Jump to content

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Adams, Tella, Livramento

2 of them should be starting by default. Would be interesting to see Livramento fitted into the side as a starter as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Instant Classic said:

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

Yeah I think COVID has made these pricks even worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

The team we put out today were. Bit don't let the fact that do many were missing detract from your glee.

 

42 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

But at least you are happy though

 

36 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Nah, I'd have worn my football boots if I had a chance to get on the pitch. Other posters have saved me the bother of pointing out your delight in being shit. I was right about the masochism.

That doesn’t really work though, does it. 

As many have pointed out, all I do is moan about us being shit… why would I be happy that we actually are shit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Instant Classic said:

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

Saints win ore-season friendly against opposition below us. Meh. 
 

Saints lose heavily (dominated) a week out from the start of the season, against a team of the quality we’ll play week in, week out. Worrying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure that this result proves anything we didn’t know already. Our first XI is alright, we have 2 or 3 genuine first team options outside of that, much of the rest of the squad options are worrying, and we need to replace our premier striker.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Instant Classic said:

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

I agree with your sentiments, but I would add that we have looked very flat in both games this week coupled with the sudden departure of Ings, the continued absence of depth/strength in key areas (Defensive midfield, centre halves, striker ) is certainly a worry. 

We need some fresh blood to lively up the team, but realistically that isn't going to happen for a few more weeks i.e. by the time we have agreed price/negotiate/integrate into team will all take time.  

I still think a point next week is possible and would be a decent start - but I remain worried that momentum isn't with us  and a few bad results could quickly knock our confidence and mean our season consists of one long dog fight. 

Let's see how we get on with the real footy starting next Saturday. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Instant Classic said:

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

No one really reacted like that. A few are concerned about how weak the defence/GK are, how thin we are up top and the increased pressure on the mids to play flawlessly to prop up our defence and attack. 

The short bench experiment was a bit odd IMO. Hopefully we get a couple more in the squad between now and next weekend and that the team that starts is stronger than the one we saw today.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SKD said:

Saints win ore-season friendly against opposition below us. Meh. 
 

Saints lose heavily (dominated) a week out from the start of the season, against a team of the quality we’ll play week in, week out. Worrying. 

To be honest, I've given up using pre season of being an indicator for form. 

I usually go to one each season then regret it as they're usually crap, didn't bother this year..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the forward line today I can’t remember a more ineffective one in a long time . Obafemi looks muscle bound and hardly got a kick. 
Our creative players just didn’t perform, some impact by Tino and looks a prospect but shows how bad we are when an 18 year old is the only shining light.

Salisu and Romeu were usual standard the rest were below average.

Perraud can defend but height is an issue from set pieces.

Moussa is to left backs what Long is to forwards staying onside so out of depth both of them.

maybe what was needed before the forum but if they don’t know now never will what’s needed forward, Romeu cover and defender oh McCarthy is awful 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Instant Classic said:

Saints win in pre-season friendly: It's just preseason, don't get carried away, we're still terrible, results mean nothing in preseason.

Saints lose in pre-season friendly: OMG WHAT WAS SH1T, THIS IS THE WORST TEAM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE, RALPH OUT, BOARD OUT, PLAYERS OUT, FANS OUT, RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING AT THIS STAGE TO GIVE THE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!!

 

13 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah I think COVID has made these pricks even worse. 

Amazing isnt it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back and have to say we were pretty poor. Long and Obafemi should be nowhere near a Premier League squad and Djenny is not a LB. positives were Livramento and seeing Romeu back fully fit but not much else. Perraud looked okay enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SKD said:

Saints reserves win ore-season friendly against opposition below us. Meh. 
 

Saints reserves lose heavily (dominated) a week out from the start of the season, against a team of the quality we’ll play week in, week out. Worrying. 

Fixed it for you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My view on today's friendly.

