through a move especially targeting players nearly out of contract, textbook from Wanyama and Hojberg can be followed. 

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Kane is in the top two best centre forwards in world football. 

Ings is probably in top 7-8 strikers in PL.

There’s a huge difference.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Appy said:

Kane is in the top two best centre forwards in world football. 

Ings is probably in top 7-8 strikers in PL.

There’s a huge difference.

Maybe it’s me but Ings off the bench is a no brainer ... he has pace and attacks .... not sure South Gate got it right 

14 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Kane has 3 years left on his contract, which makes a huge difference. Only having a year left puts the selling club in a very difficult position and the player's value falls off a cliff.

Only having a year left on a contract should only be a disadvantage if there is only one suitor. If say both Tottenham and Man City decide Ing’s is the man for them, the highest bid gets.....

1 hour ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Only having a year left on a contract should only be a disadvantage if there is only one suitor. If say both Tottenham and Man City decide Ing’s is the man for them, the highest bid gets.....

Not if Ings has his eye set on a club a la Hojbjerg when that was the case between Everton and Spurs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, London Saint 82 said:

Maybe it’s me but Ings off the bench is a no brainer ... he has pace and attacks .... not sure South Gate got it right 

But can he deputise at right back if required ? If not he fails the acid test.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wonder if Rafa might want Ings at Everton? Apparently wanted him while at Newcastle. 

Maybe. Why Ings would want to go to Everton though I have no idea, moving from one midtable team to another and potentially spending most of his time on the bench watching DCL play.

1 minute ago, Cartman said:

Maybe. Why Ings would want to go to Everton though I have no idea, moving from one midtable team to another and potentially spending most of his time on the bench watching DCL play.

The history of the dugouts may sway him.

• Haha 2

Still a strange move, it sideways or maybe a gradual incline at best. Everton are nowhere near challenging for anything. I think it’s a top 4 club or he stays IMO. He’ll be it’s highest earner, seems to enjoy playing for the club and his family is here, don’t think he’ll move unless it’s a chance to challenge for trophies and Champs league, which realistically is Utd, City, Chelsea or back to Liverpool.  I don’t think pool is an option and the other 3 are going for higher profile targets, so it will come down to how far they get on their list. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Still a strange move, it sideways or maybe a gradual incline at best. Everton are nowhere near challenging for anything. I think it’s a top 4 club or he stays IMO. He’ll be it’s highest earner, seems to enjoy playing for the club and his family is here, don’t think he’ll move unless it’s a chance to challenge for trophies and Champs league, which realistically is Utd, City, Chelsea or back to Liverpool.  I don’t think pool is an option and the other 3 are going for higher profile targets, so it will come down to how far they get on their list. 

I’m inclined to agree with this. I think he’ll probably sign for another couple of years, but not until it’s clear one of those doesn’t want him.

Which is fair enough and also good on SFC for being patient.

27 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

would club be posting this if there was any chance of Ings leaving this summer?

Probably if there was some chance. Does point to the fact we don't expect him too. Especially since it is also 2 years since Che and they could easily of made something like this about him.

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

would club be posting this if there was any chance of Ings leaving this summer?

I am going to say that this is a promising sign that he is staying. 

But still easy to be cynical and think this is just for the "we did everything we could" mitigation dossier.

Nothing has changed. Unless someone (Spurs) pays us what we value him (and not what they want to pay) for the last year of his contract, he will see out his contract. Not sure that social media post points to anything. The idea the club is conning fans is madness and do fans really make a decision on a ST purchase based on whether a star player stays or goes?  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

The idea the club is conning fans is madness and do fans really make a decision on a ST purchase based on whether a star player stays or goes?  

Apparently some do.

Remember the fuss when Keegan left? I think that was after the renewal deadline.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

He's probably decided to stay as nobody seems to be interested in him. 

Nothing will happen either way while the Euros are still going. Kane may or may not move, Ings would be a sensible replacement for him for a year while they look for a more permanent replacement.

I think other clubs interest won’t become known until the merry go round is nearly finished late in the window. Kane, Haaland, possibly Messi, Lukaku, Isak etc … once we know where they’re all playing we’ll know who needs a striker (maybe desperately) and who has money left.

48 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

He's probably decided to stay as nobody seems to be interested in him. 

I think it will be more nobody of a sufficient calibre is both interested in him and will promise him first team football. I think that's why we have always been quietly confident we'd hold him. From reports, he wants someone of United, City, Chelsea level and wants to be first choice which may be a little beyond him. He would be a great buy as back up for a club of that size or to start for Everton/West Ham/Leicester but he wants a bigger jump in order to leave us.

I also think that if he's not in a front two he would be better as an inside forward than a 9, playing more of a Salah style role. Just my opinion on that one though.

Edited by TWar

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Not sure that social media post points to anything. The idea the club is conning fans is madness and do fans really make a decision on a ST purchase based on whether a star player stays or goes?  

Yep I think there is more to it than you think.

I have a Spurs mate who said all the talks with Conte was happening around Spurs season ticket holder renewals day, and as soon as that was finished the next day Conte talks were over 😄

Just imagine we'd all seen Ings as the poster boy for our 2021/22 kits too, it would give a better indication in my opinion whether he is staying or not in comparison to the dead silence.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Nothing has changed. Unless someone (Spurs) pays us what we value him (and not what they want to pay) for the last year of his contract, he will see out his contract. Not sure that social media post points to anything. The idea the club is conning fans is madness and do fans really make a decision on a ST purchase based on whether a star player stays or goes?  

27 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Yep I think there is more to it than you think.

I have a Spurs mate who said all the talks with Conte was happening around Spurs season ticket holder renewals day, and as soon as that was finished the next day Conte talks were over 😄

Just imagine we'd all seen Ings as the poster boy for our 2021/22 kits too, it would give a better indication in my opinion whether he is staying or not in comparison to the dead silence.

its West Ham's default each year - lots of news about exciting signings and a War chest to compete then nowt after season tickets sales 

:toppa:

21 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Seeing out his contract and then see how much financial greed he can get out of contract ala Burnley.

Whilst Bertrand has earned his free status, Ings hasnt.

May be one of the stranger posts I've seen on here for a while

When i see this thread title I chuckle and wonder does Danny Ings wonders if @SuperSAINT will renew his forum membership this season so he can keep sharing news danny can read.

Danny Ings cannot go into his last season and risk injury with his previous form, he needs it sorted this summer with us or elsewhere which means cash.

Everyone is currently waiting for the music to stop so they can rush for the players they fancy.

4 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

Apparently some do.

Remember the fuss when Keegan left? I think that was after the renewal deadline.

That was almost the eve of the season. What annoyed me particularly that Keegan had said he owed us another season due to the games he missed through injury. Not that it affected my decision to renew at the time anyway.

I’d more reckon the media department needs something to do and Ings has been  amongst the few positive things they could highlight in the last few years.

I don’t think we will know either way until nearer the end of the window, as said before I think he is the back back up option for any club he’d move to. 

23 hours ago, Chez said:

The idea the club is conning fans is madness and do fans really make a decision on a ST purchase based on whether a star player stays or goes?  

Yeah because the club would never talk utter bullcrap until season ticket deadline day to con fans.
image.png.a4945ab8ff68321bb53aa71fee3161b7.png

Also, wait, we signed vestergard for £22.5m?!?!? According to trasnfermarket he is our record signing 😅 with Ings and Carillo just south of £20m.

Edited by Saint86

29 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Yeah because the club would never talk utter bullcrap until season ticket deadline day to con fans.
image.png.a4945ab8ff68321bb53aa71fee3161b7.png

Also, wait, we signed vestergard for £22.5m?!?!? According to trasnfermarket he is our record signing 😅 with Ings and Carillo just south of £20m.

Transfermarkt isn't very reliable when it comes to historical £ denominated transfer fees. Being a German site, the fees are all registered in euros and conversions are made using the current exchange rate, so to get the correct £ figure you have to look up the fee in euros and the exchange rate at the time of the transfer.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings