Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

10 minutes ago, WestMidSaint said:

I'm going to drive up from Birmingham with the kids. Can anyone advise whether I should fight the traffic and book a local car park or if there's an easy train/park & ride option on the way up?

Manc Airport has a tram link direct to the city centre and, I think, to the stadium.

Easy to get to off the M56 if you're coming up from Brum, but will probably be costly.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

I wish we signed Edouard instead of that migget Armstrong

Why? Because he scored a couple of late goals against a tired Spurs, playing with 10 men and missing their 4 first choice CBs?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WestMidSaint said:

I'm going to drive up from Birmingham with the kids. Can anyone advise whether I should fight the traffic and book a local car park or if there's an easy train/park & ride option on the way up?

I parked at Eccles a few years back and took the tram.  It was about 45 mins on the tram if I remember correctly, but took the hassle out of driving and the car park was only a few quid.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RichTea said:

I parked at Eccles a few years back and took the tram.  It was about 45 mins on the tram if I remember correctly, but took the hassle out of driving and the car park was only a few quid.

We usually park at Altrincham and take the metro from there. It is easy to get to from the M6

Prior to the defensive performance vs west ham game, i would have said this was a case of letting the molestation begin... but now I am not so sure.

I could see this going two ways, one being where go full yolo and get hit for 5 (regardless of however many we score), or we try to follow the mould of the 1-0 win, take our chances and keep it tight whilst strangling their midfield. They don't really have a striker so i would say we can get a point if we setup right.

Think we should definitely be playing livramento and KWP on the same side for this one! Their pace plus perraud and salisu will give us the ability to carry a threat going forward and mitigate the risk on the counter.

We should definitely employ the 4-1-4-1 again. Learn our lesson from last season that if we try and take them on its not going to end well. Not interested in glowing words from Pep, its all about picking up points.

The only changes I would make from Saturday are Adams for Armstrong (better point man to get us up the pitch and Armstrong can be a late impact sub if we're still in the game with 20 mins to go) and either S Armstrong (if fit) or Tella in for Redmond

We should definitely use that 352 we changed to against utd.. worked a treat vs utd changed the game 

McCarthy 

Bed Stephens salisu 

Livramento                              Perraud

Jwp romeau. Diallo/stu

Armstrong    Broja 

• Like 1

Palace beat them at their place, so it is possible, but we have to be extremely fluent and efficient on the break and then hope they have an off day in front of goal. If you don't score on those few breakaways, you have no chance. Time to give Tella another chance perhaps?