1. We had a scratch side out.
2. So did Bilbao as they are playing Liverpool tomorrow!!!!
3. Good points:
     Salisu
     Romeu
     Decent cameo from the new lad from Chelsea
4. Worrying points
    i) All three goals came from Saints mistakes
    ie McCarthy plus lack of height in the side for the first goal
        Armstrong falling over the ball giving possession away for the second
        Obefemi losing possession around the Bilbao penalty area then Bednerak OG for the third
     ii) Although Djnepo looked good going forward at times, he is DEFINITELY not a left back.
     iii) Shane Long(!!!) - Nice guy but totally useless as a Premier League forward.
     iv) Obefemi - cant see him making any consistent impact in the Prem.
     v) McCarthy - today I can understand why he is criticised by many on here.  Forster has to start as No 1 keeper.
     vi) Height up front - we need this if only as an option off the bench.
    vii) The standard of top level Premiership football has moved on in contrast to us who have regressed.
           That said I have been a supporter for longer than most on here and I have suffered such situations many times in my life as a long standing Saints
           fan. All I can say is I guess it is better to struggle in the top league (where I never expected us to reach when I was  nipper) than to be nonentities
           in the lower divisions as so many other clubs, including those not too far away, are experiencing.

 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

My view on today's friendly.

1. We had a scratch side out.
2. So did Bilbao as they are playing Liverpool tomorrow!!!!
3. Good points:
     Salisu
     Romeu
     Decent cameo from the new lad from Chelsea
4. Worrying points
    i) All three goals came from Saints mistakes
    ie McCarthy plus lack of height in the side for the first goal
        Armstrong falling over the ball giving possession away for the second
        Obefemi losing possession around the Bilbao penalty area then Bednerak OG for the third
     ii) Although Djnepo looked good going forward at times, he is DEFINITELY not a left back.
     iii) Shane Long(!!!) - Nice guy but totally useless as a Premier League forward.
     iv) Obefemi - cant see him making any consistent impact in the Prem.
     v) McCarthy - today I can understand why he is criticised by many on here.  Forster has to start as No 1 keeper.
     vi) Height up front - we need this if only as an option off the bench.
    vii) The standard of top level Premiership football has moved on in contrast to us who have regressed.
           That said I have been a supporter for longer than most on here and I have suffered such situations many times in my life as a long standing Saints
           fan. All I can say is I guess it is better to struggle in the top league (where I never expected us to reach when I was  nipper) than to be nonentities
           in the lower divisions as so many other clubs, including those not too far away, are experiencing.

 

 

 

Agree with all of that

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

My view on today's friendly.

1. We had a scratch side out.
2. So did Bilbao as they are playing Liverpool tomorrow!!!!
3. Good points:
     Salisu
     Romeu
     Decent cameo from the new lad from Chelsea
4. Worrying points
    i) All three goals came from Saints mistakes
    ie McCarthy plus lack of height in the side for the first goal
        Armstrong falling over the ball giving possession away for the second
        Obefemi losing possession around the Bilbao penalty area then Bednerak OG for the third
     ii) Although Djnepo looked good going forward at times, he is DEFINITELY not a left back.
     iii) Shane Long(!!!) - Nice guy but totally useless as a Premier League forward.
     iv) Obefemi - cant see him making any consistent impact in the Prem.
     v) McCarthy - today I can understand why he is criticised by many on here.  Forster has to start as No 1 keeper.
     vi) Height up front - we need this if only as an option off the bench.
    vii) The standard of top level Premiership football has moved on in contrast to us who have regressed.
           That said I have been a supporter for longer than most on here and I have suffered such situations many times in my life as a long standing Saints
           fan. All I can say is I guess it is better to struggle in the top league (where I never expected us to reach when I was  nipper) than to be nonentities
           in the lower divisions as so many other clubs, including those not too far away, are experiencing.

 

 

 

Good summation of where we are now.it looks like a long season ahead with many disappointments unless we bring in some talented forwards

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Fixed it for you :)

Reserves 😂 yes, let’s pretend that all but 3 of those won’t be in contention (and likely) to start next week 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to say how disappointed I was with Valery>
I always thought he had something in him but he was poor although, to be fair, he was asked to play as an attacking midfielder second half which was completely beyond his capabilities

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I forgot to say how disappointed I was with Valery>
I always thought he had something in him but he was poor although, to be fair, he was asked to play as an attacking midfielder second half which was completely beyond his capabilities

I thought Valery was our standout performer first half. Given a lot of the ball, beat a man and showed good skill on 4 or 5 occasions and whipped in 2 or 3 good crosses which could’ve been converted. Also put in 3 or 4 good tackles. Second half not quite as good in a different position, but didn’t think he was awful there either.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

So the forward line today I can’t remember a more ineffective one in a long time . Obafemi looks muscle bound and hardly got a kick. 
Our creative players just didn’t perform, some impact by Tino and looks a prospect but shows how bad we are when an 18 year old is the only shining light.

