Sky Plus HD with wifi problems

stthrobber

Hi All

I recently upgraded from Sky+ to Sky+ HD and they installed a new 500gb hard drive box with built in wifi. It kept freezing and needed rebooting twice a day after it had been off for long periods. They replaced the box on Friday and hey presto, it's still having the same problems. It's a DRX890 box and I have a sneaking suspicion that when I switch my router off and the box loses the network signal, that it when the problem occurs.

The Sky forums are full of similar issues of boxes freezing etc, just wondered if anyone on here has suffered or knows of a fix. I've tried forcing the software download as recommended, the only thing I haven't yet tried is a full reformat

Cheers

Hi All

I recently upgraded from Sky+ to Sky+ HD and they installed a new 500gb hard drive box with built in wifi. It kept freezing and needed rebooting twice a day after it had been off for long periods. They replaced the box on Friday and hey presto, it's still having the same problems. It's a DRX890 box and I have a sneaking suspicion that when I switch my router off and the box loses the network signal, that it when the problem occurs.

The Sky forums are full of similar issues of boxes freezing etc, just wondered if anyone on here has suffered or knows of a fix. I've tried forcing the software download as recommended, the only thing I haven't yet tried is a full reformat

Cheers

As a follow up to this I had an engineer round who advised that certain boxes with built in wifi will freeze with certain routers. I don't know why they allow this if they know there's a problem, but he changed it for a box with a wifi adapter so hopefully the problem will be cured now...and Sky are apparently working on a bug fix.