The Royal Family

whelk

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I’d assume if it was Charles Harry would have said so, given his clear bad relations. Also, Find it in very bad taste to drop that bomb and only choose to clear granny and grandpa of stink of it.

I think the opposite. No way he'd say if it was Charles...but what he did say about the breakdown of the relationship makes me think more likely him than Will. 

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What if it was one of the kids asking an innocent kid type question?

Would that still be as racist as it has been portrayed?

Obviously he would have gone on global tv to mention it if Princess Charlotte had quizzed him on the role of  genetic selection in melatonin inheritance . Seriously wtf is wrong with you?

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I didn’t really give a shite about these 2 Wokies but I’m missing Unforgotten  to watch this pony. Fuck me Eddie Murphy looks awful in drag and princess seems to have bright red legs. Her lips look they would  play a good tune though. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I never even thought of Megan as ‘person of colour’ until it got mentioned and now constantly does. Just looks like a brunette to me.

maybe I have truly reached non-racist nirvana. Think I might become a pan sexual next

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Obviously he would have gone on global tv to mention it if Princess Charlotte had quizzed him on the role of  genetic selection in melatonin inheritance . Seriously wtf is wrong with you?

You say that like it is beyond the realm of possibility.

Would it be more or less probable than a woman who is married to a man, who launched his own campaign to end the stigma around mental health, being 'refused' by the 'institution' when she asked for help because she was on the verge of killing herself.  That's some Hollywood shit there....

• Confused 5

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Well Piers Morgan absolutely mugged himself off this morning. If you're going to dish it out then you've got to take it. What an embarrassment he was.

Just saw this. Incredible. Not sure what his objective was but it comes across very badly.

14 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Just saw this. Incredible. Not sure what his objective was but it comes across very badly.

I dont think Alex Beresford was unreasonable in any way, he made some valid points and only had a pop at Morgan when he stormed off, it really was quite pathetic of him, especially considering he positions himself as the hardman of morning TV. 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I dont think Alex Beresford was unreasonable in any way, he made some valid points and only had a pop at Morgan when he stormed off, it really was quite pathetic of him, especially considering he positions himself as the hardman of morning TV. 

Beresford said that a former colleague once asked him "what shade of cocoa" his son was likely to be, so he fully understands Meghan's position.

Playing ham psychologist here - I do wonder if Harry has always blamed his dad for Diana’s death? If he hadn’t had his affair, if they hadn’t got divorced, she wouldn’t have been with Dodi in the tunnel etc etc so it’s all dad’s fault? They say revenge is a dish best served cold and he certainly did that - 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Divergent said:

Playing ham psychologist here - I do wonder if Harry has always blamed his dad for Diana’s death? If he hadn’t had his affair, if they hadn’t got divorced, she wouldn’t have been with Dodi in the tunnel etc etc so it’s all dad’s fault? They say revenge is a dish best served cold and he certainly did that - 

Not sure how getting himself into a position where he loses all his military honours and his patronages of charity etc is entirely the "revenge" on his father you think it is. So a strange theory.

Harry’s beef is with the media (mainly the UK tabloid press) which has been evident for many years. It's them he blames for his mother's death and why he is obsessed with privacy/access/control/etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Well Piers Morgan absolutely mugged himself off this morning. If you're going to dish it out then you've got to take it. What an embarrassment he was.

He’s left now. Sure ratings will plummet. Bloke is a cock but people clearly tune in for his opinions. 

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I watch it for Suzanne Reed, Laura Tobin and Charlotte Hawkins 👍

Give me Minchin and Munchetty any day. The latter can be very annoying at times.

I think every bloke is his 40s or 50s fancies Reed

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

Give me Minchin and Munchetty any day. The latter can be very annoying at times.

I think every bloke is his 40s or 50s fancies Reed

Munchetty is attractive but she was on Saturday kitchen at the weekend and came across very arrogant and annoying which was disappointing. Minchin Is alright though. I reckon news presenters have got to be the sexist roles, can’t think of any bad ones I’d even be tempted by Moira Stewart.

Piers Morgan should do a tearful, apologetic interview on Sky News tomorrow morning, saying how depressed he has been following all the criticism and that last night he'd considered killing himself because of it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Divergent said:

If only she’d worn a seatbelt.

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Munchetty is attractive but she was on Saturday kitchen at the weekend and came across very arrogant and annoying which was disappointing. Minchin Is alright though. I reckon news presenters have got to be the sexist roles, can’t think of any bad ones I’d even be tempted by Moira Stewart.

You’re right. Raworth is fit as fuck too

Rippon started it off followed by Selina  Scott

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You forgot Sally the sports presenter 😉

Sally is pretty fit but not sure I have forgiven her for laughing at watch she thought were garish kits but were iconic kits she don’t ‘get’. I mean some things are more important than sex

26 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Piers Morgan should do a tearful, apologetic interview on Sky News tomorrow morning, saying how depressed he has been following all the criticism and that last night he'd considered killing himself because of it.

And after lots of soul searching is off to GB News to seek redemption 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Every day is a day to celebrate these sort of women 

Indeed. As for Sky Sports presenters...Kate Abdo is one of many women with admirable presenting qualities. 

Sick of hearing about it now but the snippets I have read from her interview make me very sceptical. She says that "no-one really knows what it's like" to be in the royal family as you "can't say or do whatever you like". 

EVERYBODY knows that's the fucking case. She was either incredibly naive and stupid before getting involved or she's flat out lying and being manipulative right now. 

I don't doubt that she got a harder time in the press than she should, but can they just fuck off to their private life now so we can stop hearing about it? 

Also the claims of racism are absurd to me, if it wasn't for those I wouldn't even know she was anything other than a tanned brunette. I've seen white girls with tans that have much darker skin than her. At what point have races mixed so much that there isn't a black or white anymore and we're finally just people? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Sick of hearing about it now but the snippets I have read from her interview make me very sceptical. She says that "no-one really knows what it's like" to be in the royal family as you "can't say or do whatever you like". 

EVERYBODY knows that's the fucking case. She was either incredibly naive and stupid before getting involved or she's flat out lying and being manipulative right now. 

Why? If you're a Brit maybe. If you're a mixed race American growing up in California why the fuck would she?   

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

"Marry me and it will really fuck your life up". It's not a great pitch is it? 

Yeah, you’re probably right, I doubt Harry ever even mentioned his mum To her Either. In fact I’d imagine the first time he mentioned his views on how the media treated her was during the Opera interview.

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

I don't doubt that she got a harder time in the press than she should, but can they just fuck off to their private life now so we can stop hearing about it? 

Also the claims of racism are absurd to me, if it wasn't for those I wouldn't even know she was anything other than a tanned brunette. I've seen white girls with tans that have much darker skin than her. At what point have races mixed so much that there isn't a black or white anymore and we're finally just people? 

She admitted she was naive, it was obviously worse than she thought it would be.

From what I saw she obviously hammed it up for the camera but it looked to me that Harry and her were genuine about how they felt. They have done nothing wrong, they are doing their own thing, good on them.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Why shouldn’t he come back if he wanted to?

What is broken cannot be put back together. She has burnt his bridges for him which is what I suspect is the motive for this whole megawhinge. 

At no point did Oprah say “So what’s your point?” Leave them to fester away in increasing obscurity and irrelevance.

• Like 1

When I heard that Piers Morgan would not longer be on GMB, I wondered how the show we look in the immediate term.

Terrible this morning.  The lovely Suzanna is used to just nodding and sucking her teeth, but instead has to lead the show (and not very good at all).

Im sure it will get better.