Danny Ings

sisi1992

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Spurs won’t be seeing Champions League football anytime soon. Without Kane and with Nuno at the helm they will slip comfortably into that 6-9th band.

I do hope so. Can't stand the twonks.

• Like 3

Before all the contract drama I would have loved him to stay. I know for a club like us he will very difficult to replace but I would rather he went now.

It is great when you have a player at the club who clearly loves the team they are playing for. Just for a brief moment it felt like we had that with Danny, just as we had with Rickie Lambert some time ago. For a while, perhaps it was even a little bit more special seeing a local lad that had come home and find his form again. But I guess, even if he is or at one time was a Saints fan, his aim for success is greater than loyalty. I know Danny and his agent are doing what is best for him financially. They believe he has the chance to play European Cup / Champions League football and maybe win medals. As a fan I don't take it personally as it is just business these days. But I also can't deny as a fan it isn't just a little bit disappointing. 

I do think the sad thing now would be no-one coming in for him and so he reluctantly accepts our offer as being the best he can get. If he stays and signs a new contract what kind of player will we have on our hands? Over the last few seasons he had something to prove. I suppose If he gets his way with the speculated 20m release clause in his contract nothing will change his attitude and motivation. But then it almost feels pointless him signing the contract as he is still playing for a move. Plus the club will still only get the same kind of money we hope to get for him now if a bid came in afterwards. If some how we got him to sign with no release clause, then what? Would we have a player who is slightly unmotivated and disappointed to be here? That would be good for no one.

If he did end up signing a new Saints contract now it would feel a bit insincere. We would get standard club video bigging him up for staying. Then Danny would say something like "It was never about the money or wanting to move on. I've always been happy here." Maybe that bending of the truth won't matter to most, but we will all know secretly he will be disappointed he didn't get his last big move. So I hope he and his agent get the move they both clearly want and hopefully Saints get a decent fee. Then there is just the small matter of wisely reinvesting the money on a replacement. 

Edited by Saint J 77
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, Saint J 77 said:

Before all the contract drama I would have loved him to stay. I know for a club like us he will very difficult to replace but I would rather he went now.

It is great when you have a player at the club who clearly loves the team they are playing for. Just for a brief moment it felt like we had that with Danny, just as we had with Rickie Lambert some time ago. For a while, perhaps it was even a little bit more special seeing a local lad that had come home and find his form again. But I guess, even if he is or at one time was a Saints fan, his aim for success is greater than loyalty. I know Danny and his agent are doing what is best for him financially. They believe he has the chance to play European Cup / Champions League football and maybe win medals. As a fan I don't take it personally as it is just business these days. But I also can't deny as a fan it isn't just a little bit disappointing. 

I do think the sad thing now would be no-one coming in for him and so he reluctantly accepts our offer as being the best he can get. If he stays and signs a new contract what kind of player will we have on our hands? Over the last few seasons he had something to prove. I suppose If he gets his way with the speculated 20m release clause in his contract nothing will change his attitude and motivation. But then it almost feels pointless him signing the contract as he is still playing for a move. Plus the club will still only get the same kind of money we hope to get for him now if a bid came in afterwards. If some how we got him to sign with no release clause, then what? Would we have a player who is slightly unmotivated and disappointed to be here? That would be good for no one.

If he did end up signing a new Saints contract now it would feel a bit insincere. We would get standard club video bigging him up for staying. Then Danny would say something like "It was never about the money or wanting to move on. I've always been happy here." Maybe that bending of the truth won't matter to most, but we will all know secretly he will be disappointed he didn't get his last big move. So I hope he and his agent get the move they both clearly want and hopefully Saints get a decent fee. Then there is just the small matter of wisely reinvesting the money on a replacement. 

Totally agree with every word.

I was thinking of writing something like this myself but you’ve worded it brilliantly for me.

Shame we can’t plan on ahead while Danny makes up his mind. Not the best way to approach a new season is it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint J 77 said:

I respectfully disagree with this. If he's really only interested in a Champions League club and ends up turning down big contracts from teams like Spurs and West Ham, then actually that shows a lot of loyalty to us. 

And he can have ambition but still be motivated to play for us if the big move doesn't work out. Look at someone like Theo, his big club days are behind him but he still shows plenty of commitment. He's not disappointed to be here, and I think Ings can adjust his expectations if that's how things work out for him too.

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I respectfully disagree with this. If he's really only interested in a Champions League club and ends up turning down big contracts from teams like Spurs and West Ham, then actually that shows a lot of loyalty to us. 

And he can have ambition but still be motivated to play for us if the big move doesn't work out. Look at someone like Theo, his big club days are behind him but he still shows plenty of commitment. He's not disappointed to be here, and I think Ings can adjust his expectations if that's how things work out for him too.

I agree with this. No problem if he’s testing the waters to see if a champs league club is interested but if not then happy to sign with Saints.

It’s worthwhile for him to see if there is interest.

Edited by OttawaSaint

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

I agree with this. No problem if he’s testing the waters to see if a champs league club is interested but if not then happy to sign with Saints.

It’s worthwhile for him to see if there is interest.

The problem with this though is that what if this big club that Danny wants doesn’t come in for him until deadline day? Then we will have no time to replace adequately (as adequately as we can anyway).

• Like 1

Just now, MAY-Z said:

The problem with this though is that what if this big club that Danny wants doesn’t come in for him until deadline day? Then we will have no time to replace adequately (as adequately as we can anyway).

Yes that would suck for us but it’s a trap that people outside of football fall into all the time. They love their job but get offered a new one with better pay, benefits etc but don’t go because they feel bad for their current employers putting them in a bind. Trouble is, everyone is replaceable and HR wouldn’t show you the same loyalty. 

Danny is entitled to look out for #1 just like the club would do if Danny had a sustained drop in form and didn’t score many goals.

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Yes that would suck for us but it’s a trap that people outside of football fall into all the time. They love their job but get offered a new one with better pay, benefits etc but don’t go because they feel bad for their current employers putting them in a bind. Trouble is, everyone is replaceable and HR wouldn’t show you the same loyalty. 

Danny is entitled to look out for #1 just like the club would do if Danny had a sustained drop in form and didn’t score many goals.

Big difference to the outside that you are comparing it too, if for instance your production manager leaves for something he feels is better, there isn’t a production manager transfer window that stops the business getting another production manger for 6 months, or forces the business to sign a production manager that day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MAY-Z said:

Big difference to the outside that you are comparing it too, if for instance your production manager leaves for something he feels is better, there isn’t a production manager transfer window that stops the business getting another production manger for 6 months, or forces the business to sign a production manager that day

Good point. 

6 hours ago, Saint J 77 said:

But you are assuming if he stays he will be unmotivated,  he has not shown it yet for Saints, and he has a chance at the world cup squad! Those are more positive things to think about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

But you are assuming if he stays he will be unmotivated,  he has not shown it yet for Saints, and he has a chance at the world cup squad! Those are more positive things to think about.

Are we just going to forget that There was large parts of last season where he was absolutely rubbish and looked completely disinterested, Throwing his hands about, being stroppy? 

It’s pretty much the reason why he didn’t get into the euro squad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SKD said:

Are we just going to forget that There was large parts of last season where he was absolutely rubbish and looked completely disinterested, Throwing his hands about, being stroppy? 

Yep. Last season he had a euro place to play for, and either a new deal with us or putting himself in the shop window, but he looked like he'd rather be on the beach. If that wasn't enough motivation I'm not sure what is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MAY-Z said:

It's up to the club to set a deadline before the real deadline and make sure Danny and other clubs know we won't sell after that point

• Like 3

1 hour ago, egg said:

Yep. Last season he had a euro place to play for, and either a new deal with us or putting himself in the shop window, but he looked like he'd rather be on the beach. If that wasn't enough motivation I'm not sure what is. 

I think that's a subjective interpretation. I read it that he was struggling to get back to form after injury and getting frustrated as a result. Because he wants to do well

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I think that's a subjective interpretation. I read it that he was struggling to get back to form after injury and getting frustrated as a result. Because he wants to do well

Sure, we all see it differently. Let's see how is in pre season, although comments from the Cardiff game suggest that he's carried on from where he left off.

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It's up to the club to set a deadline before the real deadline and make sure Danny and other clubs know we won't sell after that point

Indeed. You would need to be criminally incompetent to allow your main striker to leave on the last day of the window without sorting out a replacement. Ings has behaved like a model professional (unlike certain other players who have fancied a move to a big club) and to infer that his form has dipped because he wants out is utter nonsense. Any professional athlete who aims to perform to the best of their ability is bound to look pissed off if it is not working for them. The PL is a very demanding platform and players need to be in peak condition to perform at their best.

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Indeed. You would need to be criminally incompetent to allow your main striker to leave on the last day of the window without sorting out a replacement. Ings has behaved like a model professional (unlike certain other players who have fancied a move to a big club) and to infer that his form has dipped because he wants out is utter nonsense. Any professional athlete who aims to perform to the best of their ability is bound to look pissed off if it is not working for them. The PL is a very demanding platform and players need to be in peak condition to perform at their best.

It’s not ‘utter nonsense’, at all. 

It’s fairly obvious that he (more so his agent), has been in discussions about a transfer with other clubs. Some very big ‘dream move’ / one big pay day, type clubs.

If that was you, especially given his injury record, it’d be in the back of your mind that you may want to just get through the season without injury which may prevent a move to said clubs. 

Subconsciously you may not give that extra 1% or make that extra run and of course, you’d be thinking I’m too good for this shit when we’re losing game after game. 

His performance dropped off a cliff when transfer speculation picked up. That’s a fact. It could be down to a number of factors, although seemingly didn’t have issues finding form after injuries previously. 

Im just pointing out that some of his performances second half of the season were dismal. To me, it came across like he wasn’t arsed. Let’s be honest, if he wanted to be here her have signed a contract. 

4 minutes ago, SKD said:

It’s not ‘utter nonsense’, at all. 

It’s fairly obvious that he (more so his agent), has been in discussions about a transfer with other clubs. Some very big ‘dream move’ / one big pay day, type clubs.

If that was you, especially given his injury record, it’d be in the back of your mind that you may want to just get through the season without injury which may prevent a move to said clubs. 

Subconsciously you may not give that extra 1% or make that extra run and of course, you’d be thinking I’m too good for this shit when we’re losing game after game. 

His performance dropped off a cliff when transfer speculation picked up. That’s a fact. It could be down to a number of factors, although seemingly didn’t have issues finding form after injuries previously. 

Im just pointing out that some of his performances second half of the season were dismal. To me, it came across like he wasn’t arsed. Let’s be honest, if he wanted to be here her have signed a contract. 

I think you are probably wrong Ings just wants to see if he can get a better deal at a better club which most reasonable people have no issue with 

Have you never wanted to leave your current job and try to get a better one it is so common 

2 minutes ago, John B said:

I think you are probably wrong Ings just wants to see if he can get a better deal at a better club which most reasonable people have no issue with 

Have you never wanted to leave your current job and try to get a better one it is so common 

He’s been offered a better deal?

He’s been offered a huge pay rise which would make him highest paid player at the club. He is apparently very happy with the deal. Money’s not the issue. 

11 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Exactly this. He could very well just be looking after himself by keeping his options open for a dream move to a bigger club and top level football.... Which is fair enough given his ability level, age, and injury record... and with a world cup next year after missing the squad this summer.

Think some of our fans need to get their heads screwed on when they're wishing he'd leave etc. If he stays and signs a new contract thats great. The guy would have won golden boot 2 seasons ago if he'd taken a few penalties, as it is he missed out on it by 1 goal to a guy who did score several penalties.

If he runs his contract down or ends up leaving saints for a comparable wage and a team like west ham/Everton/arsenal/spurs, then yean, looks like an almost sideways move and he just wants the money. But if he goes to a champions league team then do our fan's really blame him? At the moment its too early to tell which scenario is true so you have to wait and see.

I don't think he'll run his contract down anyway. If he has any desire to go to the world cup then he needs a great season, and he'll only get that being the main man in an attack and giving his all - the last thing he'll want is another extended period on the side-lines at this stage in his career (with his injury record) and no long term security.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Exactly this. He could very well just be looking after himself by keeping his options open for a dream move to a bigger club and top level football.... Which is fair enough given his ability level, age, and injury record... and with a world cup next year after missing the squad this summer.

Think some of our fans need to get their heads screwed on when they're wishing he'd leave etc. If he stays and signs a new contract thats great. The guy would have won golden boot 2 seasons ago if he'd taken a few penalties, as it is he missed out on it by 1 goal to a guy who did score several penalties.

If he runs his contract down or ends up leaving saints for a comparable wage and a team like west ham/Everton/arsenal/spurs, then yean, looks like an almost sideways move and he just wants the money. But if he goes to a champions league team then do our fan's really blame him? At the moment its too early to tell which scenario is true so you have to wait and see.

I don't think he'll run his contract down anyway. If he has any desire to go to the world cup then he needs a great season, and he'll only get that being the main man in an attack and giving his all - the last thing he'll want is another extended period on the side-lines at this stage in his career (with his injury record) and no long term security.

None of those clubs would be a sidewards move. They’re all above us in terms of what they can offer on and off the pitch. All bigger clubs as well. Arsenal and Tottenham, despite a bad season are clearly much, much bigger than us and would be a good move for him. 

The only thing we can offer than those clubs perhaps couldn’t is closer to his family (although not really the case for the London clubs) and he’s the main man here, by and large the best player. 

If he doesn’t get a move to a Manchester club, he’ll then look at the likes of Arsenal/ Tottenham. If that doesn’t come off, he’ll look at the likes of Everton (can’t see this due to Liverpool connection) / West Ham. 

My guess is that he’ll end up at city (late on in the window if they don’t get Kane) or Tottenham (when they sale Kane). 

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

He’s been offered a better deal?

He’s been offered a huge pay rise which would make him highest paid player at the club. He is apparently very happy with the deal. Money’s not the issue. 

So why are you so against him going to a better club with more prospects and less chance of being in a relegation fight and getting abuse from fans when things go wrong

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, John B said:

So why are you so against him going to a better club with more prospects and less chance of being in a relegation fight and getting abuse from fans when things go wrong

What are you going on about? When have I said I’m against it?

If I was in his shoes (and being a bigger Saints fan than he supposedly is), I’d jump ship at the earliest opportunity... we’re a shambles of a club at the moment and unless taken over sharpish, we’re only going one way. 

29 minutes ago, SKD said:

What are you going on about? When have I said I’m against it?

If I was in his shoes (and being a bigger Saints fan than he supposedly is), I’d jump ship at the earliest opportunity... we’re a shambles of a club at the moment and unless taken over sharpish, we’re only going one way. 

Please explain your reasoning for saying we are a shambles. Not necessarily disagreeing just curious what aspects you reg a rd as a shambles. 

My instinct is Ings is staying. It doesn’t appear any real bids from big clubs have come in. They have the money to buy him now so no need to wait. Also interesting that Ralph seems to have updated his priorities for signings. All points to Ings staying.

10 minutes ago, Scallysaint said:

My instinct is Ings is staying. It doesn’t appear any real bids from big clubs have come in. They have the money to buy him now so no need to wait. Also interesting that Ralph seems to have updated his priorities for signings. All points to Ings staying.

To me it all points towards waiting for a definitive outcome on what happens with Harry Kane (and possibly Erling Haaland & Tammy Abraham) and the knock-on impact of that for various teams.

I don't think Ings or Saints will have a strong indication at this point of what will happen.

Also, if there are no offers then Ings may opt to wait until next summer when he is a free agent and would be very much in demand. That would be the worst outcome for Saints.

Edited by Dusic

I don't think club is in shambles, we have almost 2 players in every position barring fullbacks and centre midfield at the moment, but I am worried about our squad quality and very much fear we continue this season in the same vein we ended last season.

Anyways, back to Ings, I'd prefer to sell than have him run down his contract. If he isn't playing at 100% for us, and we blindly assume he will, without his goal contributions there is every danger we go down. For Ings, apart from supporting us it means nothing, he will be able to jump ship.

I'd like club to muster up something and just buy his replacement now regardless of whether he stays or goes this season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Please explain your reasoning for saying we are a shambles. Not necessarily disagreeing just curious what aspects you reg a rd as a shambles. 

We’ve progressively reduced the quality within our squad for a number of years now, we’re riddled with debt and losing money season upon season, to the point where we can’t even spend £20m on a player to improve said squad. 

Last season we won about 3 games in 20, it was that bad I’ve forgotten how many. 

Those around us are improving and we’re getting worse. We’re heading towards relegation. 

No leadership from the owner. An owner who wants out; but no one wants to buy us. 

A number of highly paid players who we’ve had to loan out season upon season and/or get rid for next to nothing. 

not a dig at those running the club, I think given the circumstances are doing the best they can, with their hands tied behind their back. 

Edited by SKD

1 minute ago, SKD said:

We’ve progressively reduced the quality within our squad for a number of years now, we’re riddled with debt and losing money season upon season, to the point where we can’t even spend £20m on a player to improve said squad. 

Last season we won about 3 games in 20, it was that bad I’ve forgotten how many. 

Those around us are improving and we’re getting worse. We’re heading towards relegation. 

No leadership from the owner. 

not a dig at those running the club, I think given the circumstances are doing the best they can, with their hands tied behind their back. 

Who around us are improving? 

Newcastle have signed nobody, Palace have lost half their team/their manager and face a race against time to get signings in before the season starts. Brighton are losing their best defender and may lose Bissouma also. Wolves have done no real business/lost their manager and theres talk Neves is on his way also. Burnley just plod along doing little to no business of note. Then you've got the three promoted clubs who will have a difficult time staying up. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Who around us are improving? 

Newcastle have signed nobody, Palace have lost half their team/their manager and face a race against time to get signings in before the season starts. Brighton are losing their best defender and may lose Bissouma also. Wolves have done no real business/lost their manager and theres talk Neves is on his way also. Burnley just plod along doing little to no business of note. Then you've got the three promoted clubs who will have a difficult time staying up. 

Indeed. I think a lot of people have forgotten we're in a pandemic which has hurt most clubs' finances and changed the market. There may well be less signings and any signings that are made may well be cheaper

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

Charlie, we know you really rate Ings or maybe are in his camp and I’m as pissed off at the deteriorating state of SFC as you are, but as I’ve written in here before with his injury history he is taking an equal risk letting his contract run down.

Because if gets another serious injury he will be getting free access to Staplewood in 2022 to recuperate, at best. No contract. If he avoids injury, he will get a good wedge signing on as back up somewhere else but at best it will be like Owen at ManU eg cameos or at worst, back to where he was at Liverpool eg competing with the likes of Origi and Minamino for 8 games a season. I don’t think Levy will go for Ings to replace Kane, he would never be allowed back in the stadium. Danny was brilliant and top 4 quality in 20/21 but post Villa injury and COVID he was very poor bar the odd goal in second half of last season.

So were most of the team tbf but Adams outshone him as a footballer and with a bit more composure should have scored a few more. Danny is still the better finisher but needs to be fitter.

That’s the reality of it. Tbh I’d rather sell him to Everton or West Ham if he actually he wants to play football as he isn’t going to sign on at SFC. Be a more realistic move for him if not just about the money.

For Saints, I’d take a risk and sign Armstrong on the basis either Vesty or Ings are going and say to Danny ‘if you want to compete with Adam and Che this year you are welcome but they are first choice’. Gentle encouragement out of the door as he isn’t seeming to sign a new deal.

Edited by saint1977

4 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I agree. Worst case scenario is an offer accepted at 10pm on deadline day, then us scrambling around in the final hour trying to agree a deal for Armstrong (or similar).

I suggest that no offer by 15th August, we declare him unsellable, offer him a contract on terms he has to agree to by 31st August. 

38 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Indeed. I think a lot of people have forgotten we're in a pandemic which has hurt most clubs' finances and changed the market. There may well be less signings and any signings that are made may well be cheaper

I'd be worried if we werent trying to address the gaps in our squad, but its clear we are trying and theres been plenty of links. I still expect us to make another 2 signings but they may come near the end of the window when the market develops. Other teams will likely be leaving it late also

19 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

I agree. Worst case scenario is an offer accepted at 10pm on deadline day, then us scrambling around in the final hour trying to agree a deal for Armstrong (or similar).

I suggest that no offer by 15th August, we declare him unsellable, offer him a contract on terms he has to agree to by 31st August. 

He was offered a contract in January, which he hasn’t signed. Why do you think giving him a hard deadline of end of August will make any difference 😂

1 minute ago, SKD said:

He was offered a contract in January, which he hasn’t signed. Why do you think giving him a hard deadline of end of August will make any difference 😂

I was saying the offer has to be taken off the table. How would you feel if during the season, he gets injured, realises he isn't going to get his dream move, and so says to saints "ok guys, get me a pen, I'll sign your contract at £120k (guessing) a week". Would that be okay for you? It wouldn't for me. We get to fund his medical time out and still have to pay an inflated wage. At some point, we need a YES from him, and not when he is crocked, as he has no other option.

Just now, the saint in winchester said:

I was saying the offer has to be taken off the table. How would you feel if during the season, he gets injured, realises he isn't going to get his dream move, and so says to saints "ok guys, get me a pen, I'll sign your contract at £120k (guessing) a week". Would that be okay for you? It wouldn't for me. We get to fund his medical time out and still have to pay an inflated wage. At some point, we need a YES from him, and not when he is crocked, as he has no other option.

Clearly, if he got a serious injury, we’d take the contract away or at the very least amend the terms. 

the club, need to make a decision. If it’s not signed by x date, which it won’t be, do we sale at a reduced cost in January or take the hit and keep him until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, SKD said:

No leadership from the owner. An owner who wants out; but no one wants to buy us. 

A number of highly paid players who we’ve had to loan out season upon season and/or get rid for next to nothing. 

not a dig at those running the club, I think given the circ doing the best they can, with their hands tied behind their back. 

Not a dig, NOT A DIG? you have had so many digs you could have made the Chunnel twice over. IF only you believed your last paragraph you wrote. Your many previous post tends to differ. 

Hiel SKD......

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, SKD said:

He got injured and came back when not fully fit. His lack of fitness meant he wasn't as sharp, failed to control some `difficult' balls, when previously he was able to, and the chances were lost. He showed frustration at himself for his body not letting him do what he had before. He wasn't good in that period, you are right there, but saying he was `completely disinterested' is inaccurate IMO. As a collective we were fucking terrible and every player wanting to win ought to have looked fed up and very annoyed. If you don't care, are not interested, then you don't show frustration and throw your hands up. he wanted to win, wanted to play better. Thats my take any way.

I've seen a disinterested Saints player - Nigel fucking Quashie standing on the half way line with his hands on hips at Loftus road watching us concede without bothering to track back. He left for WBA two days later. Not a strop, no hands thrown in the air, nothing. He could not give a fuck. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

I've seen a disinterested Saints player - Nigel fucking Quashie standing on the half way line with his hands on hips at Loftus road watching us concede without bothering to track back. He left for WBA two days later. Not a strop, no hands thrown in the air, nothing. He could not give a fuck. 

Lemina vs Chelsea @ Wembley

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SKD said:

Clearly, if he got a serious injury, we’d take the contract away or at the very least amend the terms. 

the club, need to make a decision. If it’s not signed by x date, which it won’t be, do we sale at a reduced cost in January or take the hit and keep him until the end of the season. 

until someone makes us an offer, we don't have any decision to make and that remains the case until his contract expires.

I've said it a few times. If he doesn't sign a deal with us, which he hasn't and it doesn't look like he ever will, then the club simply can't afford for him to walk on a free. If an offer comes in, its simply a case of what do we hold out for. Whats the lowest we will accept. Buying clubs know this and have us over a barrel.

The only situation that brings things back into our favour is if the buyer is Spurs, and they just sold Kane, and have little time to replace him, and Ings is their man. We then can drive a better bargain.  

7 minutes ago, angelman said:

Lemina vs Chelsea @ Wembley

was there anything like that from Ings? I dont think so. I saw him play poorly, have a bad game, but I didn't see a lack of effort, just a lack of fitness and his touch elude him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Seems like Spurs are looking elsewhere? Usually when they want one of our players, the leaks to the press are incessant...

Tottenham want to partner Harry Kane with Fiorentina's £50m rated Dusan Vlahovic and are also interested in Crotone forward Simy (Daily Telegraph). 

They have to throw some alternative options into the mix to show that they can walk away from an Ings transfer negotiation. If it becomes obvious they only want Ings, then we can drive a slightly harder bargain. 

Considering the quality of the goals Ings has scored against Spurs in particular, I'd be very surprised if was not  their number 1 target, all be it they may be signing two strikers not just one.

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

was there anything like that from Ings? I dont think so. I saw him play poorly, have a bad game, but I didn't see a lack of effort, just a lack of fitness and his touch elude him.

It was to be expected from people like Lemina. Ings is 10x the professional that idiot is. 

It’s all relative, shall I say disinterested for him. To me it seemed like he coasted through a few games and his attitude / body language left a lot to be desired.

I suspect it was a combination of his desire to leave for a bigger club, frustration about lack of opportunities and us being utter garbage. Plus perhaps not being 100% fit. 

To me, that injury against Villa really knocked him. He was absolutely flying, had just stuck one in the top corner and stood there like he was the king of the world, and then he gets another knee injury. You could see for the rest of the season, the frustration he had that he was no longer at that peak anymore. It knocked him for six. I didn’t see any lack of effort, just frustration, with himself and with the team. It’s so easy to say a player who isn’t playing well has had his head turned, but I didn’t see anything to suggest that at all.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings