Jump to content

Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread


Recommended Posts

On 19/04/2021 at 17:06, Ed Rooney said:

Wonder what formation we will play 

we do not need a captain on the pitch with Ralph keeping shouting instructions from the technical area  just confuses the players. Surely he should haVe given al the instructions needed before the game and also in training sessions..

However Leicester were favourites and we only lost 1-0 and that was after an unlucky deflection. Just keeping things in perspective. albeit we showed no urgency when only 1-0 behind with1 0 minutes to go.Slowly taken throw - ins going backwards for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supersonic said:

I wonder what side Spurs will put out? Obviously Mason's first game and he'll want to do well, but they have a cup final on Sunday that must be their priority. 

Will they risk Kane/Son getting clattered by Bednarek and being out the final? 

Is Kane fit? Looked a nasty ankle injury at the weekend, or perhaps he was just putting it on to get Mourinho booted out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This sums up our current predicament. During this run Ralph has hardly changed the tactics and approach and has been unable to fix the defence. No reason to suggest he'll start that tonight.

Edit: Apologies for the size of the image. I have no idea how to make it smaller!

Screenshot_20210421-130059_Firefox.jpg

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, supersonic said:

I wonder what side Spurs will put out? Obviously Mason's first game and he'll want to do well, but they have a cup final on Sunday that must be their priority. 

Will they risk Kane/Son getting clattered by Bednarek and being out the final? 

Does Bednarek get near enough to the opponent these days to "clatter them" ?

Perhaps leave it until the 85th minute , if the game is lost, and someone should seriously clatter Son as payback for his feeble 'going over ' in the cup last season. And to wipe that nauseating inane grin off his face. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

This sums up our current predicament. During this run Ralph has hardly changed the tactics and approach and has been unable to fix the defence. No reason to suggest he'll start that tonight.

Edit: Apologies for the size of the image. I have no idea how to make it smaller!

Screenshot_20210421-130059_Firefox.jpg

Stunningly shit stats for a team that was amazing away from home in 2020. What the fuck has gone wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Stunningly shit stats for a team that was amazing away from home in 2020. What the fuck has gone wrong.

Such a dramatic turn of form is a head scratcher , can't just be down to our injuries. Player contracts is an issue. Watch back some of our games from earlier in the season and we do look a completely different team.  Shame really, we all got our hopes up a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badger said:

Does Bednarek get near enough to the opponent these days to "clatter them" ?

Perhaps leave it until the 85th minute , if the game is lost, and someone should seriously clatter Son as payback for his feeble 'going over ' in the cup last season. And to wipe that nauseating inane grin off his face. 

Can you clatter someone while attempting to remove his shirt?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinking game rules for tonight - shots shots shots!

  • Commentator mentions "9-0"
  • Bednarek making a suicide run out to the wing to intercept a winger and completely missing the ball
  • Someone calling James Ward Prowse a "dead ball specialist"
  • Diallo giving the ball away in midfield when all he had to do was pass it 4 yards
  • Walcott being Walcott and losing the ball to no one
  • Che Adams firing the ball at a billion miles an hour into a defender's shins from 5 yards.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Drinking game rules for tonight - shots shots shots!

  • Commentator mentions "9-0"
  • Bednarek making a suicide run out to the wing to intercept a winger and completely missing the ball
  • Someone calling James Ward Prowse a "dead ball specialist"
  • Diallo giving the ball away in midfield when all he had to do was pass it 4 yards
  • Walcott being Walcott and losing the ball to no one
  • Che Adams firing the ball at a billion miles an hour into a defender's shins from 5 yards.

I was going to say passing the ball backwards or sideways when a forward ball or run was on, but you'll be hammered after about 15 minutes.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Drinking game rules for tonight - shots shots shots!

  • Commentator mentions "9-0"
  • Bednarek making a suicide run out to the wing to intercept a winger and completely missing the ball
  • Someone calling James Ward Prowse a "dead ball specialist"
  • Diallo giving the ball away in midfield when all he had to do was pass it 4 yards
  • Walcott being Walcott and losing the ball to no one
  • Che Adams firing the ball at a billion miles an hour into a defender's shins from 5 yards.

Very much all this and....

Redmond runs forward and Redmond turns and passes back.

Vestergaard 50 yard ball to Walker Peters but it’s sussed and cut out.

Pass, pass, pass, pass pass and pass to Forster and boom towards a tall defenders head.

Ings badly passes it back and the whole team are up shit creek.

Son finds himself unmarked to score yet again.

And finally you must down 5 pints if Saints get a shot on target.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Very much all this and....

Redmond runs forward and Redmond turns and passes back.

Vestergaard 50 yard ball to Walker Peters but it’s sussed and cut out.

Pass, pass, pass, pass pass and pass to Forster and boom towards a tall defenders head.

Ings badly passes it back and the whole team are up shit creek.

Son finds himself unmarked to score yet again.

And finally you must down 5 pints if Saints get a shot on target.

 

Thats a shame, i was looking forward to a pint tonight!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Very much all this and....

Redmond runs forward and Redmond turns and passes back.

Vestergaard 50 yard ball to Walker Peters but it’s sussed and cut out.

Pass, pass, pass, pass pass and pass to Forster and boom towards a tall defenders head.

Ings badly passes it back and the whole team are up shit creek.

Son finds himself unmarked to score yet again.

And finally you must down 5 pints if Saints get a shot on target.

 

God forbid we score early and go on to lose - I'll need an ambulance. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A little more positivity on throw ins, stop this bloody crab football and attack!  Spurs are and attacking side and leave big gaps at the back. Hit Son hard at the first  opportunity. Provoke. Dele Alli because he's like Humpty Dumpty and don't like it mentioned  and he will get booked. We can get three points out of this. Then poke two fingers up to Mr. Levy.

I live in hope.

 

Edited by hasper57saint
Textual wording
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Drinking game rules for tonight - shots shots shots!

  • Commentator mentions "9-0"
  • Bednarek making a suicide run out to the wing to intercept a winger and completely missing the ball
  • Someone calling James Ward Prowse a "dead ball specialist"
  • Diallo giving the ball away in midfield when all he had to do was pass it 4 yards
  • Walcott being Walcott and losing the ball to no one
  • Che Adams firing the ball at a billion miles an hour into a defender's shins from 5 yards.

Saints player has 2 options to play in a decisive ball for a great scoring chance, 1 shot for passes it straight to the only defender, 2 shots for tries to dribble through and runs straight into only defender, 3 shots for stops, turns back, plays ball back to a defender. 

Edited by OttawaSaint
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Well we all know what happens here don't we. Bale will absolutely destroy us, to prove a point to Mourinho.

We're fucked,  Ralph knows that, he always plays McCarthy when expecting to concede a ton of goals. No balance to defence and no midfield. We'll concede at least 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just wow!

Hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Assume Salisu at LB unless he is going 3 at the back.  They should waltz through the middle of the park - Armstrong is an attacking midfielder not a holding midfielder.

Do not understand the recall for Macarthy at all.....Forster has actually done nothing wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting lineup. Is Bertrand injured or have we decided to move on from him completely.

Glad to see Mccarthy back and adams too.

Understand freshening up the 10's too.

While Armstrong did better in CM than i expected last time he had to deputise there i still find it bizarre that Jankewitz is constantly included on bench but never given a minute's game time.

Edited by Baird of the land
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fanimal said:

Already had two pints today and still dreading it...

Gin and tonic here (domestic measure..). Actually I was getting ready for my birthday tomorrow and I always get depressed on my birthday, so I'll start early..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})