Salisu and Romeu were usual standard the rest were below average.

Perraud can defend but height is an issue from set pieces.

Moussa is to left backs what Long is to forwards staying onside so out of depth both of them.

maybe what was needed before the forum but if they don’t know now never will what’s needed forward, Romeu cover and defender oh McCarthy is awful 

Agree with that, not been that impressed with Perraud and Djenepo at left was often out of position. 

Armstrong looked frustrated and seemed to be moaning at the bench about something, probably saying what's the point making runs with the two wallies Michael and Shane offering nothing in front of him. 

Luckily we know that's not our strongest team , if it was we should just ask for a fast track to the Championship. 

New lad from Chelsea looks very capable. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At full time Ralph got down the tunnel damned quickly, and for the second half I though he looked very frustrated / pissed off (with a week to go before the season starts why did he keep Long on for the whole game, and when he finally makes a change for Tella he choses Obafemi).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

At full time Ralph got down the tunnel damned quickly, and for the second half I though he looked very frustrated / pissed off (with a week to go before the season starts why did he keep Long on for the whole game, and when he finally makes a change for Tella he choses Obafemi).

Obafemi had an injury by look of way he was limping

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-season doesn't mean shit. Who remembers the Branfoot days? Didn't we win every pre-season game when he first took charge?

Roll on next Sat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rut said:

Pre-season doesn't mean shit. Who remembers the Branfoot days? Didn't we win every pre-season game when he first took charge?

Roll on next Sat.

Nothing to worry about next Saturday with a strike force of Long and Adams we will take the premier league by storm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SKD said:

why would I be happy that we actually are shit?

Where shall I start? You consistently get excited when Saints perform badly, sell a good player, buy a failure, miss out on an unrealistic transfer "target".

Never a positive word when things go well.

Determined to crank up disquiet and pessimism.

Simply behaviour that isn't consistent with actually being a Saints fan. So I guess you're not.

I'm a lifelong fan. I celebrate the good things and get down when things go wrong. I think the reverse is true in your case. The evidence is obvious.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rut said:

Pre-season doesn't mean shit. Who remembers the Branfoot days? Didn't we win every pre-season game when he first took charge?

Roll on next Sat.

It always seems to me that our season is the opposite of pre-season. I remember once hammering several weak teams in pre-season then getting relegated. And having no results before the real kick-off but having a decent season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Where shall I start? You consistently get excited when Saints perform badly, sell a good player, buy a failure, miss out on an unrealistic transfer "target".

Never a positive word when things go well.

Determined to crank up disquiet and pessimism.

Simply behaviour that isn't consistent with actually being a Saints fan. So I guess you're not.

I'm a lifelong fan. I celebrate the good things and get down when things go wrong. I think the reverse is true in your case. The evidence is obvious.

When have I got excited about those things? I get a lot of hate for moaning about those exact Things, so which one is it? 

Also a lifelong saints fan, one who’s seen us fall down the leagues and bounce back up. I’ve been from Carlisle to Israel watching (getting disappointed by) saints. Just because I point out failures by the club, it doesn’t make me any less of a fan. 

Perhaps I’m over pessimistic, however, the reality is, since my time as a poster on here, we’ve not had a great deal to shout about in a positive manner. Hoping for 3 teams worse than us each season is a pretty miserable existence. 

Like it or not, we’re skint and absolutely garbage. Until we’re taken over, were going to continue to be. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SKD said:

When have I got excited about those things? I get a lot of hate for moaning about those exact Things, so which one is it? 

Also a lifelong saints fan, one who’s seen us fall down the leagues and bounce back up. I’ve been from Carlisle to Israel watching (getting disappointed by) saints. Just because I point out failures by the club, it doesn’t make me any less of a fan. 

Perhaps I’m over pessimistic, however, the reality is, since my time as a poster on here, we’ve not had a great deal to shout about in a positive manner. Hoping for 3 teams worse than us each season is a pretty miserable existence. 

Like it or not, we’re skint and absolutely garbage. Until we’re taken over, were going to continue to be. 

Happy clapping and heads firmly buried in the sand is rife on here .I agree with the above .we are bang in trouble if we don’t replace ings with a striker who can hit the ground running..we need investment badly ..watching the foxes lift another trophy yesterday makes me think if we were run properly as club previously..then that could have been us ..we are in shit state but at some stage it will change but I think it will take relegation to change it .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SKD said:

When have I got excited about those things? I get a lot of hate for moaning about those exact Things, so which one is it? 

Also a lifelong saints fan, one who’s seen us fall down the leagues and bounce back up. I’ve been from Carlisle to Israel watching (getting disappointed by) saints. Just because I point out failures by the club, it doesn’t make me any less of a fan. 

Perhaps I’m over pessimistic, however, the reality is, since my time as a poster on here, we’ve not had a great deal to shout about in a positive manner. Hoping for 3 teams worse than us each season is a pretty miserable existence. 

Like it or not, we’re skint and absolutely garbage. Until we’re taken over, were going to continue to be. 

Do you still admire Pompey for having more going for them than we do?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Do you still admire Pompey for having more going for them than we do?

It appears in hindsight, that was incorrect. Tbh, I don’t play much attention to them. On the face of it, they had a rich owner who appeared to be investing (that has since changed it seems). 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Happy clapping and heads firmly buried in the sand is rife on here .I agree with the above .we are bang in trouble if we don’t replace ings with a striker who can hit the ground running..we need investment badly ..watching the foxes lift another trophy yesterday makes me think if we were run properly as club previously..then that could have been us ..we are in shit state but at some stage it will change but I think it will take relegation to change it .

There is difference between a happy clapper and being a miserable cunt always moaning.  We all know it is a bit shit but some just delight in slagging everything off always.

And it wasn’t a trophy. You’ll be praising Rodgers for a historic treble of the Asian Cup, the FA Cup and the Community Shield. Up there with Fergie. 

how about not always comparing us with Leicester and trying some of similar clubs in Championship? Like spoiled kids coveting the one thing they don’t have. Leicester is a freakish scenario but a great one. PL is shit and gulf getting bigger each year with money and marketing.
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whelk said:

 

how about not always comparing us with Leicester and trying some of similar clubs in Championship? Like spoiled kids coveting the one thing they don’t have. Leicester is a freakish scenario but a great one. PL is shit and gulf getting bigger each year with money and marketing.
 

 

People compare us with Leicester because, rightly or wrongly, it’s where people think we could have been with a bit of investment / ambition in the Poch / Koeman years. 

Personally, I’ve always compared us with Swansea. I think our similarities are pretty striking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SKD said:

People compare us with Leicester because, rightly or wrongly, it’s where people think we could have been with a bit of investment / ambition in the Poch / Koeman years. 

Personally, I’ve always compared us with Swansea. I think our similarities are pretty striking. 

Yeah would have been great if we did have that investment. But no doubt loads of clubs have looked at us a a role model club over the years. It is all a bit cyclical and doubt in 10 years time Leicester will be kicking around top 6. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SKD said:

People compare us with Leicester because, rightly or wrongly, it’s where people think we could have been with a bit of investment / ambition in the Poch / Koeman years. 

Personally, I’ve always compared us with Swansea. I think our similarities are pretty striking. 

wind up alert, Swansea ffs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SKD said:

Hoping for 3 teams worse than us each season is a pretty miserable existence. 

It's made football stale for me. 

We've been in this league for 10 years now, we should be looking at that top half but we can't compete. The owner is a massive handicap for this club, its not going to change anytime soon either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The main questions that needs answering is was the £2.5m spent on stadium improvements money well spent? How was your match day experience enhanced?

No evidence Of that in the Itchen last Wednesday and no sign of any work going on last Friday either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldNick said:

wind up alert, Swansea ffs

to be honest if Gabbiadini never scored that goal away at the Liberty stadium we'd most likely be where they are right now.

All ifs and buts tho, but what a huge goal that was or else we'd likely have gone down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The main questions that needs answering is was the £2.5m spent on stadium improvements money well spent? How was your match day experience enhanced?

I thought the club said it was starting ASAP to be finished for the October international break.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turkish said:

The main questions that needs answering is was the £2.5m spent on stadium improvements money well spent? How was your match day experience enhanced?

Well, that's pretty much the end of pre-season and here is where we are, two of our best and most experience players have left, two more have not featured so far and will be nowhere near ready for PL action and one or two of our regulars like Bednarek are seemingly all at sea. We have brought in a couple of kids with potential and a full back and there is an outside chance of a striker coming in who will not be ready to slot into the side for a week or two. Could there be a worse possible situation for the toughest of starts?

Navigating the weeks ahead will be a perilous journey for sure. Will the team have the character to recover if they start badly? Romeu as Captain can be relied on to fight to the end, Tella looks up for a scrap and maybe KWP, Armstrong and Redmond will give their all but who is there beyond that? Salisu and Diallo are relative novices in this league and will make mistakes as they settle in to starting roles. Djenepo and Adams are unreliable and Walcott's situation is puzzling. Carrying an injury? Whatever despite a new contract he didn't figure much in pre-season. The going is going to be tough.

Based on what we have seen so far our best XI seems to be;

Forster;  Walker Peters - Stevens - Salisu - Perraud; Romeu - Diallo; Armstrong - Redmond; Tella - Walcott.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St Louis said:

I thought the club said it was starting ASAP to be finished for the October international break.

Then why did they feel the need to close the Kingsland for the two home friendlies?

Unfortunately, the area originally purchased is still undergoing some work in the concourse and will not be open for this match.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Well, that's pretty much the end of pre-season and here is where we are, two of our best and most experience players have left, two more have not featured so far and will be nowhere near ready for PL action and one or two of our regulars like Bednarek are seemingly all at sea. We have brought in a couple of kids with potential and a full back and there is an outside chance of a striker coming in who will not be ready to slot into the side for a week or two. Could there be a worse possible situation for the toughest of starts?

Navigating the weeks ahead will be a perilous journey for sure. Will the team have the character to recover if they start badly? Romeu as Captain can be relied on to fight to the end, Tella looks up for a scrap and maybe KWP, Armstrong and Redmond will give their all but who is there beyond that? Salisu and Diallo are relative novices in this league and will make mistakes as they settle in to starting roles. Djenepo and Adams are unreliable and Walcott's situation is puzzling. Carrying an injury? Whatever despite a new contract he didn't figure much in pre-season. The going is going to be tough.

Based on what we have seen so far our best XI seems to be;

Forster;  Walker Peters - Stevens - Salisu - Perraud; Romeu - Diallo; Armstrong - Redmond; Tella - Walcott.

In his post match interview Walcott said he feels fully fit and looked mentally in a good place. Maybe he should start against his old club Everton next week. See what he can do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to clear something up that's been on my mind regarding the hangover from last season. It's been quoted many times that the second half of the season was very poor and this is an indicator of our mind set and how we're going to perform in the coming season and I'd sort of accepted this because that's kind of how it felt but the form tables show it was a little different to how it felt

Last 6 matches - we were 14th in the form table 

Last 8 - 16th

Last 10 - 14th

Last 12 - 14th (roughly the last third of the season)

In comparison Everton were 15th (6), 11th (8), 12 (10 and 13th (12)

I'm not saying we're world beaters but we're not certain relegation fodder either. We've lost Ings but I'd argue that the rest of the squad is bigger and stronger and we're not carrying the fatigue or injuries that we had in the second half of last season

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Highfield Saint said:

Just want to clear something up that's been on my mind regarding the hangover from last season. It's been quoted many times that the second half of the season was very poor and this is an indicator of our mind set and how we're going to perform in the coming season and I'd sort of accepted this because that's kind of how it felt but the form tables show it was a little different to how it felt

Last 6 matches - we were 14th in the form table 

Last 8 - 16th

Last 10 - 14th

Last 12 - 14th (roughly the last third of the season)

In comparison Everton were 15th (6), 11th (8), 12 (10 and 13th (12)

I'm not saying we're world beaters but we're not certain relegation fodder either. We've lost Ings but I'd argue that the rest of the squad is bigger and stronger and we're not carrying the fatigue or injuries that we had in the second half of last season

Good post. If we can replace Ings with someone half decent (we won't get as good, that's to be expected) I and can get some decent cover at LB, I think we'll have a pretty decent squad and do OK. If not, I think it'll be a tough slog. 

Yesterday was a shocker from us, but we've been OK before then, and I don't think we're relegation fodder. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})