LGBT+ History Month

Turkish

5 hours ago, Kingsland Codger said:

Later this summer I shall have to make a speech at our annual Village Event. Such a speech would usually begin with ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ - but given current social trends such an opening line would never do.

Your suggestions, please, for an alternative start.

Welcome fuckers

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kingsland Codger said:

Later this summer I shall have to make a speech at our annual Village Event. Such a speech would usually begin with ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ - but given current social trends such an opening line would never do.

Your suggestions, please, for an alternative start.

I’ve written your speech for you 👍

Good evening and welcome To all our, AFAB, agenders, aliagender, AMAB, Androgyne, Aporagender, Bigender, Binarists, Body Dysphoria, Boi, Cisgender, Demiboys, Demigenders, Demigirls, Dyadics, feminine or centres, feminine presenting, femme, FTMs, gender apathetics, gender binaries, gender non conformists, gender questioning, gender fluid, gender queer, gray gender, inter gender, intersexuals, masculine of centre, masculine presenting, maverique, Misgender, MTFs, multi genders, neutrois, non-binary, novigender, pangender, polygender, Trans feminine, transmasculine, transitioning, transsexual, trigender, two spirit guests,I’m out of time so enjoy your evening, Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

Extra 👏👏👏👏 for this series of Line of Duty. A mixed race lesbian couple currently going through a break up with one of them currently enjoying a flirtatious relationship with a new member of the team. Great to see with plenty of boxes being ticked

#inclusivity

#equalitywatch

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Extra 👏👏👏👏 for this series of Line of Duty. A mixed race lesbian couple currently going through a break up with one of them currently enjoying a flirtatious relationship with a new member of the team. Great to see with plenty of boxes being ticked

#inclusivity

#equalitywatch

Lesbos are everywhere. Every single fucking drama now has them in, and they’re rarely mingers or look like blokes. I guess they think it’s edgy or modern.

A ground breaking series which breaks taboos will be about  2 white heterosexuals who get married and stay faithful to each other. It’ll be shocking 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Lesbos are everywhere. Every single fucking drama now has them in, and they’re rarely mingers or look like blokes. I guess they think it’s edgy or modern.

A ground breaking series which breaks taboos will be about  2 white heterosexuals who get married and stay faithful to each other. It’ll be shocking 

It's called inclusivity Ducky. It also helps that it fits in with the current narrative, will probably guarantee a few awards, pats on the back from the media and there is no danger anyone being offended by the lack of LGBTs or POCs in the programmes. I'm sure in every single TV program these days including as much of this as possible its absolutely nothing to do with ticking every PC box available. 

#Equalitywatch

Edited by Turkish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Turkish said:

LNER apologises after non-binary passenger complains about 'ladies and gentlemen' greeting | Doncaster Free Press

👏 for this brave individual. It's time this organisations were brought to task for their disgusting behaviour.

Quality. Maybe Labour should make it a manifesto promise to address this and win back their alienated voters

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

LNER apologises after non-binary passenger complains about 'ladies and gentlemen' greeting | Doncaster Free Press

👏 for this brave individual. It's time this organisations were brought to task for their disgusting behaviour.

Surely starting an announcement with "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" would meet at least one of his/her/it's gender identities ?

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Surely starting an announcement with "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" would meet at least one of his/her/it's gender identities ?

Non binary pal. You don’t get how this works do you 

That’s nothing, I was on a GNER train a few years ago and the conductor made an announcement saying, “the buffet cart will be open shortly, serving a range of hot and cold drinks as well as light refreshments.”

...but I wasn’t hungry. As a person who had literally just eaten breakfast, it was one of the most horrific acts of discrimination I’ve ever been subjected to.

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Non binary pal. You don’t get how this works do you 

I tend to ignore bollox-speak.

Perhaps, when you make your reservation you should have an option to list how you want to be addressed;

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, antelope, cord-wanglers and unicorns, good morning and welcome to this LNER service..,."

Edited by badgerx16

49 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I tend to ignore bollox-speak.

Perhaps, when you make your reservation you should have an option to list how you want to be addressed;

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, antelope, cord-wanglers and unicorns, good morning and welcome to this LNER service..,."

Hello  welcome To all our, AFAB, agenders, aliagender, AMAB, Androgyne, Aporagender, Bigender, Binarists, Body Dysphoria, Boi, Cisgender, Demiboys, Demigenders, Demigirls, Dyadics, feminine or centres, feminine presenting, femme, FTMs, gender apathetics, gender binaries, gender non conformists, gender questioning, gender fluid, gender queer, gray gender, inter gender, intersexuals, masculine of centre, masculine presenting, maverique, Misgender, MTFs, multi genders, neutrois, non-binary, novigender, pangender, polygender, Trans feminine, transmasculine, transitioning, transsexual, trigender, two spirit guests. This is your LNER Service from London King Cross. By the time i finish this annoucement we will have arrived at our destination so hope you enjoyed your journey,

Playing a game of whack a mole for non offence to people is never much fun, how about welcome aboard X make it as neutral as possible.

my two rules

1) Don't be a Di...

2) Don't look for excuses to be upset.

I do not think 1 applies and someone who has a genuine position would likely have much larger issues of acceptance in society then hearing a message that in their world view was for someone else, but had ultimately no impact on their allocation of resources or material position.

1 hour ago, Mystic Force said:

Playing a game of whack a mole for non offence to people is never much fun, how about welcome aboard X make it as neutral as possible.

my two rules

1) Don't be a Di...

2) Don't look for excuses to be upset.

I do not think 1 applies and someone who has a genuine position would likely have much larger issues of acceptance in society then hearing a message that in their world view was for someone else, but had ultimately no impact on their allocation of resources or material position.

To add, a rule I like is "choose your battles".  I'm sure there are valid concerns and injustices that people who are different from "the norm" face.  However I doubt a complaint about "ladies and gentlemen" is one of them.  It seems a little petty to me, and to publicise it in this way does no favours to the cause of people with more "genuine" concerns. 

It's bad publicity.  I expect the Mail will be all over it.

Edited by Manuel

You think you got it bad?  Try this BS:  https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/new-school-programme-for-gay-transgender-understanding-avid-060a2b340101010501010f1013-000000-8fec114bc5df0094-02e90060dd44-a8b1

TV One is state funded - I have to pay for this crap being shoved down kids' throats in the schools and also being advertised as national "news". I don't usually openly swear but fucking hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Won’t same sex parents double up as two fathers or is this bigot assuming they are lesbians. They will miss out on Mother’s Day so ban that. Stop the matriarchy

Edited by whelk

12 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

It's a seven year old tweet, so I guess not many people agreed with her.

I missed that but had assumed spoof or complete nutcase. Convenient to find an opinion on Twitter and say things like can’t believe Liverpool fans want Klopp sacked etc.

Florida has become the 8th state in the US to bring into law gender definition for sports participation as that stated on an individual's birth certificate. Transgender girls and women are banned by law from taking part in female sports, similarly transgender boys and men from male sports.

11 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Florida has become the 8th state in the US to bring into law gender definition for sports participation as that stated on an individual's birth certificate. Transgender girls and women are banned by law from taking part in female sports, similarly transgender boys and men from male sports.

Basically, transgender athletes will get less and less support the more success they have.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Basically, transgender athletes will get less and less support the more success they have.

Complete transphobia. Trans people were born into the wrong body, we should support them whatever their results. They’ve shown such strength to become what they really are, such a shame society still doesn’t recognise them equally to the gender they want to be.

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Complete transphobia. Trans people were born into the wrong body, we should support them whatever their results. They’ve shown such strength to become what they really are, such a shame society still doesn’t recognise them equally to the gender they want to be.

Agreed 

Screenshot_20210604-213022_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Brilliant decision. I look forward to these armbands being worn in Qatar 

Me too. The whole football family can come together on a global level to show how much this means to us. I’m sure this opportunity will be seized with both hands (or stumps, we don’t want to exclude the  disabled) 

• Haha 2

Does the selection of a ( biologically/gentically male ) trans woman weightlifter for the Olympics increase New Zealand's chances of winning a medal in the women's 87kg class ? This person competed in mens' events up to 2012.

Edited by badgerx16

52 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Does the selection of a ( biologically/gentically male ) trans woman weightlifter for the Olympics increase New Zealand's chances of winning a medal in the women's 87kg class ? This person competed in mens' events up to 2012.

The one year of reduced testosterone levels is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand because the IOC are scared of offending anyone. They don’t want to upset trans people by not letting them compete but they don’t want to upset women by letting them get their arses kicked by biological men.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

rather than bemoaning the increased chance of medal winning we should be praising what was clearly a women in a mans body doing so well in the mens even. I applaud her and wish her well in her question to become olympic champion. She won gold in the world world cup held in Rome so clearly the best athlete in the competition. She is so brave.

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

rather than bemoaning the increased chance of medal winning we should be praising what was clearly a women in a mans body doing so well in the mens even. I applaud her and wish her well in her question to become olympic champion. So brave.

I think you should get a medal for maintaining this persona so capably for so long.