Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Major contraction in supply of vaccine from 29th March.

Just when it's getting to the point where I'd be offered one, looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer now. FFS. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/nhs-covid-vaccine-rollout-under-50s-delayed-major-shortage

 

 

Mine's booked for a week today - well into the 40-50 bracket in North Somerset :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Major contraction in supply of vaccine from 29th March.

Just when it's getting to the point where I'd be offered one, looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer now. FFS. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/nhs-covid-vaccine-rollout-under-50s-delayed-major-shortage

 

 

Hancock is on the box now saying it won’t be effected. God knows who to believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Mine's booked for a week today - well into the 40-50 bracket in North Somerset :) 

Woman in my team is getting hers next week but is 6 years younger than me, no health issues. It's a bit of a postcode lottery at the moment even in local areas. 

Most of the younger people I know who have had it are going to Pompey, they seem to be a bit ahead of Southampton. I guess they have to be better than us at one thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Hancock is on the box now saying it won’t be effected. God knows who to believe.

It'll be slower than it would have been without a reduction in supply, but we'll still be able to hit the original targets.

Vaccine yield is always a bit unpredictable, that's the reason targets were relatively conservative to start with, and also part of the reason they weren't bought forward when we've had better than expected supply and rollout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Most of the younger people I know who have had it are going to Pompey, they seem to be a bit ahead of Southampton. I guess they have to be better than us at one thing.

More a case of having an abundance of syringes and people who know how to use them.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

me and missus booked for Saturday. Hearing loads of examples of others getting call and not knowing why as not in 1 to 9 groups.

maybe there’s a secret database with a must keep alive field we don’t know about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whelk said:

me and missus booked for Saturday. Hearing loads of examples of others getting call and not knowing why as not in 1 to 9 groups.

maybe there’s a secret database with a must keep alive field we don’t know about?

Think fat people get to have it first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Woman in my team is getting hers next week but is 6 years younger than me, no health issues. It's a bit of a postcode lottery at the moment even in local areas. 

Most of the younger people I know who have had it are going to Pompey, they seem to be a bit ahead of Southampton. I guess they have to be better than us at one thing.

Or maybe higher proportion of anti vaccine morons haven’t been using up the supply?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, whelk said:

Do they know people are fat?

Didn't they offer one guy a vaccine because his BMI was off the chart due to them having his height as 6 inches rather than 6 foot on the system?

I guess this is a roundabout way of me saying they do. At least for some people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, buctootim said:

There is also the issue of we're getting into the period where people will be getting second doses so the flow of 'new' people getting a shot will slow down markedly.  

Fuck them, the selfish pricks. Let me have my first dose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine this morning, all very straight forward and well organised. Given date for second one at same time. I thought it’d be a load of old twats like me, but there were a lot of nippers (health workers I presume) and loads I’d put in the 40-50 range. 
 

No ill affects at all, but I’m milking it a bit round the snap dragon and playing the sympathy card. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Girl in our office has just booked in for Sunday - she turned 40 last August and knows a few other 40 year olds that are booked up as well.  Would be interested to see the number of vaccinations by age group % because anecdotally it appears that the 40 - 49 age group will already have a lot of vaccinations by the end of the month.  Surely all the 50+ people must be all done now (ones who are going to take it anyway).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

 

There was one last time around which was something like:

It's hardly a surprise that someone who was consistently overlooked for England caps in favour of Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer believes there's a sinister conspiracy working against him

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

There was one last time around which was something like:

It's hardly a surprise that someone who was consistently overlooked for England caps in favour of Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer believes there's a sinister conspiracy working against him

My other favourite:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Legend or not the bloke was off his rocker in the first lockdown and I reckon that's over half the reason he got sacked by Sky.
 

Matt Le Tissier greatest hits include:

"Bill Gates invented Covid as part of a plan to vaccinate everyone with a microchip".

"More people die in car crashes than covid". 

Completely ignoring and/or ignorant of the fact car crashes aren't exponentially contagious.
 

And...
 

"Bill Gates bank rolled the assassination of a prominent African figure".

Good grief.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

He's also kicking off because P&O won't let him go on a cruise unvaccinated.

Why would it matter if he wasn't? 

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they. 

People like to scoff and patronise with flippant comments about conspiracy theories, I don't doubt that covid is real but there's plenty about this pandemic that just does not make sense, 3 week lockdown to "protect the NHS" still a year on, businesses destroyed,  national debt sky high, nothing wrong questioning the motives of WEF etc. The Great Reset, Build Back Better. 

He's still number one Saints legend. 

  • Like 6
  • Confused 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine two weeks ago in Brighton. 37 with no underlying health conditions. I called the GP after I received my invite to check that it was no mistake. They told me just to go and get it, so I did. 

Edited by Dig Dig
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JRM said:

Why would it matter if he wasn't? 

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they. 

People like to scoff and patronise with flippant comments about conspiracy theories, I don't doubt that covid is real but there's plenty about this pandemic that just does not make sense, 3 week lockdown to "protect the NHS" still a year on, businesses destroyed,  national debt sky high, nothing wrong questioning the motives of WEF etc. The Great Reset, Build Back Better. 

He's still number one Saints legend. 

"If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they."

Its mental that a year into the pandemic there are people still thick enough to write these words. How can you not understand how vaccines work after all this time?

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Plastic said:

I’m 42, no sign of a vaccination for me or my wife. Presume you get a letter?

If it’s from the NHS you get a letter inviting you to book a pair of appointments through their website.

If it’s from your GP’s surgery then it could be by other means such as text, email or phone call.

We had an NHS letter and made our bookings followed a couple of weeks later by a phone call from our surgery, which we declined.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plastic said:

I’m 42, no sign of a vaccination for me or my wife. Presume you get a letter?

I didn't wait to receive an invite from the NHS / GP surgery. Just kept trying the online booking system until it let me book an appointment. There was about a 1 - 2 week lag between becoming eligible on the system and receiving the correspondence telling me so, by which time I'd already had the first jab.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 20:07, Lord Duckhunter said:

I had mine this morning, all very straight forward and well organised. Given date for second one at same time. I thought it’d be a load of old twats like me, but there were a lot of nippers (health workers I presume) and loads I’d put in the 40-50 range. 
 

No ill affects at all, but I’m milking it a bit round the snap dragon and playing the sympathy card. 

You must be the last over 75 in the country to get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Plastic said:

I’m 42, no sign of a vaccination for me or my wife. Presume you get a letter?

I got a text about two weeks before saying I’d get another text to book an appointment not to contact the surgery. Then got one with a link to book which gave several options of location to choose from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately to stop Covid and more importantly prevent worse varients of covid a high take up on vacine is required . The damage to children from measles after the MMR jab was falsly said to cause autism shows the damage that can be done . That Dr that faked his research about MMR was supported by Trump and was / is still spreading his antivac message in America , that made Trump's latest stance supporting the Cov vaccine interesting. Polio has been nearly eliminated from the world not helped by some groups branding the polio jab a western plot to sterilise the local population.  If not being vacinated only affected that person then that's would be their choice but it affects other people as well so it is important to inocculate as many as possible . 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JRM said:

Why would it matter if he wasn't? 

If those who are worried have the jab they don't need to worry about him do they. 

People like to scoff and patronise with flippant comments about conspiracy theories, I don't doubt that covid is real but there's plenty about this pandemic that just does not make sense, 3 week lockdown to "protect the NHS" still a year on, businesses destroyed,  national debt sky high, nothing wrong questioning the motives of WEF etc. The Great Reset, Build Back Better. 

He's still number one Saints legend. 

You do realise there are many many countries who are adopting very similar strategies. From all political angles. Do you think they've suddenly got together to bring the world to it's knees. That would be some cooperation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})