Summer Transfer Window 2021

Swansea selling Jamal Lowe to Bournemouth. Wonder if that means Swansea will try for Obafemi again. 

Is there any chance of Shane Long to Reading? I thought they were in a bit of a pickle financially, but they signed both Scott Dann (free) and Danny Drinkwater (loan) yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, saintrich said:

Swansea selling Jamal Lowe to Bournemouth. Wonder if that means Swansea will try for Obafemi again. 

Is there any chance of Shane Long to Reading? I thought they were in a bit of a pickle financially, but they signed both Scott Dann (free) and Danny Drinkwater (loan) yesterday. 

Reading have a 8.5k a week wages cap on new players so that's unlikely 

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

That means Chelsea are still paying Drinkwater a fortune - what an utter disaster of a signing that was.

Very similar to the Rodwell signing, massive wages stuck on a long contract, but actually pretty shite. Difference is Chelsea can wear it.

Edited by skintsaint
6 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Very similar to the Rodwell signing, massive wages stuck on a long contract, but actually pretty shite. Difference is Chelsea can wear it.

Indeed.  Seems to have a bit of an attitude problem, sort of feels like once he'd won the league he lost all motivation to keep being good.

4 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Southampton are reportedly now in the race to sign Sheffield United’s Daniel Jebbison.

Source SSN

I think we were ruled out of that one yesterday.

I don't expect any permanent signings, I think we're done. Keeping our powder dry until the summer so we can actually buy a goalkeeper when we have a bit of wage free and no need to sell first.

Edited by S-Clarke
3 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Southampton are reportedly now in the race to sign Sheffield United’s Daniel Jebbison.

Source SSN

Semmens has been on Football Manager - "Age...Max...18; Happiness...Is...Unhappy with playing time"

8 minutes ago, Danbert said:

Source SSN

He is going to Burton Albion on loan so staying at Sheff Utd presumably.

23 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Nothing happening then? Not even a decent rumour around? 

I certainly wasn't expecting anything tbf.

We have 2 players for every position assuming Armstrong can cover No. 6 in case of an injury, and we have Livramento/KWP/Perraud/Small to cover fullback (+ potentially Valery), plus Redmond/Tella/Elyounoussi/Djenepo/Walcott to cover the wide no. 10s (plus S. Armstrong) 

Whether that is good enough is another question, but Ralph seems happy so he needs to deliver.

Not sure we should even bother turning the lights on at Staplewood today.

(However Saints - surprise me!) 

I guess that gives us another option wide right, as well as right back. We made the mistake last window of loaning out players at the last min, thus leaving us with no cover. Think we've learnt our lessons.

We've got enough in front of Valery in that he shouldn't be required that often, but it's nice to have further options beyond the obvious, otherwise we'd have to pull apart midfield and shoe-horn again. And we don't have enough in midfield to weaken that area.

This is also probably an admission that we're not getting that number 6.

9 minutes ago, benjii said:

Just saw Haaland at Rownhams services. Make of that what you will.

Haaland would probably strengthen us, he would complement either Armstrong or Adams.  I'd assume he'd be a bit too expensive though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Ralph mentioned in his press conference before the United game he's still keen on another 6.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one more in today.

Long & Obafemi out on loan to the championship. 

Does seem well set up for a potential Veerman bid. Time will tell...

3 hours ago, Ldnsaint said:

Reading have a 8.5k a week wages cap on new players so that's unlikely 

Reading are paying £8.5k a week whilst Chelsea pay £111,500 a week?

Blimey. That's a deal and a half.

34 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I was hoping for some competition for Romeu. Were the club not rummaging around in the French market for late/last day deals?

Sod's law he'll be injured just after the window closes. I know Ralph has said others can play in this role, and perhaps Lyanco could step up into it but otherwise we lack a physical presence and ball winner

Wiltshire training with Como. Low end Serie B club. Nice place though, I'd happily live there.

Apparently Dennis Wise is their technical director so that's how he's ended up there.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Sod's law he'll be injured just after the window closes. I know Ralph has said others can play in this role, and perhaps Lyanco could step up into it but otherwise we lack a physical presence and ball winner

Tom leach was said this on the matter...

Q: Is Lyanco the number six that Hasenhuttl was referring to?

No, Lyanco is a central defender and while he has played in central midfield before I am told not to expect him in that position for Saints.

Just on Lyanco, his signing will require some patience. Despite being billed as Jannik Vestergaard's replacement, Mohamed Salisu is really the man who will replace Vestergaard this season.

Lyanco can be thought of as Salisu's replacement, if you will, as the Ghanaian steps up from third choice to first choice.

9 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

guess he isn't moving anywhere

Southampton is nicer than Birmingham...

Closer to france too. Get him in!

Edited by TWar
12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Wiltshire training with Como. Low end Serie B club. Nice place though, I'd happily live there.

Apparently Dennis Wise is their technical director so that's how he's ended up there.

Wilshere or the county?

27 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Tom leach was said this on the matter...

Q: Is Lyanco the number six that Hasenhuttl was referring to?

No, Lyanco is a central defender and while he has played in central midfield before I am told not to expect him in that position for Saints.

Just on Lyanco, his signing will require some patience. Despite being billed as Jannik Vestergaard's replacement, Mohamed Salisu is really the man who will replace Vestergaard this season.

Lyanco can be thought of as Salisu's replacement, if you will, as the Ghanaian steps up from third choice to first choice.

That's really stupid if true. Stephens first choice all season is not the answer. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

"Duje Caleta Car's partner doesn't want to move to Birmingham after giving birth to their 1st child"

Nor would I, and I'm not giving birth to anyone's child.

Not sure what she's moaning about, another of those ultra needy women by the looks of it. You can't even tell the difference.

image.png.ffd0642310d17cad777048fd03ec56bd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not sure what she's moaning about, another of those ultra needy women by the looks of it. You can't even tell the difference.

image.png.ffd0642310d17cad777048fd03ec56bd.png

Think you haven t been to Marseille mate.

It is sketchy as fuck.

Surrounding areas however are very nice (cassis etc...)