easy way to set up a website?

Spudders

I'm looking to set up a website & would ideally like to do it myself. I know blogs are free, but I'd like a bit more to it than a blog, Ideally I'd like seperate sections for information, picture archives, & links, but it doesn't need to be too fancy. I don't mind paying if it's easy to use at the design & set up stage.

I've seen adverts on tv where you can set them up pretty easily with set templates, just wondering if any of you have experiance with this sort of thing? If so, any suggesions of who to use? Does using these companies mean you have to use their domains, or could I still choose & buy my own website name to use?

ta

Most hosting places will let you use your own domains as long as you have access to your DNS records so you can set up the subdomain/alias (e.g mysite.spudgun.com)

Certainly Wordpress and Blogger do.

If you haven't already bought your domain a lot of places include a free website if you buy the domain through them. I usually get my domains through 123-reg.co.uk for .co.uk or GoDaddy for .coms

• 3 weeks later...