Spurs v Saints London Pubs-Any Recommendations!?!

dannysfc

Am going to be up in London this coming weekend to celebrate

my up and coming Birthday which also coincides with it being

the Spurs v Saints game this Sunday-(19th!) as I didn't get a

ticket for it sadly due to it being a Sell Out am seeing where my

fellow Saints fans will be watching the game as any recommendations

on Pubs to watch the game would be much appreciated?

Many Thanks.

COYR.

I don't know of any designated Saints watering holes for Sunday but I can give you a few general pointers that might help? Firstly though, pretty much anywhere you pick in central London will contain Spurs fans. I think the only way to avoid them is to head out to Zone 3 West/East or up in to the Highbury area. With the latter in mind, there's a pub called "the Cock" right by Highbury & Islington tube that is 100% Arsenal territory so there'll be plenty of people cheering against Spurs! No big screens but plenty of reasonable sized screens around the pub.

If Spurs fans being present is fine with you then the Sports Pubs at either Waterloo or Victoria station concourses are a good a place as any. We tend to go to the Roxy between London Bridge & Borough which has a cinema sized screen. It's a bit tired looking from the outside, could use a lick of paint, but the beer's good and there will be an atmosphere, so if you're low maintenance then it's a good option. Almost opposite is a smaller plastic Scouser pub which I forget the name of just now, but with Liverpool kicking off after we finish you'll spot it easily enough; they'll have our game on. To enter you must have a southern accent and some form of Liverpool attire though.

I'll be watching it down in deepest darkest bandit country with a couple of good pals that are Spurs fans, for my sins!

Have a good birthday, I hope this helps.

Hidden gem of North East London that most don't know about and is on the line to White Hart Lane is Stoke Newington, there's a heavy selection of quality pubs there including craft beer/real ale pubs and a few with good beer gardens too.