LGBT+ History Month

Turkish

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Does the selection of a ( biologically/gentically male ) trans woman weightlifter for the Olympics increase New Zealand's chances of winning a medal in the women's 87kg class ? This person competed in mens' events up to 2012.

It's shameful and future generations will look back on decisions like this with bemusement. 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The one year of reduced testosterone levels is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand because the IOC are scared of offending anyone. They don’t want to upset trans people by not letting them compete but they don’t want to upset women by letting them get their arses kicked by biological men.

What are these biological men you talk of?

Wasn’t it pride month like 2 months ago? LinkedIn was covered with Rainbow flags and people forcing their pronouns on me then (spoiler, they were all the standard he/him she/her’s that I would have guessed without being told). It doesn’t seem to have ended, every other company you see has changed their logo to a rainbow flag, NatWest is the strangest - what the fuck is this? 

1A0615A5-1FDB-4513-BF40-BA94106E3A28.png

Edited by Plastic

On 28/06/2021 at 07:19, Plastic said:

Wasn’t it pride month like 2 months ago? LinkedIn was covered with Rainbow flags and people forcing their pronouns on me then (spoiler, they were all the standard he/him she/her’s that I would have guessed without being told). It doesn’t seem to have ended, every other company you see has changed their logo to a rainbow flag, NatWest is the strangest - what the fuck is this? 

1A0615A5-1FDB-4513-BF40-BA94106E3A28.png

As a NatWest customer I was burstIng with pride to see this. Amazing these companies showing their support for pride month. 👏👏👏👏

what a great month! My personal highlight was my lad bringing home the book Daddy, Pappa and Me. A wonderful book which explains to our children in their own terms From hide-and-seek to dress-up, then bath time and a kiss goodnight, there's no limit to what a loving family can do together. this weekend he’s promised to bring home Introducing Teddy This story introduces the youngest readers to understanding gender identity and transition in an accessible and heart-warming story about being true to yourself and being a good friend. Wonderful stuff

Edited by Turkish

I think young kids aren't capable of understanding these kind of topics. If people want to cut their bollocks off and wear a dress that's up to them, but now we have every corporate marketing think tank clambering on the latest bandwagon. Struggling to survive on a zero hours contract - fuck you, forced to work 90 hours a week hairing around cities trying to deliver 200 parcels a day, fuck you too no one cares we own you, but we are really are an all-embracing tolerant champion of the LBGTQXYZ "community", who we all know contains the most beautiful human beings ever born, and heterosexuals that haven't trans-gendered should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

On 01/07/2021 at 22:10, kyle04 said:

I think young kids aren't capable of understanding these kind of topics. If people want to cut their bollocks off and wear a dress that's up to them, but now we have every corporate marketing think tank clambering on the latest bandwagon. 

I also have no issue with people who want to cut body parts off etc.  I do think there is a debate to be had regarding whether the NHS should pay for it though.  Usually the NHS is very evidence-based regarding procedures, their benefits and risks.  Transitioning seems to me to have been put in place, somewhat rushed, without much hard evidence (that I can find) of benefit, other than people basically saying that they think it will make them happy, help them psychologically. 

If it definitely works as a procedure, then fine.  

On 23/06/2021 at 12:39, whelk said:
On 23/06/2021 at 13:16, Weston Super Saint said:

Rainbows galore next year in Qatar then!

On 23/06/2021 at 13:16, Weston Super Saint said:

Rainbows galore next year in Qatar then!

Yes I agree Weston, more pressure needs to be applied by UEFA. Hope it happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As per my post on the other thread, whilst this is progress until Superman is disabled and mixed race only then can we say true progress has been made.

Surely you're kidding?

He's definitely disabled - see 'Kryptonite'.

As for mixed race, he comes from another planet, doesn't get much more mixed race than that ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

It will be their choice.

Will there be a xxxx is banned for 3 games after an offensive Instagram post?

will FM be the first computer game for a player to come out? Surely this can only encourage players to do so in the future

what are they doing to encourage managers to hire black coaches?

and is there women’s league version? 

Until I have reassurances regarding its diversity I can’t get involved in afraid 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

1) will FM be the first computer game for a player to come out? Surely this can only encourage players to do so in the future

2) and is there women’s league version? 

Until I have reassurances regarding its diversity I can’t get involved in afraid 

Keep Up Gordon Ramsay GIF by FOX TV

1) Already in the game! Players coming out as gay has been in FM since 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41796686

2) Work is currently ongoing for a future version with women's football.

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/how-were-introducing-womens-football-football-manager#desktop

1 hour ago, Picard said:

Kicking off between LGB's and T's.

Some pretty funny quotes there. Why did they feel scared when they announced pride? Has the person who claimed they’d be called a genetical fetishist really been called that by anyone? Why do they all feel scared to talk about being gay? What do they feel unsafe from? Then there is the one who has to constantly self monitor everything they say, welcome to the real world darling, where everyone has too. The difference being if a straight person said they’d be immediately accused of having homophobic/racist/transphobic views and probably sacked for it. 

All that does seem self indulgent.

I was having a pint the other night with my NHS colleagues from the estates department the conversation moved on to going into the 'wrong' pub by mistake, and I can assure those worried about a trans ideology takeover, that this is far from the case in my small part of Kent.

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

Some pretty funny quotes there. Why did they feel scared when they announced pride? Has the person who claimed they’d be called a genetical fetishist really been called that by anyone? Why do they all feel scared to talk about being gay? What do they feel unsafe from? Then there is the one who has to constantly self monitor everything they say, welcome to the real world darling, where everyone has too. The difference being if a straight person said they’d be immediately accused of having homophobic/racist/transphobic views and probably sacked for it. 

More and more, I'm finding myself in a world of polarised views where I barely understand each opposing side's arguments. I feel like Grandpa Simpson.

1 hour ago, Plastic said:

More and more, I'm finding myself in a world of polarised views where I barely understand each opposing side's arguments. I feel like Grandpa Simpson.

Indeed. Many of them don’t even know what they’re angry about, like those who support them. 

A few years ago I befriended someone when spending some time in treatment in The Priory. She was very closed down, near suicidal and it took a while for her to come out of her shell. I never really understood what her issues were but she was a lesbian and I assumed that she was having problems coming to terms with that. We lost contact for a while when we left The Priory but a few years later this person got back in touch. She is now a he. He is married and they have a child. He is like a new person and is really happy with his new life and family. The transformation is incredible. It is easy to take the piss and make fun of people who believe that they were born in the wrong gender. Maybe we need to be more accepting about the fact that it is is not all about biology, but about what makes us us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

A few years ago I befriended someone when spending some time in treatment in The Priory. She was very closed down, near suicidal and it took a while for her to come out of her shell. I never really understood what her issues were but she was a lesbian and I assumed that she was having problems coming to terms with that. We lost contact for a while when we left The Priory but a few years later this person got back in touch. She is now a he. He is married and they have a child. He is like a new person and is really happy with his new life and family. The transformation is incredible. It is easy to take the piss and make fun of people who believe that they were born in the wrong gender. Maybe we need to be more accepting about the fact that it is is not all about biology, but about what makes us us. 

I don’t believe this lovely story ever happened. 

on another note when you have someone on ignore you can’t see their posts so how can you respond to a post on a thread they started? 🤔

Edited by Turkish

11 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Spot on. I think most people generally understand nowadays which is a good thing.

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You make it sound like people think it’s a bad thing. Only a few meat heads would begrudge your “friend” happinesses. I couldn’t give a shiny shite if she  is now a man,  I doubt would anyone else on here would either. It’s just a straw women you’ve set up. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You make it sound like people think it’s a bad thing. Only a few meat heads would begrudge your “friend” happinesses. I couldn’t give a shiny shite if she  is now a man,  I doubt would anyone else on here would either. It’s just a straw women you’ve set up. 

If anyone was going to have transgender mate on this forum you’d put money on it being Soggy

48 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

A straw woman? What an odd man you are. There are people, as you know, who have a problem with this. People who make stupid comments about cervix’s. There is more to it than body parts you are born with. That is the point I am making. I’m sorry that you have to feel the need to make something else out of it. One day perhaps you will drag yourself and your antiquated views out of the 70’s.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

If anyone was going to have transgender mate on this forum you’d put money on it being Soggy

Yet again, thanks for your pointless contribution to a thread. As ever, narcissists have to turn the spotlight on themselves. If anyone is going to make a crass comment to try and derail the thread you can put your money on this fella. Still on holiday? Wife not talking to you?

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yet again, thanks for your pointless contribution to a thread. As ever, narcissists have to turn the spotlight on themselves. If anyone is going to make a crass comment to try and derail the thread you can put your money on this fella. Still on holiday? Wife not talking to you?

So I’m not on ignore then. 

21 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

A straw woman? What an odd man you are. There are people, as you know, who have a problem with this. People who make stupid comments about cervix’s. There is more to it than body parts you are born with. That is the point I am making. I’m sorry that you have to feel the need to make something else out of it. One day perhaps you will drag yourself and your antiquated views out of the 70’s.

The point is that the point doesn't need to be made. We probably all know someone trans, and understand how the world and opinion has progressed, but you're the only one making a "look at me" post. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, egg said:

The point is that the point doesn't need to be made. We probably all know someone trans, and understand how the world and opinion has progressed, but you're the only one making a "look at me" post. 

Except it is an actual issue.

From the centre of suicide prevention:

Why are trans people at risk?

There are a few factors that put transgender people at risk of suicide, factors that can put strain on one’s mental health and potentially lead to thoughts of suicide:

• Institutional prejudice manifesting as laws and policies which create inequalities and/or fail to provide protection from discrimination
  • Experience of discrimination (transphobia) in the form of physical or verbal harassment, physical or sexual assault
  • Lack of support from parents and other family members
  • Stress related to fear of transitioning, including the potential backlash and life disruption, as well as considering the risks and sometimes lengthy time period involved
  • Gender dysphoria, or distress related to a conflict between one’s physical or assigned gender and the gender with which they identify

That’s why piss-taking about cervixes by dick heads intent on some tragic culture war is not really doing any good to anyone.