Jump to content

Racist abuse on social media after team loses


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

It's not hard.

Make it subscription based £1 quid a year, they'd at least have to enter in their credit card details and that would be enough to identify individuals.

Those that have a problem with that are mostly the ones who want to send people shit, everyone else wouldn't mind.

If Twitter wanted to do that they could. But for some reason they won't.

Nobody genuine is going to suddenly stop using Twitter because of £1 pound a year.

Would this £1 fee apply worldwide? If so then how is that remotely achievable? If not then what's the point? Would this subscription apply to every social media company or would it be those that reach a certain level of popularity? How do you define what is social media? What about social media companies based abroad? 

As I said, completely unworkable and unrealistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Would this £1 fee apply worldwide? If so then how is that remotely achievable? If not then what's the point? Would this subscription apply to every social media company or would it be those that reach a certain level of popularity? How do you define what is social media? What about social media companies based abroad? 

As I said, completely unworkable and unrealistic. 

It's not hard or unrealistic.

My job involves it.

If you want to know about in app purchases, look it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Nobody genuine is going to suddenly stop using Twitter because of £1 pound a year.

 

1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

It's not hard or unrealistic.

My job involves it.

People sign up to free dating websites, only a tiny % pay for the full feature version. If Twitter required handing over card details I think it would put many off using it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

It's not hard or unrealistic.

My job involves it.

If you want to know about in app purchases, look it up.

You didn't answer any of my questions. Mandating subscription charges across all of social media on a global scale would be insane and unworkable. Requiring one company (twitter) to have a subscription model in the UK only would be entirely pointless and silly. 

Edited by hypochondriac
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You didn't answer any of my questions. Mandating subscription charges across all of social media on a global scale would be insane and unworkable. Requiring one company (twitter) to have a subscription model in the UK only would be entirely pointless and silly. 

Last post.

It could be implemented globally with a few lines of code and a few 3D integrations, but it won't happen because as the bloke above says, they'd lose users, even if the trade off is you lose all the wankers in the process, less users means people like Dorsey and Zuckerbergs pockets would get hurt.

Nothing to do with difficulty.

Anyway that's me done.

Edited by JustinSFC
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Last post.

It could be implemented globally with a few lines of cost and a few 3D integrations, but it won't happen because as the bloke above says, they'd lose users, even if the trade off is you lose all the wankers in the process, less users means people like Dorsey and Zuckerbergs pockets would get hurt.

Nothing to do with difficulty.

Anyway that's me done.

You still haven't answered any of my questions about feasibility and I presume you're ending your replies because you can't answer them. You also never answered about if your theoretical subscription service applied to a select few social media companies or if it was everyone. You claim this subscription service will be global so will you have differing price models? What about whistle blowers in corrupt regimes? No more anonymous journalism or calling out of human rights abuses on twitter? 

The only suggestion I've seen so far that was in any way reasonable was for the likes of twitter to give users the option to only see registered users tweets or keep themselves open to everyone but potentially see objectionable content. 

Edited by hypochondriac
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if you want to be on a major social media platform you should have to turn over some ID. I'd happily do this - those that cry "privacy" are obviously too dim to see the irony in that stance - the social media companies are already flogging your data for massive profit so why not enforce some accountability and tie the digital user to a real world one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})