Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread

AlexLaw76

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Spurs v Saints - Game thread
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic

Fuck off those that don’t want to sign new contracts and get some players on that want to play for the club.

At the moment I’ve only got 4 players starting against Spurs on Weds.

Oh yes that Son is going to get a hatrick.

Edited by Pilchards

Forster; KWP, Vestergaard, Salisu, Bertrand; Jankewitz, JWP, Tella, Armstrong; Adams, Ings. 

Subs: McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Ferry, Diallo, Djenepo, Minamino, Walcott, Redmond.

Bednarek needs a game or two away from the starting 11 and Diallo has been very poor lately. I'd also bring Adams back in for Redmond who has reverted back to his usual self. 

• Like 3

Forster

KWP Salisu Vestegaard Bertrand

JWP Diallo

Armstrong Minamino

Adams Ings 

Subs- Redmond, Djenepo and Walcott to try and change things for us

I wouldn’t be opposed to Jankewitz starting this one to be fair, but only if he is in our plans for next season. 

The right thing to do would be to leave out those who can't be arsed because they're going to leave and to give game time to those who will be here next season - even if it means us not picking up another point.

I'm fully expecting more of the same though and to be honest I'm not sure I can watch those same players go through the motions again.

Really can't see the players being up for this, they drifted through a semi final without laying a glove on Leicester, we've now got to play Super league Spurs who despite struggling recently will have too much for us. 

3 hours ago, StrangelyBrown said:

The right thing to do would be to leave out those who can't be arsed because they're going to leave and to give game time to those who will be here next season - even if it means us not picking up another point.

I'm fully expecting more of the same though and to be honest I'm not sure I can watch those same players go through the motions again.

That pretty much sums up my view. Only Armstrong seemed to be trying yesterday. Play the peripheral players, as we won't be picking up any points for a while.

Just now, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Apparently refused too take players into training this morning as protest against clubs super League admission 👀

If that is true then he earns some additional respect from me. I'd love if it this were the case. Love it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Apparently refused too take players into training this morning as protest against clubs super League admission 👀

He's not stupid. Knew it was a good out, and paints him as a picture of sainthood. Gets paid off big bucks every two years. It's his MO

• Like 2

Jose is not as bad as people paint him.

I like Ralph but he has alienated players as well, Jose is a serial winner, Spurs were never the correct club for him.

It would be good if he has made a stand, but Levy and co dont care what he or anybody else think.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I reckon he was nervous about facing an on-fire Southampton attack and jumped before he was pushed. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Jose is not as bad as people paint him.

I like Ralph but he has alienated players as well, Jose was a serial winner, Spurs were never the correct club for him.

It would be good if he has made a stand, but Levy and co dont care what he or anybody else think.

Corrected it for you. He's a busted flush. His return to Chelsea, his tenure at Man Utd and now his time at Spurs have all been pretty average at best.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

Corrected it for you. He's a busted flush. His return to Chelsea, his tenure at Man Utd and now his time at Spurs have all been pretty average at best.

Eh? Didn't he win the league at Chelsea?  Tough crowd on here if that is under the pretty average category 😄

5 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

That may be the case but Imo he wasnt given the time or players to make the move upwards. Pogba really made it difficult and I agree he falls out with good players. To be fair though you need the players to pull with you. Sadly there are a lot of 'Me' men out there instead of team men and the new generation coming through must be a nightmare to deal with.

23 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Do you want them to now then? 🙄

You were panicking about them taking him a while ago. 😫

Hmmm. Good point tbh. I think I didn't then, but now wouldn't be absolutely devastated. We'd get compensation, and I'm not convinced he is actually all that for a club with our resources (ie none).

Surely there has to be some response from yesterday, drop the ones that had bad games and give others a chance to fight for their places next season. Bednarek, Diallo, Forster, Redmond, arguably Ings should be benched, Bertrand too if we can find another LB from somewhere in the academy.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Spurs 2-1 Saints - Game thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic