Dynel Simeu

SuperSAINT

Exactly the sort of player we need to be signing and making a success of.  This needs to be our blueprint for success.  Attracting the youth players at the top clubs who are disillusioned with not progressing at their club and have the desire to improve.  The fact this guy is apparently a Southampton lad too is a bonus of course but I'm glad we seem to be cottoning on.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sambosa75 said:

Exactly the sort of player we need to be signing and making a success of.  This needs to be our blueprint for success.  Attracting the youth players at the top clubs who are disillusioned with not progressing at their club and have the desire to improve.  The fact this guy is apparently a Southampton lad too is a bonus of course but I'm glad we seem to be cottoning on.

All this 100%.

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Salisu to replace Vestergaard as first choice.

Bednarek and Salisu as first choice pairing. Stephens and Simeu as back-up. Vestergaard sold.

Know for a fact as done or presumption it will? 

If fact, who to and how much? 

Would allow us to use the Vestergaard money to focus on other aspects of the squad that are in more need of improving. Hopefully Bednarek would also get over his recent poor spell.

Edited by HarvSFC

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Still think we'd need another CB to force Bednarek to buck his ideas up if Vestergaard went. Jan seemed way too comfortable last year. Sell Vestergaard for 20m and get someone else in for circa 10m. 

Of all the phrases I’ve ever seen used to describe Jan Bednarek, that’s the least believable.

These sorts of signings are sound. It seems as if these Chelsea youngers have got fed up with stagnating in the Chelsea Reserves or away on loan deals at Antwerp.

I agree with a previous post above - I think this will allow Salisu to become a starter, Vestergaard to leave. Simeu and Stephens as number 3 and 4 Centre backs.

That allows us to sell Vestergaard for a decent fee and reinvest that money in other areas of the squad. Could be a sound move and the bit of business that finally allows us to fill some holes in CM/wing back and maybe even up front.

Edited by S-Clarke

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

These sorts of signings are sound. It seems as if these Chelsea youngers have got fed up with stagnating in the Chelsea Reserves or away on loan deals at Antwerp.

He'd obviously get more playing time at Saints but I wonder how much we've guaranteed? Anyway, what's wrong with Antwerp, a wonderful place for both chocolate and beer?!

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

He'd obviously get more playing time at Saints but I wonder how much we've guaranteed? Anyway, what's wrong with Antwerp, a wonderful place for both chocolate and beer?!

Nothing wrong with Antwerp per-say! I just see Chelsea youngsters going back on loan there season after season, then eventually leaving on a free and never fulfilling thier potential.

I wouldn't imagine he's coming here thinking he's going to be first choice, but in and around the first team for sure would be an expectation.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

A guess...

- Salisu to replace Vestergaard as first choice.

- Bednarek and Salisu as first choice centre back pairing.

- Stephens and Simeu as back-up.

- Vestergaard sold and funds used to improve the squad in other areas.

This does sound plausible but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't our strategy at one stage to have two left footers and two right footers covering centre back? This leaves us just with Salisu

8 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

This does sound plausible but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't our strategy at one stage to have two left footers and two right footers covering centre back? This leaves us just with Salisu

We have plenty of defenders with two left feet or two right feet. It would be nice to have at least one with one of each.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Perhaps it still is. 

1 hour ago, sambosa75 said:

I agree completely...although some of the people applauding a young player wanting to leave to play football will doubtless have criticised young Jankewitz for doing the same. Regardless, we've got a good young prospect and I hope he does well. 

A guess...

- Vestergaard sold and funds used to improve the squad in other areas

Ouch - not sure about those backups, or Bednarek for that matter

A guess...

That sounds plausible to me, although I'm not convinced that Bednarek is good enough. Vestergaard should raise a few quid though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

Would it have been better 5 then he doesn’t make it? We can extend it

We do seem to struggle when the player shows they are worth extending - Hojbjerg, Vestergaard and Ings all recent examples. Perhaps slightly different with a younger player but if he’s decent we could be forced to sell in 1-2 years.

Nothing to dislike about this signing, exactly the type we should be looking to make more often.

Re Salisu & Bednarek partnership the bit that is really lacking for me is ability on the ball. Bednarek is a very safe passer and Salisu seems the same.

Can imagine oppo just letting them have the ball and covering their passing options and they would really struggle to initiate moves. Thats where Vestergaard does excel.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

A guess...

Seems a reasonable assumption. But by all accounts he wants out of Chelsea because he doesn't see a path to the first team. In that case, I doubt he would be happy to come here and be 4th choice.

7 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Seems a reasonable assumption. But by all accounts he wants out of Chelsea because he doesn't see a path to the first team. In that case, I doubt he would be happy to come here and be 4th choice.

Under MLG scenario, his competition for 3rd choice is Stephens. What more could he possibly want?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Dynel Simeu