(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

If I remember correctly he left to flog paint or kitchen countertops or some such.

TLDR The players are not very good and the players have realised they are not very good and that has made them worse.

Edited by Mystic Force
On 20/10/2021 at 22:36, Matthew Le God said:

To their credit this simple improvised chant is pretty amusing to watch.

Gallows humour from those blue few still in the stadium when 4-0 down...

They are good fans, period. Hampshire humour

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why have the Eisner family bought Pompey? At the time thought they might be after a leisure complex here on the South Coast incorporating a stadium, but after four years there doesn't seem to be any discernible plan.

Don't much care anyway but curious - anyone heard any whispers?

3 hours ago, Coerezza said:

Why have the Eisner family bought Pompey?

Rumour has it that they wanted to buy the Mary Rose..but got confused and instead of buying a sunk ship they ended up buying a sinking ship in Pompey FC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Manuel said:

League 1 results today:  14th Position Pompey 1-1 against 15th position Cheltenham Town. 

#lfoundthatlevel

Doesn't invalidate your point, but that was Tuesday, not today. They were busy today scraping a 1-0 win against Harrow Borough from the 7th tier (I think - might be 8th) of English football.

8 hours ago, Danbert said:

This reads like a parody. I particularly the line about Portsmouth's "infamous landmarks".

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/hampshire-news/portsmouth-ranked-alongside-new-york-6165315

That is hilarious. 

I have been to Portsmouth and 7 of the other 9 listed cities. I can confidently statr that Portsmouth is completely unlike the other cities.

10 hours ago, Danbert said:

This reads like a parody. I particularly the line about Portsmouth's "infamous landmarks".

https://www.hampshirelive.news/news/hampshire-news/portsmouth-ranked-alongside-new-york-6165315

Speaking with HampshireLive, she said: "I often describe Portsmouth as the 'biggest village' because you always meet people who know people.

They all know each other because they're all fookin' related. Never have so many cousins been seen in the same place at the same time, yet another portsea island "wow factor".

A 1-0 away win at Wycombe today. That's 4 games without defeat now which can only mean this is the start of their unstoppable march back towards the Premier League where their magnificent fan base deserve to be.

• Haha 1
On 18/11/2021 at 12:44, trousers said:

Looks like we're going to be propping up our inferior neighbours then. Hope they accept our money with gratitude and grace. 

Screenshot_20211118-124222-246.png

They should minus the charities money that they stole before giving that lot anything. It’s just hand out after handout to that lot. 

• Like 1

I get the Pompey News feed on my Facebook for some weird reason.

It seems the template for any report is

Win = The fans roared them to victory

Draw = The fans roared them to a fantastic point and if it wasnt for them....

Lose = The fans turned up and roared them on and it was a plucky defeat

Lose badly = The fans were fully behind the team and the boos were by the opposition fans as they didnt want to win