CD not playing on my laptop.

saintrich

Hi I recently purchased a CD and put it in my laptop - recognises it fine and comes up with the correct tracks... but my laptop starts making noises when you click on a song and it doesn't play whatsoever - when I go to import CD it imports very slowly, but again doesn't play the songs - this is on Itunes.

When I try and play on Windows media player it comes up with a red cross next to each song when I click the song and comes up with 'error' when you hover over the cross.

My laptop plays other CD's fine and imports fine - so I thought it may be a dodgy CD, which I bought from amazon.

But I bought the same CD from HMV today and it doesn't play :S

The CD in question is foals - antidotes, not sure if thats relevant, but I guess somebody would have asked.

P.S the CD plays fine in a car stereo, just not in laptop.

Any help appreciated.

Rich do you have a second laptop or PC? Are you able to play/import the CD on to that machine? If so, I'd just rip it on to that one, then copy the files on to a USB & move them across to the machine you want them on. Not a direct resolution, but if the issue is only with that one CD it's probably not worth spending to much time trying to understand the problem, just work around it. Naturally if it starts doing the same thing with other CD's then that's more of an issue!