tv games Hollywwod

time to get some serious planning in here

for the opening games in august , i will be in LA , with the family. Staying by Hollywood Boulevard.

so to all saints in california , where is the best place (near Hollywood) to watch the games live?

will they show the Europa league matches?

anyone know if theres a sports bar in Joshua national Park?

time to get some serious planning in here

for the opening games in august , i will be in LA , with the family. Staying by Hollywood Boulevard.

so to all saints in california , where is the best place (near Hollywood) to watch the games live?

will they show the Europa league matches?

anyone know if theres a sports bar in Joshua national Park?

Hej Hej,

Per soccerbars.com, the bars in the link below are known to show the football. I've never watched football during my stays in LA so I'm not sure which one is best but start looking at their websites and try to narrow down the better ones using TripAdvisor and Yelp. Because you'll be in Cali the matches will be on very early (5:30AMish) so email your preferred bar of choice ahead of time, they may even promote it on their site.

http://www.soccerbars.com/modules/soccerbars/bars_by_town.php?country=USA&region=California&town=Los%20Angeles

You probably won't be able to see our qualifying stage at a bar because the TV providers (namely Directv, which most bars use) generally start to show Europa and Champions League matches at the group stage.

Perhaps one our resident bloggers (Redslo) can chime in. I think he's around the Santa Barbara area but I'm not positive. Enjoy California and be sure to stop at Pink's Hotdogs!

I live in LA and watch games around this area. The best place nearby is The Village Idiot on Melrose.. Alternatively, the bars that are always packed for football are the Fox and Hounds in Studio City, Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena and The Kings Head in Santa Monica.

At the moment the issue is no U.S. TV channels have picked up the game for Europa qualifying games. The place to look is livesoccertv.com. Unless the game gets broadcast on a U.S. Channel none of these bars/pubs will show the game. If they do show it, you will most likely need to ask the bar to put it on that channel. Typically the bars are setup to have crowds for the big 6 EPL teams and everyone else is irrelevant.

If it's an evening game in England it will be a lunch time game in LA. This is good because all places that show football will be open for lunchtime and normally will be happy to switch the channel for live game.

LA Saint