(Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga

jawillwill

5 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Looks like they will finally be starting their journey towards domination of world football, just as soon as they appoint some bloke who was recently sacked to replace their bloke who was recently sacked :mcinnes:

To be fair, that's the case with most managerial appointments.

52 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

To be fair, that's the case with most managerial appointments.

Which was one of the points I was making.

Football seems to be the only industry where a crap manager can be sacked one day and start a new job the next!  I guess the saying 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' has never been so pertinent.

53 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Going to Birmingham by all accounts. 

His agent has been seen at their training ground or something.

Maybe Pompey will get Karanka. Would be good because he plays dull football and we can easily make up a song which rhymes with his name. 

12 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Another defeat and down to 10th. They’re all posting German flags on Twitter, they’re putting all their faith in some German manager 🤷🏻‍♂️

By their logic,   I expect he is an ex Tank driving Nazi , or whatever it was.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hatch said:

By their logic,   I expect he is an ex Tank driving Nazi , or whatever it was.

Apparently it's the guy who got Barnsley promoted while getting slapped by Joey Barton. He then got sacked, ended up at Hearts, got them relegated and was sacked again. 

Here's an article of one sentence paragraphs by our favourite skate journo if anyone can hack scrolling through GCSE standard writing and a load of unrelated ads and pictures.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-face-competition-for-ex-barnsley-boss-daniel-stendel-as-length-of-fratton-deal-becomes-sticking-point-3166681

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Here's an article of one sentence paragraphs by our favourite skate journo if anyone can hack scrolling through GCSE standard writing and a load of unrelated ads and pictures.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-face-competition-for-ex-barnsley-boss-daniel-stendel-as-length-of-fratton-deal-becomes-sticking-point-3166681

3 management jobs where he’s only lasted a year in each of them. Sacked from two, was let go from his 3rd a month before they were relegated. Also got a kicking in the tunnel off Joey Barton. He sounds perfect. 

53 minutes ago, The Cat said:

You are being unfair on GCSE standards going by past evidence of, I presume, Factless. I don't need or couldn't face reading any more, thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Why sack Jackett if:

1. No replacement is lined up to take over?

2. You are not even sure if you want to appoint a 13 match temporary manager ir a more permanent replacement?

In fairness he looks like quite a good appointment if you want to replicate what he achieved at Barnsley, promotion from L1.

But for a reasonable young coach he'd be mental just to take a 13 match contract with no security beyond.

One could think they are just floating an exciting name they can't afford to give the fans a bit of the "well, we tried" routine before they appoint Guy Whittingham again.

7 hours ago, warsash saint said:

This surprises me. I heard him on the BBC 72+ podcast and he said that he'd had offers, but was waiting for the 'right' opportunity, stressing the need for the right club and owner. God knows why he thought they're the right club given the state they are in, or maybe the offers had started to dry up?! Did a very good job at Lincoln, but was out of his depth at Huddersfield - although they were in a basket case situation, admittedly. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14366286/alan-pardew-interest-portsmouth-job-harry-redknapp-ohara/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook170321&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1615980332

According to "reliable journalist Alex Crook"... Pardew, the former scummer with an impressive JPT record is being eyed to help ensure they regain their title next season.

Also has a history of finishing just outside of the playoffs on League One.

15 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Used to quite like Danny Cowley, that’s a shame. Skate bastard 🤣

Same. Expect he’ll do pretty well there to be honest, seems a sensible fit for both which is a shame.

They did extremely well at Lincoln. Played a lot of direct balls  but they had a decent target man and it worked a treat. I wonder if Marquis would work in that kind of role. Let's fucking hope not.

Paul Cook remembers his time at the club fondly:

"There’s no way I’d ever return to Portsmouth, though. I’ve done that trip."

"I certainly won’t be returning to Portsmouth at any given time"

• Haha 1

On 19/03/2021 at 12:56, Chez said:

Paul Cook remembers his time at the club fondly:

"There’s no way I’d ever return to Portsmouth, though. I’ve done that trip."

"I certainly won’t be returning to Portsmouth at any given time"

To be fair, once you leave that festering toilet you would never want to go back, would you ?

39 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Dont worry Mack, you are a well run and sustainable club and better than premier league outfits, well according to the loon on the saints forum 😁🤷‍♂️

Always, you’re obsessed pal. 

If you actually had the intelligence to read and understand people’s comments, you’d see that I said their owner is better than ours, not that they’re a better team or club. 

Edited by SKD

16 hours ago, SKD said:

Always, you’re obsessed pal. 

If you actually had the intelligence to read and understand people’s comments, you’d see that I said their owner is better than ours, not that they’re a better team or club. 

As long as we all can agree our fans our better than theirs, I would rather smell of ponies than fish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to (Not The) Pompey Takeover Saga