(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

18 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Anyone else no longer able to open the Pompey Takeover Saga thread?

We're getting close to the traditionally funny part of the season so it would be a shame not to have a safe place to LOL.

#jackettin

I've found that if you hit the title and go to page 1, you can then tap the page number, where it shows 1 of 2277 (🤣), and type in the page number you want it'll get you to where you want to be. A bit of a work around, but needs must. Sometimes it's good to work hard for life's little pleasures, it gives one a sense of achievement 🍾.

1 hour ago, Dimond Geezer said:

I've found that if you hit the title and go to page 1, you can then tap the page number, where it shows 1 of 2277 (🤣), and type in the page number you want it'll get you to where you want to be. A bit of a work around, but needs must. Sometimes it's good to work hard for life's little pleasures, it gives one a sense of achievement 🍾.

nar that's not working ether,

9 hours ago, Dimond Geezer said:

Same problem so thanks for the tip Dimond

Saw a link to this on the old thread this morning.

Wondered if it was another defensive masterclass from future superstar Jack Whatmough, and even checked their line up for the Bristol Rovers match and apparently not, he wasn't even playing.

Seems Whatmough has got some competition for their 'Bestest Player of the Season' award then.

11 hours ago, igsey said:

One win in their last four games, slipping down the table with those around them holding games in hand...

Fingers crossed they can hang on for the playoffs, watching them fail has become an annual tradition in our household!

Why would anyone want them to make the playoffs......?

I see they are playing in the EFL Trophy 2020 final on 13 March. The next day the 2021 final takes place. Should they beat manage to beat Salford, I wonder if they could get a record for holding a trophy for just a single day.....!

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I see they are playing in the EFL Trophy 2020 final on 13 March. The next day the 2021 final takes place. Should they beat manage to beat Salford, I wonder if they could get a record for holding a trophy for just a single day.....!

They won the 2019 competition so they already hold the trophy. Think that means they have the record for holding it the longest. Don’t believe any team has won it two seasons in a row either so could add another record (guess it’s normally won by one of the better teams in League 1 who will focus on promotion, although looking at recent results, that doesn’t seem to be a priority for them).

8 hours ago, Danbert said:

Catlin: "Wah wah wah.... We can't get anyone else to pay for upgrading our decrepit ground... It's so unfair... Wah wah wah"

The current football club playing at Fratton Park is barely 10 years old, but it's still the same old Pompey... Looking to spaff other people's money up the wall

19 hours ago, mack rill said:

All going to plan as far as the Yanks are concerned, not one of our players could hold their own in the championship, Disney would choke on the money that would be needed. 

They can't be making a profit in League 1 surely? 

We've been on a horrendous run and they still manage to outdo us.  😕

They're now losing to teams that I didn't even realise were still in the football league, while Jackett seems to have packed his holiday bag, and the word is that the players haven't reacted well to the suggestion of a massive paycut.

Off the field I think they're still waiting on the billion pound compulsory purchase of the waterfront, rail and bus stations plus section of dockyard and HMS Warrior, so the Harbourdome might be delayed even further.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see a World Cup final in that ground.

At least the Eisners' more realistic plan of competing alongside the biggest clubs in Europe by 2030 is still on track.

• Haha 4

Looking forward to the Sleeping Giant derby tomorrow - Portsmouth coming in to it with 1 win in 6, Sunderland have won 5 of their last 6. Could drop out of the play off places if other results go against them.

Presumably Mr Disney can't afford to sack Jackett and will have to wait until his contract is up at the end of the season?

I see that since the factless guy left journalism has not improved along the coast that article is almost unreadable. The first sentence starts with the word "And", now I know grammar is not by best subject (that's chemistry) but even I know that starting something with a word used to join 2 propositions where there is nothing before is frowned upon. 

On 07/03/2021 at 16:01, mack rill said:

Sat-Dee a bad day, Cricket embarrassing, Pompey numbing, and the icing on the cake you bastards winning 2_0:mcinnes: 

I lit a candle for you last night Mack. There again, you can brag about not only holding the FA cup the longest ( I know that was club 3 or 4 times ago) and now the Johnstones or whatever its called now as well. Perhaps it is all part of the plan you staying down in L1 so that your owners can tell the fans that they are constantly bringing honours to the club

• Lighthouse changed the title to (Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga