Danny Ings

sisi1992

On 30/07/2021 at 13:29, East Kent Saint said:

His motivation was approval by the dictators in charge to invest in football and get a toe in the money go round with the kudos of football success , they decided that too much money was being exported from China so blocked money transfers . GAO then had to fund the purchase of Saints by borrowing money outside of China . He is now in a bind . The dictators are suggesting that selling at a loss would be a loss of face so Gao could well end up in prison if he does sell out. You couldn’t make it up but it is how it is so we are stuck .

What I've never understood is, if the powers that be in China didn't want money leaving China for another English football club, why did he continue to buy the club using his own money? If they didn't want more clubs, why buy one, and why invest in one you couldn't really afford? Why didn't he just back out?

I guess it matter little. 

On 31/07/2021 at 13:39, Chez said:

What I've never understood is, if the powers that be in China didn't want money leaving China for another English football club, why did he continue to buy the club using his own money? If they didn't want more clubs, why buy one, and why invest in one you couldn't really afford? Why didn't he just back out?

I guess it matter little. 

Exactly. By using a loan sourced from outside PRC wasn't he explicitly going against the wishes of the Chinese govt? The whole 'currying favor' theory has never made sense on that basis. Far more likely that he was trying to move money out/establish a source of wealth somewhere democratic.

• Like 1

Just now, Saints foreva said:

Yeah he can get fucked. 

Ralph and Semmens look like absolute mugs by saying he won't be sold too. 

My hunch here is that Villa have just offered us absolutely ridiculous money, because they're getting excited with the Grealish fortune. Just my hunch.

Think this will be a good deal financially, but all a bit shit squad wise.

My mate just messaged me and I said fuck off.

Then he shows me the tweets and everything. 

Wow no one had an inkling. He has followed the money then, nothing to do with trophies. 

If we have received £30m for a player with 1 year left and no intention of staying with us, I'm all for it. He was never gonna give us 100%.

Let's spend wisely, it is a huge gap to fill but I'm confident we can address it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nta786 said:

If we have received £30m for a player with 1 year left and no intention of staying with us, I'm all for it. He was never gonna give us 100%.

Let's spend wisely, it is a huge gap to fill but I'm confident we can address it. 

Yep. A half arsed player who could walk free next year is no good. Take the money and reinvest. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Not sure saints wanted Vila to announce it yet. The tweet from saints saying offer accepted rather than Ings signing is a bit odd and looks like a quick tweet posted as the Vila announcement wasn't planned 

Well Dean Smith has already said a few words apparently - this has gone through officially!

Stupid question, but does Ings have to agree personal terms to move or can we just accept an offer whether he likes it or not? Certainly a great deal for us if £30M! Interested to know if he's made a U-turn in wanting to join a top club or it was always just about the $$$. Haven't a seen any quotes from him yet...

Credit to Villa though where it's due, they have made a good offer without pissing about. Rather Ings goes like this than after a month of haggling and deisory bids teasing it out (Mr Levy).

Thanks for the one good season Danny, hope the treatment room is to your liking for two  of your three years at Villa.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 2

I was hoping, as a supposed Saints fan, he would only leave for Champions League so it's very surprising and disappointing to find he's refused our contract to make him our highest ever paid (so I imagine minimum £100k p/w) in favour of a move to a mid table team in Villa.

Still, suddenly we find ourselves with a pretty large transfer budget with £30m (minus whatever Liverpool get) coming in and Ings' wages off the bill. Could be an exciting August but we have to get it right!

Edited by Disco Stu

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. A half arsed player who could walk free next year is no good. Take the money and reinvest. 

It’s a good deal. Surprised there were no leaks or rumours at all. Hopefully can spend all the money and bring a couple of decent players in. Let’s remember he had one outstanding season and two injury my hit ones so with a a year left it’s a good deal provided we spend the money well

Edited by Turkish

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings - Official: Signs for Villa
1 minute ago, 23rdSaint said:

Stupid question, but does Ings have to agree personal terms to move or can we just accept an offer whether he likes it or not? Certainly a great deal for us if £30M! Interested to know if he's made a U-turn in wanting to join a top club or it was always just about the $$$. Haven't a seen any quotes from him yet...

We can accept all the offers we want but a player has to agree to go as well. If he didn't want to go to Villa he wouldn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I was hoping, as a supposed Saints fan, he would only leave for Champions League so it's very surprising and disappointing to find he's refused our contract to make him our highest every paid (so I imagine minimum £100k p/w) in favour of a move to a mid table team in Villa.

Still, suddenly we find ourselves with a pretty large transfer budget with £30m coming in and Ings' wages off the bill. Could be an exciting August but we have to get it right!

He's not a Saints fan

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings