Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread

Saint Garrett

19 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

These tickets go on sale to home fans today, their ST holders can purchase their own seats which kind of suggests we've only taken the usual away allocation rather than the whole of the Shed End. Seen suggestions elsewhere that tickets will be £25.

Yes tickets will be £25, Chelsea publish prices for all competitions on their site. 

The league Cup is not like the FA Cup where teams can ask for larger (15%) allocations, league Cup is 3000 or 10% if lower, same as league games. Some clubs choose to give more. 

Hopefully Saints will confirm details today, we should be able to sell 3000 again I think, 4th round Cup game away in London is decent despite tough opponents. Watford away tickets have been on sale for a few days and I didn't notice Saints announce that anywhere 

Edited by JRM

56 minutes ago, JRM said:

The league Cup is not like the FA Cup where teams can ask for larger (15%) allocations, league Cup is 3000 or 10% if lower, same as league games. Some clubs choose to give more.

Yeah you’re right but I’m sure I’ve seen all the Shed given over to aways in the League Cup before.

Doubt we’d have taken 7,000 anyway as Chelsea don’t allow visiting clubs to put tickets on General Sale which we would probably have needed to do with that allocation. SFC wouldn’t have taken a chance of not selling them all and taking a hit financially.

On 05/10/2021 at 12:25, Saint Garrett said:

On sale today. quite a few gone already.

On sale to members now but really not many sold at all so far, the two blocks directly behind the goal in upper tier haven't been put on sale yet, maybe its too soon after our last visit but I thought this would be a popular one. 

10 hours ago, JRM said:

On sale to members now but really not many sold at all so far, the two blocks directly behind the goal in upper tier haven't been put on sale yet, maybe its too soon after our last visit but I thought this would be a popular one. 

Will be a real shame if we got a shit following, I’d (wrongly!) assumed those blocks had already been sold…! 

Edited by Saint Garrett

On 08/10/2021 at 23:12, Saint Garrett said:

Will be a real shame if we got a shit following, I’d (wrongly!) assumed those blocks had already been sold…! 

Agree, tickets are on sale to anyone with a purchase history at the moment and still plenty left (plus about 700 held back that haven't been put on sale yet) , I don't blame anyone for not going but we can't complain about the club taking small allocations in the future. 

I often see fans moaning that they can't get away tickets or build up away games to qualify for the more popular trips, here is a perfect chance for a London away cup game, decent prices and anyone on Saints database can buy. 

On 12/10/2021 at 08:07, JRM said:

Agree, tickets are on sale to anyone with a purchase history at the moment and still plenty left (plus about 700 held back that haven't been put on sale yet) , I don't blame anyone for not going but we can't complain about the club taking small allocations in the future. 

I often see fans moaning that they can't get away tickets or build up away games to qualify for the more popular trips, here is a perfect chance for a London away cup game, decent prices and anyone on Saints database can buy. 

Yeah - bit pathetic really. Managed to switch work days around, so working from London Tuesday instead. Tickets aren’t even that expensive, come on saints fans! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 21:14, Saint Garrett said:

Yeah - bit pathetic really. Managed to switch work days around, so working from London Tuesday instead. Tickets aren’t even that expensive, come on saints fans! 

It's not clear exactly what's sold and what's not on the OS ticket page and right now you can't even get on to purchase Chelsea tickets but saying only limited tickets left.

When I looked this morning there was only one block showing as available with about 100 seats left in it (top tier/central), a few days ago it was showing 3 blocks from the corner (upper tier) as sold out, greyed out seats next to that and then another block available. All others and lower tier greyed out and unavailable, have we put the lower tier on sale at all?

What I think Ralph will play:

Forster

Tino, Bednarek, Salisu, KWP; 

S. Armstrong, Romeu

Tella, Djenepo

Adams, A. Armstrong

If Tino is tired, then Perraud to come in or Djenepo fullback w/ Diallo in No.6 and Stu in right mid.. I just cannot see Lyanco or Valery playing this, not sure they are good enough although I think I prefer Valery in a 5 if he has to play.

I'd say our likeliest chance of getting through is sneaking a draw and winning on pens; but Chelsea should put in a second XI with the likes of Barkley and Loftus-Cheek but even then that might be too much for us. Still, no Werner and Lukaku helps.

17 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

It's not clear exactly what's sold and what's not on the OS ticket page and right now you can't even get on to purchase Chelsea tickets but saying only limited tickets left.

When I looked this morning there was only one block showing as available with about 100 seats left in it (top tier/central), a few days ago it was showing 3 blocks from the corner (upper tier) as sold out, greyed out seats next to that and then another block available. All others and lower tier greyed out and unavailable, have we put the lower tier on sale at all?

Yeah lower tier sold out. Upper was down  to about 90 left about 1pm today the ticket details said "off sale" from 3pm today so not sure if we sold any more, but that's not a bad following just short of 3000 in this competition. 

I'd imagine Ralph will make quite a few changes, personally i don't think we can get away with Lyanco against this Chelsea team, only hope is they play a weak side and give us a chance with the high number of fixtures they've got. Broja can't play for us and none of our other strikers look like scoring. JWP completes his suspension so he'll be back on Saturday.

Looking forward to it, cup away day , Newport and Sheff Utd were decent been a good cup run. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nta786 said:

What I think Ralph will play:

Forster

Tino, Bednarek, Salisu, KWP; 

S. Armstrong, Romeu

Tella, Djenepo

Adams, A. Armstrong

If Tino is tired, then Perraud to come in or Djenepo fullback w/ Diallo in No.6 and Stu in right mid.. I just cannot see Lyanco or Valery playing this, not sure they are good enough although I think I prefer Valery in a 5 if he has to play.

I'd say our likeliest chance of getting through is sneaking a draw and winning on pens; but Chelsea should put in a second XI with the likes of Barkley and Loftus-Cheek but even then that might be too much for us. Still, no Werner and Lukaku helps.

I’d assume we would want to give Lyanco more game time, given we are an injury away from needing to use him in the league.

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Lyanco vs Chelsea terrifies me.

He was shaky against a 2nd string Sheffield United, so you're probably right to have concerns about him starting against Chelsea.  Not sure he would cope at that level just yet. 

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Bit of a pointless signing then

remember that guy Salisu who almost didn't feature for an entire season after we bought him so that he could be slowly integrated and learn exactly what was needed of him, didn't work out too badly did it.

I've not written off Lyanco just yet.

• Like 3

Forster

Valery    Bednarek    Salisu    KWP

Romeu             Diallo

S.Armstrong                   Djenepo

A.Armstrong        Adams

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Forster

Valery    Bednarek    Salisu    KWP

Romeu             Diallo

S.Armstrong                   Djenepo

A.Armstrong        Adams

Please not Valery. He was hopeless against Sheff Utd last time out.

48 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Please not Valery. He was hopeless against Sheff Utd last time out.

I hated myself for typing it, but want to keep Tino/Perraud fresh for Watford. And certainly don't want Tino getting burnt out. So maybe KWP at RB and Small in at LB? Or KWP and Perraud. Don't want Moussa at LB. Think Ralph might play Valery though.

18 hours ago, DT said:

Trying to buy tickets. I read the window has closed. Never seen that before. Is it right? Can’t buy after yesterday?

Give the ticket office a call , might be able to buy and collect at Chelsea 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing a rotated squad tomorrow, in particular Lyanco getting another 90 minutes.

Expecting him to slowly be brought into the first team foray, as Salisu was last season.

Hopefully we see enough quality to be encouraged! As good as Salisu has been this season, its obvious Bednarek is nailed on as his partner until Stephens gets back...we need more competition in the CB department and hopefully Lyanco can provide that at some point!

22 hours ago, DT said:

Trying to buy tickets. I read the window has closed. Never seen that before. Is it right? Can’t buy after yesterday?

Came up as sold out on the website, but it’s our website, so who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Rickman42 said:

Looking forward to seeing a rotated squad tomorrow, in particular Lyanco getting another 90 minutes.

Expecting him to slowly be brought into the first team foray, as Salisu was last season.

Hopefully we see enough quality to be encouraged! As good as Salisu has been this season, its obvious Bednarek is nailed on as his partner until Stephens gets back...we need more competition in the CB department and hopefully Lyanco can provide that at some point!

He's going to have to improved a lot since Sheff Utd, but fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Small and Smallbone both missing from the B Team which won today. Maybe involved/on the bench tomorrow?

I guess it’s Valery vs Small and KWP plays the other side. Salisu and Lycano in the middle? Forster in goal, Diallo Romeu, Armstrong Tella Armstrong Adams….

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 1-1 (p.4-3) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic