James Ward-Prowse

On 23/08/2021 at 09:04, S-Clarke said:

The most alarming thing in that article is the fact that he's now taken over Theo. Shouldn't he have been paid more than him already?

How much is f***ing Theo on??? The bloke isn't a footballer anymore.

As Theo was clubless he was hardly in a good bargaining position re his wages. So why pay him so much?

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Rated 81 on FIFA 22, allegedly, not that it has any bearing on his ability in life or in game. 🙄

It's really nuts how many players I've signed years ago on Fifa who turned into gems. Adam Armstrong for example - signed him a good few years ago on Fifa from Newcastle. The games shit at a lot of things but think they generally do pretty well with that bit somehow. 

23 hours ago, thesaint sfc said:

It's really nuts how many players I've signed years ago on Fifa who turned into gems. Adam Armstrong for example - signed him a good few years ago on Fifa from Newcastle. The games shit at a lot of things but think they generally do pretty well with that bit somehow. 

Yeah years back I bought the likes of “then prospects like Nathan Redmond, Nick Powell, plus the likes of Adam Armstrong etc” 🤣

Some obviously turned out better than others.

On 17/09/2021 at 14:34, thesaint sfc said:

That’s because it’s a fictional computer game. 

• Confused 2
7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

A 'fictional computer game' would be a non existent game that is made up for something like a film or book.

It may just as well be. When you can take a team from the conference to champions league winners it’s hard to take it seriously 

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest this works out quite well. He gets a nice bit of motivation out of the squad and may get a goal etc. And it gives him a couple of matches to make up for the 3 he'll miss. Then get gets a bit of a break for a few games.

Also means Diallo and Armstrong should get a chance to get some minutes under their belts without having to all be rotated around the permanent JWP.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TWar said:

Thoroughly deserved. Much better at that number 8 role than Phillips if we play a 3 man midfield

Phillips doesn’t play your so-called No 8 role. He’s just a far better footballer than Ward-Prowse will ever be. You should try going to our matches, he’s been poor this season which tells me you spend too much time on meaningless stats than actually watching a player to decide whether he’s performing.

• Like 1
Just now, SaintSteve said:

Phillips doesn’t play your so-called No 8 role. He’s just a far better footballer than Ward-Prowse will ever be. You should try going to our matches, he’s been poor this season which tells me you spend too much time on meaningless stats than actually watching a player to decide whether he’s performing.

Pretty sure I watched JWP play KP off the park last season. So much so that KP was withdrawn at half-time.

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

This isn't the worst suspension scenario for us.  With Armstrong on the way back, I'm quite looking forward to a different looking midfield. 

What we don't want to do in the next few games is lose a CB to a red. Then we are in trouble. 

Dave Merrington's cover on the forum revealed....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

To be honest this works out quite well. He gets a nice bit of motivation out of the squad and may get a goal etc. And it gives him a couple of matches to make up for the 3 he'll miss. Then get gets a bit of a break for a few games.

Also means Diallo and Armstrong should get a chance to get some minutes under their belts without having to all be rotated around the permanent JWP.

Is he likely to actually play, do you think?

1 hour ago, SaintSteve said:

IF you asked Phillips to try keep JWP out of a game, he would struggle, if you asked JWP to keep Phillips out of the game, Phillips gets pulled off at half time... tells me all i need to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm staggered that anyone seriously thinks JWP is a better player than Phillips. Sure, his dead balls are on another level, but Phillips is a better footballer. 

That said, I'm delighted JWP has been called up. 

• Like 3
Just now, egg said:

I'm staggered that anyone seriously thinks JWP is a better player than Phillips. Sure, his dead balls are on another level, but Phillips is a better footballer. 

That said, I'm delighted JWP has been called up. 

in what way is phillips better? im keen to see your evidence, ive got 2-0 loss to leeds when one was pulled off at half time cause JWP was in his face all half showing him up.... giving him no space and time to do any thing..... and you have?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Mosin said:

in what way is phillips better? im keen to see your evidence, ive got 2-0 loss to leeds when one was pulled off at half time cause JWP was in his face all half showing him up.... giving him no space and time to do any thing..... and you have?

Try watching them both play

Phillips has a better range of passing in open play, better movement, quicker speed of releasing the ball, better tackling, better aerial ability, he's faster, he reads the game better. Pretty much everything is better bar his dead ball delivery. 

I like JWP, but let's not kid ourselves he's the better player of the two, and making an assessment on one game is laughable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Mosin said:

In pretty much every single way, other than free kicks and corners. Prowse, is very average and will be nowhere near the squad when we’re needing it to be at its strongest. Rice, Bellingham, Henderson

and Phillips all ahead of him in the pecking order and rightly so. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, egg said:

Phillips has a better range of passing in open play, better movement, quicker speed of releasing the ball, better tackling, better aerial ability, he's faster, he reads the game better. Pretty much everything is better bar his dead ball delivery. 

I like JWP, but let's not kid ourselves he's the better player of the two, and making an assessment on one game is laughable. 

Agree. It was an already weak argument, but it became a lot weaker after how Phillips performed at the Euros.  

• Like 1
Just now, Dman said:

Agree. It was an already weak argument, but it became a lot weaker after how Phillips performed at the Euros.  

I can only remember him having one good game and, that was the one where almost no one else played very well. Did hardly a thing in the final.

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, egg said:

About sums it up.. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

show me?
I see just your opinion, i cant find a single website that backs you up, so as i asked, show me....
I pointed a game out, a game they both played in, one played in a 5 man midfield with 2 other cms, while one played next to Armstrong Walcot and Djen, JWP as said by the pundits at half time, was controlling the game.......................................... phillips touched the ball just 24 times in a 5 man midfield and was rightly taken off at half time and replaced and leeds ended up winning because he was dragged off.....

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Wrong, he had a couple of good games against weak oppo and went completely missing against the others, England was also the most dull team at the comp and finished the worst attacking side even though most of europes top attacking players are English......... Phillips didnt even finish one of the top 10 mids at the euros but got to the final......

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Just now, Mosin said:

show me?
I see just your opinion, i cant find a single website that backs you up, so as i asked, show me....
I pointed a game out, a game they both played in, one played in a 5 man midfield with 2 other cms, while one played next to Armstrong Walcot and Djen, JWP as said by the pundits at half time, was controlling the game.......................................... phillips touched the ball just 24 times in a 5 man midfield and was rightly taken off at half time and replaced and leeds ended up winning because he was dragged off.....

Wrong, he had a couple of good games against weak oppo and went completely missing against the others, England was also the most dull team at the comp and finished the worst attacking side even though most of europes top attacking players are English......... Phillips didnt even finish one of the top 10 mids at the euros but got to the final......

Are you serious?! You're expecting me to find a website to say that Phillips is a better player than JWP?! Behave. 

You stattos who don't understand the game get on my tits. 

Phillips is the better player.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Mosin said:

show me?

Watch and understand the game, pal. The fact you’re judging your opinion based on 1 ‘bad’ game would suggest you haven’t a clue about football, to be honest. 

It’s obviously an opinion, but it’s one that would be backed up by almost every single person (other than the weird little freaks on here, who live with red and white glasses on) including the England manager it seems. 

Phillips is a defence minded midfielder. England’s defence was very good. Him and rice done their job. If you’re looking for flare in the middle, JWP would be even further down the pecking order. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mosin said:

show me?

Or maybe not

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16019555/leeds-kalvin-phillips-england-player-year-rice-euros/

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious Phillips is the better player, especially after his Euro's. I was a little sceptical, but the summer proved what a complete player Philips actually is and he's a level above JWP, certainly in a physical sense.

JWP is a different type of midfielder and can do a different job for England than he does for us. If we're all honest we'd have Philips in our midfield in a heartbeat.

Edited by S-Clarke
11 minutes ago, egg said:

Are you serious?! You're expecting me to find a website to say that Phillips is a better player than JWP?! Behave. 

You stattos who don't understand the game get on my tits. 

Phillips is the better player.

I think you summed it up very well the other day they are the type who would read a Michel Roux recipe book and think they are a Michelin chef 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, captainchris said:

In all honesty is JWP world class ? 

This is probably his last chance with England and he needs to seize the moment. It's not at all easy to break into the squad at the moment, they have become a formidable team and certainly amongst the best in the world if not quite world beaters. He needs to show Southgate his very best attributes and try to make a compelling case for his inclusion in the final squad for next summer. If he misses out this time chances are his time has come and gone.

This must not be an unimaginative plodding performance punctuated by arm raising, silly fouls and wasted opportunities. He must be creative and fashion chances that help the likes of Grealish, Sterling & Kane do the business at the top end.

We should all wish him well. It's now or never James and your future as an international player rests entirely in your own hands and head. Remember you are not there for your so-called 'dead-ball skills'. Get out there and do us proud!

Edited by Charlie Wayman
16 hours ago, SaintSteve said:

For England he did play a no 8 role in a number of games, we played a midfield three with Rice deep and Mount/Phillips higher up. JWP is undoubtedly better at this. Also saying Phillips is a far better footballer than JWP will ever be is just flat out nonsense. JWP is easily as good as Phillips, you have no idea what you are on about. Finally, JWP has been fine this season, he is a holding mid we don't expect him to make a bunch of goals. Defensively we have kept out some good teams and limited their number of chances, holding mid is a big part of that. You don't need to understand stats to have seen that.

14 hours ago, egg said:

There is no way in hell Phillips has a better range of passing, better movement, better reading of the game. He is slightly faster and maybe tackles better although gives away a tonne of fouls. Not convinced he is much better in the air either. Surprised people are so fond of Phillips. He is an OK player but nothing special, I'd have JWP every single time.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dman said:

He wasn't great in the euros. The commentators bummed him but he had basically no creativity and that really cost us. JWP would have been better.

• Like 1