Danny Ings

sisi1992

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

We won't be getting that after deductions don't forget Liverpool had a high sell on clause 

They had 20% of profit over £20m so they only get about £1-2m depending on how add ons work in the deal. 

I expected him to go, just wish the club would be honest for once and say if the right offer comes in we will sell, not peddle the same old bullshit of he's not for sale he's going nowhere, he will definitely be our player next season.... Same old story pure lies to the fans 

Just now, Mr X said:

I expected him to go, just wish the club would be honest for once and say if the right offer comes in we will sell, not peddle the same old bullshit of he's not for sale he's going nowhere, he will definitely be our player next season.... Same old story pure lies to the fans 

Playing hardball helps increase the price, saying he is available to other clubs... doesn't.

1 minute ago, TWar said:

They had 20% of profit over £20m so they only get about £1-2m depending on how add ons work in the deal. 

Oh that's not so bad I though it was 20% of the overall sell value 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Playing hardball helps increase the price, saying he is available to other clubs... doesn't.

Hang on, you’re the person who always claims multi million pound businesses wouldn’t be influenced by the media…. 

Which one is it? 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Hang on, you’re the person who always claims multi million pound businesses wouldn’t be influenced by the media…. 

Which one is it? 

I didn't say to the media. I said... 'saying he is available to other clubs'. Talking directly to them.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I didn't say to the media. I said... 'saying he is available to other clubs'. Talking directly to them.

Clearly Mr X was referring to being honest to the fans, which would only come From the media. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really, as Liverpool only get £2m of the £30m. Saints get £28m.

20% of the £10m profit Saints made = £2m.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-ings-liverpool-millions-breaking-21229132

If £5m of the £30m is in add-ons then presumably Liverpool will get even less?

54 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Liverpool sold Coutinho when he was their best player, how did that work out for them? 

We're talking about how it was viewed at the time, not with the benefit of hindsight.

At the time he was sold, were Liverpool fans dancing in the streets, happy that they were really going to be pushing on by selling their best player?

29 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

If £5m of the £30m is in add-ons then presumably Liverpool will get even less?

Why?

It would still be profit, so 'presumably' they would be eligible for it, but only at the point that the 'add-ons' are earned...

If, on the other hand, the add-ons are not earnt, then Liverpool would get even less, but so would we!

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why?

It would still be profit, so 'presumably' they would be eligible for it, but only at the point that the 'add-ons' are earned...

If, on the other hand, the add-ons are not earnt, then Liverpool would get even less, but so would we!

I obviously have no idea about the terms of the add-ons but I imagine they rarely get paid in full

57 minutes ago, manzo said:

We're talking about how it was viewed at the time, not with the benefit of hindsight.

At the time he was sold, were Liverpool fans dancing in the streets, happy that they were really going to be pushing on by selling their best player?

Plus they still haven’t been paid all the money yet by cash strapped Barca !

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I’m sure this got posted yesterday but thought was interesting:

Honestly not surprised, you could tell from his body language and performance his head wasn’t in it any more. 

I called this out a few weeks back and was obviously called a troll. 

Goal posts moved because he couldn’t get a top 4 club I expect. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

Honestly not surprised, you could tell from his body language and performance his head wasn’t in it any more. 

No you are right no honestly you are right we believe everything you say….we do…you’re not a troll at all but someone deep in the know. That ok?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I'm not really sure that the goalposts moved, more the veneer of the its not you its me breakup wore off. Danny wanted more than Saints would pay and he finally had to be upfront about that and drop the polite dressing of how much feeling he had for saints and how he just wanted to test himself at champions league level.

29 minutes ago, SKD said:

fire superhero GIF by South Park

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SKD said:
58 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Expand  

Even a blatant troll occasionally posts a non-trolling fact. But not often.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

That makes zero sense!

Why would his relationship with Hasenhuttl become tense?  Presumably he refused the new contract becuase he wasn't happy with the wages, the manager would have absolutely no influence over the wages on offer within new contracts.

This is just Jacob bigging himself up to boost his own ego.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

So if this is correct, surely this has to be a concern that so many players seem to end up with issues with Ralph and want out?

2 minutes ago, MAY-Z said:

So if this is correct, surely this has to be a concern that so many players seem to end up with issues with Ralph and want out?

Perhaps RH got frustrated that Ings was sitting on the fence and so their relationship got fraught?

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

That makes zero sense!

Why would his relationship with Hasenhuttl become tense?  Presumably he refused the new contract becuase he wasn't happy with the wages, the manager would have absolutely no influence over the wages on offer within new contracts.

This is just Jacob bigging himself up to boost his own ego.

Seems fine to me, Ralph seems a very loyal guy, maybe he took the refusal to sign a bit personally, thinking that he had improved Danny a lot and that he owed him a little bit of loyalty back, so took his wanting to leave a bit personally. 

Ralph is all about the project and being committed to it, Ings wasn't committed so Ralph thinks less of him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Seems fine to me, Ralph seems a very loyal guy, maybe he took the refusal to sign a bit personally, thinking that he had improved Danny a lot and that he owed him a little bit of loyalty back, so took his wanting to leave a bit personally. 

Ralph is all about the project and being committed to it, Ings wasn't committed so Ralph thinks less of him. 

That's about right I think, if you're not fully committed Ralph won't have time for you. 

I've not checked but Ings must have missed about 1/4 of our games at least last season , Ralph may be pleased to twist , get some money and see who we can get in. 

Have I missed something or have we still not officially announced this?

Obviously it's happened, I just don't quite understand why we haven't done the usual ''we thank Danny for his efforts with us etc''.

It's all very odd.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Obviously it's happened, I just don't quite understand why we haven't done the usual ''we thank Danny for his efforts with us etc''.

It's all very odd.

Dual announcement when Vestergaard leaves? 

Or just that a load of people need to sign it off, or how do you cover that Martin Semmens had previously said Ings would stay, or how do you take a sly dig at a player that has pretty much kept us up the last two years? 

Called this one weeks ago. It was evident from the beginning that he was not intending to stay, the new contract had been in place for some time,  yet he refused to sign it.   Overall though, happy with the decision the club had made,  made the best of a bad situation. 

I will have ultimate respect for the first player, looking for a move,  to come out and say 'I'll be going to the club that pays me the most wages'.  

Cut the bullshit.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Yeah Ralph wanted him to sign, ings just wanted out. That’s going to cause rub.

Listening to danny’s Interview for villa he clearly had no sentimental attachment to saints or to Ralph probably.

33 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's all very odd.

It was officially announced on the OS in the RH interview article after the game yesterday. All very odd as you say, he must have fucked off a few people. 

Good money for a player who does not want to be here, 29 and in the last year of his deal.

Now the issue with it.  He was by far our best striker and one of, if not the best player we had.  Genuine star quality.

Tragic that we are not moving as quick as Villa to secure his replacement, who will no doubt not be as good as Ings.

Our defence is terrible and Ralph style means we have to score at least 2 goals to get points (usually).  We are in deep trouble this season, we all know it.

On another note, Villa lose Grealish and look how they are spending the money.  We certainly did not buy an 'Ings' when we sold Virgil. Also, everyone keeps saying we are skint.  When have we not been? when have we not had 'excuses' to be prudent.

Or will there be greater spending next summer?  We all know the answer.

Edited by AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, IronCitySaint said:

Going to be a bit short of goals this season it looks like. I'm sure he will be replaced by a prospect who will come good in four years time. 

I see your point hidden in that mound of sarcasm.  We have to mix our buys between promising young players and more experienced ones who could do a job straightaway.

Much like Big Lawrie’s dealings.

6 hours ago, SKD said:

What performances were happening "a few weeks back"? Beach football?

Fuck knows why people are pretending that Danny Ings leaving this summer is some great big shock, especially when it is exactly the same people going on and on about what a shit club with no ambition we are.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Good money for a player who does not want to be here, 29 and in the last year of his deal.

Now the issue with it.  He was by far our best striker and one of, if not the best player we had.  Genuine star quality.

Tragic that we are not moving as quick as Villa to secure his replacement, who will no doubt not be as good as Ings.

Our defence is terrible and Ralph style means we have to score at least 2 goals to get points (usually).  We are in deep trouble this season, we all know it.

On another note, Villa lose Grealish and look how they are spending the money.  We certainly did not buy an 'Ings' when we sold Virgil. Also, everyone keeps saying we are skint.  When have we not been? when have we not had 'excuses' to be prudent.

Or will there be greater spending next summer?  We all know the answer.

Yep. Vila have been proactive, signed 3 good players and have a better squad now than when Grealish goes. We on the other had are reportedly trying to find cheap alternatives rather than pay for the player we have been linked with for months. 

like you say we’ve been skint since 2014, always had to sell to buy, always had to be careful, even when we were making record profits year after year we still had reasons why we had to be prudent. With the well run club mantra repeated over and over again. yet despite this and shifting most of the deadwood we appear to be more skint than ever. 

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

What performances were happening "a few weeks back"? Beach football?

Fuck knows why people are pretending that Danny Ings leaving this summer is some great big shock, especially when it is exactly the same people going on and on about what a shit club with no ambition we are.

I felt he was more likely to go than not this summer. Its not exactly a surprise I suppose the only real disappointment is that he's gone to a club like villa so suddenly just before the start of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Shance said:

Well Leo Messi is available now. Surely worth a punt?

We could do with him what we are told some clubs are now doing and sign him then sell him in the same window for a massive profit. Buy him free sell him for £100m easy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LGTL said:

It was officially announced on the OS in the RH interview article after the game yesterday. All very odd as you say, he must have fucked off a few people. 

The write up on the OS generally gives a good indication of what terms that player is leaving on (see Lallana v SRL).

Surprised there hasn’t been a bit more Ings considering his contribution, which would suggest he hasn’t left on the greatest of terms.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings