Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Now, we have 10 days until this fixture, whilst Liverpool play Spurs tonight, Villa on the 10th, then an FA Cup final on the 14th against Chelsea.

Now who do we think will look fresher on the pitch?

Ralph can win some goodwill back if we miraculously get something from this game, although I suspect for many the damage is now done. 

The team I would play? Honestly probably too soon to care right now.

Prediction: Saints 1-4 Liverpool.

• Like 1

You know what's going to happen, don't you?

We'll end up winning this somehow, then go on to lose the Leicester game the next weekend. It's just how we do things and why we are such an infuriating team.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It doesn't bear thinking about what they will do to us.   Jeff Stelling and the team on Sky were saying how we are liable to folding, and that was against Brentford...! There is no fight or desire in this team so if it starts to go pear shaped early on it could well get embarrassing again.  Our best hope is that VVD and Sadio take pity on us and ease up.

Contemplating putting my tickets up on the exchange, especially if Man City drop any points beforehand.

Not sure I can sit through us getting hammered while watching Liverpool fans celebrate being a step closer to the title.

39 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Contemplating putting my tickets up on the exchange, especially if Man City drop any points beforehand.

Not sure I can sit through us getting hammered while watching Liverpool fans celebrate being a step closer to the title.

I shall be there. When a loved one is on its sick bed they need all the support that you can give them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I shall be there. When a loved one is on its sick bed they need all the support that you can give them.

I'm going to Leicester. By that point it might be like seeing the lifeless corpse dragged out in a coffin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Which reminds me of the old joke,

”I see that Saints are losing again”

”How on earth can you know?”

”It’s ten past three”

Or the classic "What time are Saints kicking off today?"

"3.00, 3.07, 3.12, 3.21 etc etc."

• Haha 8

Just now, Baird of the land said:

I'd rather play something like 4-5-1.

Forster

KWP Bednarek Salisu Perraud

Valery Lyanco Stephens Romeu Small

JWP

That oughta hold them off for a nil nil. 😛

Probably drop Bednarek for Lyanco, not sure about 3 at the back. Put Romeu back in place of Diallo.

Adams has to play as we'll need someone vaguely competent at holding up the ball when we play it forward.

19 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Probably drop Bednarek for Lyanco, not sure about 3 at the back. Put Romeu back in place of Diallo.

Adams has to play as we'll need someone vaguely competent at holding up the ball when we play it forward.

We will play the ball forward? Sounds better than I expect.

2 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Would holding them to 5 feel like a win? They have Villa and Chelsea before us so is it too much to hope they'll be knackered???

The biggest hope is that Spurs hold on for a point at Anfield, Villa somehow beat them to kill their title chase, Kloppitty then plays the reserves so he can rest the squad for the CL.

I mean, it won’t happen, and we’d lose anyway, but maybe not by a hammering.

18 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The biggest hope is that Spurs hold on for a point at Anfield, Villa somehow beat them to kill their title chase, Kloppitty then plays the reserves so he can rest the squad for the CL.

I mean, it won’t happen, and we’d lose anyway, but maybe not by a hammering.

Part 1 is complete.

• Like 1

At least we should know a little more of our fate by the time this game comes around.
Both Leeds and Everton will play 3 times and Burnley once more before we face Liverpool.

Hopefully we can go into this one already knowing we are safe by then... 

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic