Jump to content

Other Games 21/22


Recommended Posts

it is hard to believe that Villa conceded as they have the best manager ever to walk the planet. He’s a winner is our Stevie G just look at him, grimace, smile, wave arms….. he does all this as a winner would do.

he could well turn out to be a good manager but fucking hell the fawning media and general love in is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stknowle said:

What is the official law regarding a goalkeeper having control of a ball? Genuine question. Whitey?

Ridiculous decision. The rule always used to be that the keeper had to have two hands on the ball. Schmeichel had only one hand on the ball so it's fair game for Villa players to go for it. Schmeichel made a big mistake and Oliver dug him out,

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

Ridiculous decision. The rule always used to be that the keeper had to have two hands on the ball. Schmeichel had only one hand on the ball so it's fair game for Villa players to go for it. Schmeichel made a big mistake and Oliver dug him out,

.

On Sky they just checked the rule and it seems the keeper needs to have one hand on the ball for a spilt second for it to be deemed in his control. Ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Imagine the state of the Monchenglabach message board at the moment.

 

 

Screenshot_20211205-172240.jpg

There's a poster on there called TKrieg currently telling everyone how the manager did get things tactically spot on in the first half, but people like you wouldn't really understand that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

Ridiculous decision. The rule always used to be that the keeper had to have two hands on the ball. Schmeichel had only one hand on the ball so it's fair game for Villa players to go for it. Schmeichel made a big mistake and Oliver dug him out,

.

As you say "the rule used to be" but it's not anym so the correct decision was applied in this case. A goalkeeper is deemed to be in control of the ball when it's in their hands or between a hand and any surface.

Screenshot_20211205-173103.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Cat said:

As you say "the rule used to be" but it's not anym so the correct decision was applied in this case. A goalkeeper is deemed to be in control of the ball when it's in their hands or between a hand and any surface.

Screenshot_20211205-173103.jpg

See my second post after hearing explanation on Sky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Teddeer said:

See my second post after hearing explanation on Sky.

Yeah I didn't see that as I started typing my post and then got given a cup of tea and a biscuit so stopped to eat that and then carried on before posting it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

On Sky they just checked the rule and it seems the keeper needs to have one hand on the ball for a spilt second for it to be deemed in his control. Ridiculous.

Officially the correct decision then. If that definition is correct then if a keeper's hand and an attacker's foot meet the ball at the exact same time then any goal that results should not be given as the keeper had his hand on the ball for the same split second that the attacker's boot was on it.  I suppose if a keeper was stood there with the ball held in one upturned palm ready to launch it and an attacker booted it out of his hand nobody would complain if any resulting goal was chalked off. This one felt wrong though, was never in his control. Like many/most things in football the issue is grey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

It's not like that at all, Pompey always have been and always will be our rivals, I don't hate them any less because they are a couple of leagues below us. I'm sure Newcastle fans still sing about Sunderland even though they are in the same league as Pompey.

I was born in Fareham and went to school there so I know about the rivalry. That's why I know that Pompey fans love us singing about them on TV.  It makes them feel big. It doesn't help our team in any Premier League game we are playing. It simply gives Pompey more media coverage than other League One teams get, thanks to our gullible fans.  Every home game at St Mary's the first song the Northam/Kingsland corner starts is always about Pompey. I've seen televised Newcastle games and not heard songs about Sunderland and I've seen televised Pompey games and not heard songs about Saints but every single televised game at St Mary's everyone can clearly hear the songs about Pompey. As I said, it is small time and embarrassing and gives far more credit to a lower league team than it deserves. We are bigging them up and they love it and this is a team that lost its last home game against Harrogate in front of just 7,000 fans. WHY do fans of clubs like Liverpool and Man United need to hear us singing about Pompey as if they were at the same level??? 

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

I was born in Fareham and went to school there so I know about the rivalry. That's why I know that Pompey fans love us singing about them on TV.  It makes them feel big. It doesn't help our team in any Premier League game we are playing. It simply gives Pompey more media coverage than other League One teams get, thanks to our gullible fans.  Every home game at St Mary's the first song the Northam/Kingsland corner starts is always about Pompey. I've seen televised Newcastle games and not heard songs about Sunderland and I've seen televised Pompey games and not heard songs about Saints but every single televised game at St Mary's everyone can clearly hear the songs about Pompey. As I said, it is small time and embarrassing and gives far more credit to a lower league team than it deserves. We are bigging them up and they love it and this is a team that lost its last home game against Harrogate in front of just 7,000 fans. WHY do fans of clubs like Liverpool and Man United need to hear us singing about Pompey as if they were at our level???

It is annoying how much media coverage songs at St Mary’s are given. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on at Leicester then?

A squad with loads of quality and a manager that a lot of people think is really good yet they are struggling in mid table obscurity. Other than beating Watford their recent results are drawing with us and Leeds, getting battered by Chelsea and now losing to Villa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Cat said:

What's going on at Leicester then?

A squad with loads of quality and a manager that a lot of people think is really good yet they are struggling in mid table obscurity. Other than beating Watford their recent results are drawing with us and Leeds, getting battered by Chelsea and now losing to Villa.

Rodgers is overrated IMO. Liverpool went stale with him after a couple of seasons too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure why they’re ignoring Iheanacho again. He changed their form around when he came into their team last season and ended up their top goal scorer in all competitions. Now, he’s back out of the side and even behind Daka in the pecking order.

When Rodgers’ Liverpool lost Suarez and Sterling they weren’t the same team and he didn’t have an answer for it. Now, this Leicester side have Schmeichel and Vardy on the decline and have Fofana out with a serious injury. Albrighton was an underrated David type too, but he’s done now. See if Rodger’s has answers this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

There's a poster on there called TKrieg currently telling everyone how the manager did get things tactically spot on in the first half, but people like you wouldn't really understand that.

But fortunately for everyone Monchengladbach are run by people like him

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Anyone else following the villa goal debate? Just watching Demot making shit up as he goes along on Sky. What a crock.

This is why VAR can never work. Its still someone's interpretation, they will make it fit. 

Either the keeper has control of the ball or he doesn't........

They had a debate about this on MOTD2 yesterday. The wording of the interpretation of the Law is imprecise. In my view merely touching the ball with your hand does not mean that you have 'control of the ball'. In my day it was 'two hands good, one hand bad'. Simple enough for everybody to understand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who reads Billy Shite's match reports will know how Mike Dean saw that kick in the face:

"Soft Southern Bastard. He shouldn't be on the pitch if he can't take a boot in the face."

The Arsenal player was lucky to escape a booking from Dean for simulation. 

 

Edited by Tamesaint
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t particularly like Everton but i really feel for them there, there’s no way that’s offside - what happened to the supposed thicker lines?? Isn’t football an entertainment business and we should give attackers the benefit of the doubt to encourage higher scoring games rather than 0-0’s

Edited by warwicksaint
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Similarly I cannot bear Everton but the second disallowed “offside” goal is completely against the spirit of the game  even if the VAR officials think they can see a couple of millimetres positioning difference. The defender was several yards away. 

Edited by adrian lord
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton clear the ball up the pitch in the sixth minute of stoppage time and the ensuing 50-50 melee almost gets them a goal. Perhaps we could show JWP a video of that.

Edit: On Saturday Aubameyang slams that last kick of the match right in the bottom corner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the way things are shaping up, I think it's 5 from 3 for the drop. We're part of that 5.

Newcastle will spend and will inevitably get out of it. Burnley, not sure, could be the year it's just a bit too much for them - although they have a knack of grounding out results when it matters.

Watford will be one of our main rivals for 18th come the end, I think. They make me nervous as they have goal scorers and match winning attackers in their team. Norwich, I think, are probably a lost cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Looking at the way things are shaping up, I think it's 5 from 3 for the drop. We're part of that 5.

Newcastle will spend and will inevitably get out of it. Burnley, not sure, could be the year it's just a bit too much for them - although they have a knack of grounding out results when it matters.

Watford will be one of our main rivals for 18th come the end, I think. They make me nervous as they have goal scorers and match winning attackers in their team. Norwich, I think, are probably a lost cause.

Newcastle have got a lot to do, and will be in the mix right until the end. But we are right in it, as was pretty obvious at the start of the season. 

We are without question one of the worst five teams in the division, so just a case of whether we can do enough to stay up to look forward to another season of trying to stay up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Looking at the way things are shaping up, I think it's 5 from 3 for the drop. We're part of that 5.

Newcastle will spend and will inevitably get out of it. Burnley, not sure, could be the year it's just a bit too much for them - although they have a knack of grounding out results when it matters.

Watford will be one of our main rivals for 18th come the end, I think. They make me nervous as they have goal scorers and match winning attackers in their team. Norwich, I think, are probably a lost cause.

3 from 5 hopefully....! But yeah, I know what you mean.   I think we are firmly in the relegation league now, problem is the players will probably not realise the extent of the problem until matchday 30 odd.  I agree,  Newcastle could well rally and spend their way out of trouble which leaves us, Watford and Burnley.  Sean Dyche always seems to find a way to get safe, so it's going to be a real battle.   The bottom line is we are pretty crap and if we don't go this season it's highly likely we go the next.  We are only delaying the inevitable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Micky said:

3 from 5 hopefully....! But yeah, I know what you mean.   I think we are firmly in the relegation league now, problem is the players will probably not realise the extent of the problem until matchday 30 odd.  I agree,  Newcastle could well rally and spend their way out of trouble which leaves us, Watford and Burnley.  Sean Dyche always seems to find a way to get safe, so it's going to be a real battle.   The bottom line is we are pretty crap and if we don't go this season it's highly likely we go the next.  We are only delaying the inevitable. 

That's what I meant, it's been a long day..!

It feels as if we've been delaying the inevitable for many years to be honest. Our 'end of the lockdown season' was seemingly the freak, the consistent theme has been relegation flirters for the last 5 years. Eventually you go, especially when in that 5 years you've not had the ability to actually improve on the failings. We're weaker this year than previous which makes it even more precarious this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})